Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Jason,

I feel you my man. All I can say is, they're working on it bud. I know Tom was trying to push things along. He reads this forum and sees the frustration. I know he wants these options for you folks. I know I've asked for patience and I know that's difficult to understand because, you folks have been waiting. I'm being patient because, I know what they'll give us will be real nice. If you can, hang in there my man.

Sil
I know they are working on it Sil and I hate posting negative things (or things that might be taken as negative) on here but I just think a lot of guys including myself are frustrated because Tom and the other members of the SC company have come on here and told us that options are coming soon and to just wait a little longer. For the most part guys have waited but it just seems like we keep getting told to wait and never get an answer as to what we are waiting for and how long the wait will be. If they just gave us a list of what they were going to give us and some dates as to when they would release these feature I know I would be fine with waiting. But it just seems like we are in an endless wait for what, no one really knows. There is only so long that people can wait before they get frustrated and I guess I am just at that point.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:17 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I am right there with you Hammer, I have an 04 and have started purchasing parts for a cam swap later this summer. But I am kind of stuck bc I don't what cam to go with since I don't know what tuner I am going to use. There is no one out there who is currently offering everything that our trucks need to have control over engine tuning and the trans. So I either have to compromise by either going with a milder cam that will run on SC so that I can have some trans control or go with a more aggressive cam that I can then tune with a DSP or SCT but then have no trans control at all. Kind of stinks to have to choose one or the other.
Performance wise that's a no brainer man....go bigger cam and no tranny support. Tranny support will be out sooner or later and it's a hell of a lot easier to reflash the pcm than it is to redo a cam swap.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I tend to agree but the shifting is so soft stock that I don't know if I can stand it. I just wish one of these tuners would offer full support for the 04's.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:37 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I reset my truck to stock and the transmission felt like a marshmellow. I know I won't be happy without the firmer shifts.
I'm still a little peeved about SC doing an about face on the custom tunes, although I understand why.
I guess the first company that gives both for an '04 will have my money and I'll put the cam in then...

Old 05-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Alpheus
Banned

Try being an 03. I feel like the red headed step child of the bunch and no one will tell me why...

Old 05-03-2009, 11:33 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

Originally Posted by Alpheus
Try being an 03. I feel like the red headed step child of the bunch and no one will tell me why...
Sooo true, sooo true.... We feel your pain....

So I am taking alot of you guys are gonna jump to who ever gives ya the tranny mod first???

Old 05-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Hammer, we might not be out of luck after all. I have been talking to the guys at Diablo and it is possible for the DSP to control the trans on some 04's. Apparantly the 04's made late in the model year can be controlled. You need to find out the 10 digit calid number for your trucks pcm/tcm. Now I have not yet figured out how to find this number but when I do I will let you know or if you know how to find it let me know.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:23 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Hammer, we might not be out of luck after all. I have been talking to the guys at Diablo and it is possible for the DSP to control the trans on some 04's. Apparantly the 04's made late in the model year can be controlled. You need to find out the 10 digit calid number for your trucks pcm/tcm. Now I have not yet figured out how to find this number but when I do I will let you know or if you know how to find it let me know.
pm sent teach

Old 05-04-2009, 06:27 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

It'll probably be on the pcm/tcm itself...stamped on or something like that. What's your build date?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
pm sent teach
Returned.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates