Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try not to rub it in too much when you are playing with your new options on your DSP

Old 05-02-2009, 08:53 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i too have lost hope in the SC every having new options. i will say it gave my truck a little more power i wouldnt say it was a " HOLY ****" response AT ALL. maybe with the "upcomming options" it will better!
WE WANT MORE OUT OF OUR SC TUNERS !!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yeah please.....

Old 05-02-2009, 09:53 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Try not to rub it in too much when you are playing with your new options on your DSP
you no the funny thing teach im kinda leannin toward not even buyin another tuner for a while. might just do my gears?

Old 05-02-2009, 11:20 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

I hate to say this but you guys are being a little hard on SC...as far as the "holy sheet" response anyway. You have to remember it's just a tune on a basically stock engine....and in a heavy truck to boot.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:26 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
I hate to say this but you guys are being a little hard on SC...as far as the "holy sheet" response anyway. You have to remember it's just a tune on a basically stock engine....and in a heavy truck to boot.
Yeah, I think the recent competition in the field of tuners is creating a bunch of monsters.
I got a buddy whose on another forum, has gone from the SC to the Predator to a custom tuned SCT for his '06 RAM in the last 3 months cause he ain't been satisfied.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:00 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

hey i never expected holy **** factor haha. i knew what to expect from it and i got what i expected. i just want more now. can never be satisfied always want more. the reason i want more is cause there has been talk about upgrades for the last 5 months, even on the flashpaq site. So now you get it in your head that latest and greatest is in the works and you get impatient.
the sct is the way to go, but its not practical for me YET !!! if i ever tear the engine down for internals, the sct would be on order asap. Someday, but by then the 2010 will be out and be calling my name and my truck will be "old"......

Old 05-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I can't speak for the other guys but I know I never expected a tuner to turn my truck into a race car or even for the "holy s" response. What I did expect was for the tune to wake the truck up a little more and it did, so I was happy. Then DSP came out and we started hearing from SC about all these options they had in the works for us so I was happy to see that they were going to keep up with the competition. But then it turned into a string of unfulfilled timelines as to when the SC endusers would get these features. And that is where my disappointment in SC comes from. We have been hearing about these new features since November 08 and they have come through with very little of what they promised. I think there would be a lot less disappointment if they were just honest with us about if or when we will get new features instead of alays telling us they are coming soon because I know "coming soon" just isn't cutting it anymore for a lot of us SC users.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:41 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Now I'm not choosing sides here, but remember, Diablo was delayed about a year and a half from their first promised delivery date.
Right now, I just want SOMEBODY to support the tranny like SC does on my '04, but give me custom tunes so I can finish my truck the way I've always wanted to. NOBODY has a solution for me to have my cake and eat it too, without going to a piggyback. I can't get tranny support or even tire size calibration from SCT yet and Diablo isn't doing the '04 trannies, either.
They all say that tuning the Dodge PCMs is a bi*ch. But yeah, it is always a good policy to UNDER PROMISE AND OVER DELIVER!!!

Old 05-03-2009, 01:43 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I can't speak for the other guys but I know I never expected a tuner to turn my truck into a race car or even for the "holy s" response. What I did expect was for the tune to wake the truck up a little more and it did, so I was happy. Then DSP came out and we started hearing from SC about all these options they had in the works for us so I was happy to see that they were going to keep up with the competition. But then it turned into a string of unfulfilled timelines as to when the SC endusers would get these features. And that is where my disappointment in SC comes from. We have been hearing about these new features since November 08 and they have come through with very little of what they promised. I think there would be a lot less disappointment if they were just honest with us about if or when we will get new features instead of alays telling us they are coming soon because I know "coming soon" just isn't cutting it anymore for a lot of us SC users.
Jason,

I feel you my man. All I can say is, they're working on it bud. I know Tom was trying to push things along. He reads this forum and sees the frustration. I know he wants these options for you folks. I know I've asked for patience and I know that's difficult to understand because, you folks have been waiting. I'm being patient because, I know what they'll give us will be real nice. If you can, hang in there my man.

Sil

Old 05-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Now I'm not choosing sides here, but remember, Diablo was delayed about a year and a half from their first promised delivery date.
Right now, I just want SOMEBODY to support the tranny like SC does on my '04, but give me custom tunes so I can finish my truck the way I've always wanted to. NOBODY has a solution for me to have my cake and eat it too, without going to a piggyback. I can't get tranny support or even tire size calibration from SCT yet and Diablo isn't doing the '04 trannies, either.
They all say that tuning the Dodge PCMs is a bi*ch. But yeah, it is always a good policy to UNDER PROMISE AND OVER DELIVER!!!
I am right there with you Hammer, I have an 04 and have started purchasing parts for a cam swap later this summer. But I am kind of stuck bc I don't what cam to go with since I don't know what tuner I am going to use. There is no one out there who is currently offering everything that our trucks need to have control over engine tuning and the trans. So I either have to compromise by either going with a milder cam that will run on SC so that I can have some trans control or go with a more aggressive cam that I can then tune with a DSP or SCT but then have no trans control at all. Kind of stinks to have to choose one or the other.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates