Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Gasturbine
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had to do it over, I would have got the Diablo. You dont know what your loading. Also, you have to spend an additional $50 to get the transmission programming, and you can only load one vehicle. The manual and website are about worthless for information...for example, they never tell you the "tow" program requires premium fuel, and they dont offer a 93 octane program.

This has been my take on SC thus far.

-Chris

Old 06-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

We fine tune the air/fiel ratios as well as increase timing to maximize the engines performance. On top of that we do some trans adjustments to work inconjunction withthe engine mods.

Scott

Originally Posted by Gasturbine
I just wish SC would provide more information about the preloaded tunes.

Im mean, what does the performance tune entail? Same with the tow tune...what exactly is affected/adjusted?

Old 06-17-2010, 02:54 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

If I had to do it over, I would have got the Diablo. You dont know what your loading. Also, you have to spend an additional $50 to get the transmission programming, and you can only load one vehicle. The manual and website are about worthless for information...for example, they never tell you the "tow" program requires premium fuel, and they dont offer a 93 octane program.

-Chris
Chris, I've tried to help and I'm sorry you feel that way.

The Advanced Trans Option is only $40.00 not $50.00.

I believe when you select Tow tune on the tuner, it tells you you need 91 octane or better.

Also, the Diablo only has shift changes for 1, 2 and 3. They may be working on 2P, 4 and 5 but I've not seen anything about it. And, I don't know how they handle TM PT and WOT????

Old 06-17-2010, 03:57 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

-Chris
it tells u when u load the tune!!

Old 06-17-2010, 04:13 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

still trying to figure out shift schedules and how to plug them in im completely stupified and confused....i wanna use this as well as learn it i have a 4.7l schedule from somebody it maybe it may not be my style but...i need to learn how to plug it in any ideas guys....

Old 06-17-2010, 09:16 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by jusjay727
still trying to figure out shift schedules and how to plug them in im completely stupified and confused....i wanna use this as well as learn it i have a 4.7l schedule from somebody it maybe it may not be my style but...i need to learn how to plug it in any ideas guys....
Jay, PM sent.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:21 AM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by MDSBigPaPa
Chris, I've tried to help and I'm sorry you feel that way.
No problem Papa...Im just giving my perspective as a new user. I also still dont know whether any of the tunes effect mt "tow/haul" button. They just seem terribly lacking on the technical documentation side of it.

The Advanced Trans Option is only $40.00 not $50.00.
Yup...I stand corrected on the price, but if you read their advertising, they make you think youll be able to do it out of the box.

I believe when you select Tow tune on the tuner, it tells you you need 91 octane or better.
Nope...mine didnt...and I even did a recent update. Because of this lacking type of information, I feel Im now stuck with a $300 tire size changer.

Also, the Diablo only has shift changes for 1, 2 and 3. They may be working on 2P, 4 and 5 but I've not seen anything about it. And, I don't know how they handle TM PT and WOT????
Shift points for lower gear are much more important than the higher ones in either a performance, or tow mode. If fact, firming up the taller gears at lower RPMs may lag the engine.

Oh well...it is what it is, and nobody held a gun to my head to buy it, Im just saying, if I knew then what I know now, I would have went in a different direction.

-Chris

Old 06-18-2010, 07:40 AM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by jusjay727
still trying to figure out shift schedules and how to plug them in im completely stupified and confused....
Yup, more issues that SC does not address. I found NO documentation in the manual or website on how to obtain/load schedules, and even where to get them.

-Chris

Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Yup, more issues that SC does not address. I found NO documentation in the manual or website on how to obtain/load schedules, and even where to get them.

-Chris
Chris,

The trans options are totally end user driven. It's custom tuning in your hands. SC will give no direction for these options. It's not a canned option, like their base canned tuning that they control. That's the defining difference between the two products.

You have to spend time learning it. The betas have given plenty direction in regards to these options. There are excel sheets available and there's some great information in this thread to get you started. If you spend time on it, work the excel spread sheet, drive the truck and test settings, you'll get it. The key is really spending time with it.

Some nice information: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2112188-post2140.html

Also, the transmission options FAQ and shift schedules available here: http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/

I tell folks, take their starter excel sheet to the truck. Enter the shift schedule option and check things out. You'll see how the excel sheet and option pretty much mirror each other. This is the best way to get familiar with things. Everything else, like entering values, etc., is pretty much self explanatory. Load schedule, drive. Make changes based on your feel.

You can do it, but you'll have to spend some time with it.

Sil

Old 06-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Hemi's Deer

Gasturbine, if you wanna go for diablo and your SC is for sale let me know, after what i've been reading it's still the best in my mind and i'll buy it from you.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates