Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Stormin264
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems like every week or two when I plug my Cortex in, it updates something. Is there any place that will tell me or notify me what is actually updating? Is it possibly on the website?

Also, does anyone know what the Mileage XS Tune is exactly? Anyone used it and does it actually work?

Old 05-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Just updated and firmware 1.36 is out. Took it out and viewed settings on the truck and it said Tow which is what my truck was programmed to, so it looks like the view settings bug is now fixed.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:03 PM
FortHemi
Smile Wow

My programmer should be here any day this week. Glad to see I can safely update it before I do a tune. Very Very informative thread. My first post and no questions....meh

Old 05-12-2009, 08:16 AM
jembrey73

My SC comes in today! I'm glad I get to update it before playing.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Alpheus
Banned

I had some SC problems today. I downloaded the new version last night and hooked it up to my truck. After I had looked at the current setting it said stock. I knew that was wrong because I stuck the 87 octane tune in it and you can feel when its working or not just by the way it shifts. As I was changing my tune to the tow mode (because I have to pull a boat today) the tuner froze up on me after building the 1st file. I tried everything to free it up to no avail. I finally unplugged the unit for a minute and plugged it back in. Now it says that the tuner is VIN locked. WTF??? So I unplugged the tuner and tried to start my truck and she wasn't havin it. I cranked it for a minute with no start. I unplugged my battery for a couple of minutes and tried again. This time it started up but my CEL was on. I plugged in the tuner to see if it would read it but as soon as I plugged it in and turned my key on the CEL light had gone off. This time when I plugged my tuner it it worked just fine and everything went back to normal. I have no idea what happened there, but I was sweatin for a couple of minutes. Anyways thought I would share my story...

PS Super chips guys. Why was I able to change my rev limiter and my top speed when I first used my tuner and now it wont let me adjust them now??? Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Old 05-12-2009, 01:19 PM
RagingSamster
Amateur

^---- New member with birthday coming up - wife needs idea for a gift and if you have a model that supports a 2008 4.7l RAM I will know what I what idea to plant!

I did look on the site - found nothing for 4.7, just the hemi

Old 05-12-2009, 01:36 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

well a update on the customer service from SC. as you all no i sent the SC back a few weeks ago for a return... well they signed for it last wen. and i was told checks would be cut and mailed on fridays. so i figured they got it on a wen so i should get a check cut and mailed out friday....wrong.... well now its tues afternoon and i called to see what the hold up is and was told ill get it not this week next week. so if thats true it will be two and a half weeks to get a refund when it only took me 2 days to send it back. nice!!
so see guys they are slow all around not just in realeasin updates but in everything.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:24 PM
jembrey73

Originally Posted by RagingSamster
^---- New member with birthday coming up - wife needs idea for a gift and if you have a model that supports a 2008 4.7l RAM I will know what I what idea to plant!

I did look on the site - found nothing for 4.7, just the hemi
I have the same truck. It is the SC FlashPAQ 3865. I just got notification that mine is waiting at the house now. I'm so excited I peed a little.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:29 PM
RagingSamster
Amateur

Well... Clean yourself up and post some results already

Old 05-12-2009, 05:04 PM
OhioHemi03

mine will be here tomorrow....what should i have my settings at for the most use of the programmer?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates