Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:22 PM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Don't they offer your money back if you are not impressed by the performance gains? You should contact them and see.
well for one i bought threw air ram.com and dont no where my recet is and two if this is a option i want to do it so !!! you SC guys let me know how i do this.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Superchips Tom
Superchips believes you'll be delighted with your Dodge tuner. We offer a "holy $h!t or money back" guarantee if you're not thrilled with the performance and functionality.

Tom Bennett
Division President
Superchips, Inc.
Here you go RH, I knew it was on here somewhere.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:47 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

well holly $hit SC guys contact me or tell me how to do this i dont have a holy $hit response out of the ram and its been documented from day one

Old 04-28-2009, 09:18 PM
taker24
Professional

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
Ok, I confirmed with engineering that onlu timing was changed between the two settings to reduct detonation under load. Trans settings are the same between the two.

Scott
Is the tow tune primarily to be used when you are "towing" something?
I read that with the 87 & performance tune you should only tow or haul 1000 lbs. What is the limit for the tow tune? (I have a small 5x10 trailer I use to haul my 4x4 quad; right there is probably about 750 lbs.)

How about the 'tow/haul button' that is on the gear shifter. If the tow tune adjusts the shifting, etc., and that is what pushing the tow/haul button is supposed to do, is there a need to push this button when I am using the SC tow tune? (I hope you understand what I am saying)

Old 04-29-2009, 11:33 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
well holly $hit SC guys contact me or tell me how to do this i dont have a holy $hit response out of the ram and its been documented from day one
You'll need to contact customer service, 1.888.227.2447 and start the process.

Sil

Old 04-29-2009, 12:13 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by taker24
Is the tow tune primarily to be used when you are "towing" something?
I read that with the 87 & performance tune you should only tow or haul 1000 lbs. What is the limit for the tow tune? (I have a small 5x10 trailer I use to haul my 4x4 quad; right there is probably about 750 lbs.)

How about the 'tow/haul button' that is on the gear shifter. If the tow tune adjusts the shifting, etc., and that is what pushing the tow/haul button is supposed to do, is there a need to push this button when I am using the SC tow tune? (I hope you understand what I am saying)
I've towed two ATV's on a dual axle trailer with the Performance Tune over generally flat terrain with absolutely NO pre-detonation issues. I figure we are talking 2200 lbs. here. That's about the max I'd personally go. I've towed a 7000+ lb. Kubota tractor on the same trailer with the tow tune and been perfectly fine. Probably in the general neighborhood of 8000 lbs. total. I'd say the tow tune would be fine right up to the listed limit of the truck...

Old 04-30-2009, 10:20 AM
taker24
Professional

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I've towed two ATV's on a dual axle trailer with the Performance Tune over generally flat terrain with absolutely NO pre-detonation issues. I figure we are talking 2200 lbs. here. That's about the max I'd personally go. I've towed a 7000+ lb. Kubota tractor on the same trailer with the tow tune and been perfectly fine. Probably in the general neighborhood of 8000 lbs. total. I'd say the tow tune would be fine right up to the listed limit of the truck...
How about the tow/haul button on the gearshifter. Do you need to even use this button anymore? I am assuming the tow tune would be all you need.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:28 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

just a update for you SC guys and my DF brothers ... i sent the SC back didnt meet my needs. sent it back today . i will say one thing the customer service has been great thus far now we will see how quick i get my return. i was told they cut checks every friday so i should get the refund sometime soon i hope we will see if they have a true well rounded bussiness. and once again i wish the 3815 would have worked out but it didnt for me .

Old 05-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man RH, I am jealous of you. I wish I still had a receipt for my SC bc if I did I would send mine back too. I have completely lost any interest in SC and the seeminly neverending wait for options.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:35 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Man RH, I am jealous of you. I wish I still had a receipt for my SC bc if I did I would send mine back too. I have completely lost any interest in SC and the seeminly neverending wait for options.
well i had mine for 30 days and went back and forth with SC to get it right and i was tired of not having a product that i couldnt take full advantage of (meaning the performance tune) so back it went.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates