Old 03-07-2009, 11:14 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by the boy 13
im looking at putting the superchips chip in it, dont know wich one yet

i have an 06 dodge ram HEMI 4x4 with the fuel managment system

if i buy this chip, will it affect the performance of the fuel managment system?
it shuts down 4 cyls while not in the throttle above 35mph and i know the chip gives better mpg, but will it help or affect the performance of the fuel managment system?

The unit is a full blown tuner, not a "chip". It will not effect the ability of your MDS unless you choose to disable the function...

Old 03-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matty_p
I talked with superchips yesterday when I was trying to log onto their Flashpq site and they said they are probably going to be shutting it down. I couldn't get registered when I tried, so i gave them a call. Every time I tried to register, it just sent me back to the SC main site. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
Matty, when you talked to them did they say anything to you about the new beta version of their updater that they are currently testing? That might be why you can't register. I downloaded the new beta version of the updater yesterday and my passwords stopped working for the updater and flashpaq forum. I had to call them to get my passwords straightened out. Maybe that has something to do with your not being able to register.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:43 PM
matty_p
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to regiater the tuner through the main SC site, but when i tried to use my username and password at the flashpaq sit, it wouldn't let me log in. I had to call SC for another issue and they told me then that it wouldn''t be long before they stopped using the Flashpaq site completely. Said they were just going to use the main SC site for all of the info.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:08 PM
CountryBoyGoing2Dodge

Any recommendations of set rev limits and shift points for 5.7l hemis on the 07s? I have 35's on and 6" lift with true duals, shortys, cai, and need some recommendations for best performance.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Matty, when you talked to them did they say anything to you about the new beta version of their updater that they are currently testing? That might be why you can't register. I downloaded the new beta version of the updater yesterday and my passwords stopped working for the updater and flashpaq forum. I had to call them to get my passwords straightened out. Maybe that has something to do with your not being able to register.
Same here. Tried using the beta version of their updater and my password stopped working on my "Vista" computer but for some reason still works on my "XP" computer???

Then again the last time I updated on Vista I got version 1.32/database 239 but didn't have datalogging so I tried updating right after that on XP and got version 1.31/database 236. It seems I went backwards in updates with XP but the datalogging update worked.

The updater worked fine on my Vista machine before using their beta version. I've since uninstalled the beta and tried the regular updater on Vista and still can't log in. I can still use the updater on XP so I haven't had the need to call Superchips about it.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:04 PM
matty_p
Professional

Originally Posted by Ramdamit98
Same here. Tried using the beta version of their updater and my password stopped working on my "Vista" computer but for some reason still works on my "XP" computer???

Then again the last time I updated on Vista I got version 1.32/database 239 but didn't have datalogging so I tried updating right after that on XP and got version 1.31/database 236. It seems I went backwards in updates with XP but the datalogging update worked.

The updater worked fine on my Vista machine before using their beta version. I've since uninstalled the beta and tried the regular updater on Vista and still can't log in. I can still use the updater on XP so I haven't had the need to call Superchips about it.
I didn't try to download a different version of it, mainly because I didn't know there was. I was able to install the data logging when I updated my 3815 for the third time. For some reason the first two didn't take it. That was when I called SC and they told me about the website. I saw that someone form SC posted on this thread. Maybe he can confirm/deny what I was told.

And I still can't log into the flashpaq site. When I try to it tells me that my username does not exist. Then when I try to log in as anew user, it sends me to the main SC page, and I can't find a place to log in besides registering my flashpaq again. Don't really know what if any info is available on the site, so its not that big of a deal.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:11 PM
SmittyRN
Professional

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
The unit is a full blown tuner, not a "chip". It will not effect the ability of your MDS unless you choose to disable the function...
I've noticed that it makes my MDS kick on and off when I'm driving at a constant speed. I really noticed it when I was driving across Alligator Alley with my cruise set at about 65; every few seconds, it would kick it off, then back on a few seconds later. No real change in speed, but you feel it just enough to where my head would bob a little bit each time, and of course you can hear it with my exhaust. It started to drive me a bit nuts, because Alligator Ally is about as straight and flat of a drive as you will find. I decided to get used to it, but if I were taking a trip across the midwest I might think about loading the stock settings back in.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:16 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SmittyRN
I've noticed that it makes my MDS kick on and off when I'm driving at a constant speed. I really noticed it when I was driving across Alligator Alley with my cruise set at about 65; every few seconds, it would kick it off, then back on a few seconds later. No real change in speed, but you feel it just enough to where my head would bob a little bit each time, and of course you can hear it with my exhaust. It started to drive me a bit nuts, because Alligator Ally is about as straight and flat of a drive as you will find. I decided to get used to it, but if I were taking a trip across the midwest I might think about loading the stock settings back in.
why dont you disable mds?

Old 03-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SmittyRN
You have a few tuning options with the Flashpaq programmer - more MDS, less MDS, or the same MDS settings as the factory. If you want more MDS, select the 'Mileage XS SAVE' setting because we increase the MDS thresholds for more 4-cylinder driving. This further enhances fuel economy but might lead to slightly more noticeable and/or frequent MDS activity. If you want less MDS, you can turn the technology off completely using your Flashpaq. If you want the same settings as the factory, just select any power level other than SAVE and you'll be operating with the same factory limits (assuming you don’t turn off MDS...).

If you’re noticing MDS during cruising under certain operating conditions (like Alligator Alley), I suspect you’re right at the factory on/off thresholds and should consider either deactivating MDS or switching to the SAVE setting. Either one will move the on/off limits out of the cruising range you’re experiencing. I’d recommend the SAVE setting for those ‘straight and flat drives’ since you’ll be using more 4-cylinder mode to maximize fuel savings. Of course that’s not as fun as the Performance file...

Stay tuned.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:55 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

i was playing with tunes today "thank you hammer for the help" and i noticed nothing with the 91 tune except the shift points . i switched to the tow tune and i deffinatly felt a difference. better thottle response and a 0-60 time 0f 7.3 sec. my question to the superchips guys is why is the tow tune better seems to me the tow tune should be the "performance tune" better throttle response IMO . im running 93 oct and in all i think im sold on the tow tune not the performance. IMO the performance tune is for 4k and up rpms ...now who driver at thoes rpms all the time i want kick *** throttle response and performance witch i get out of the tow tune. the performance just doesent do it for me its to close to stock. i had the diablo for a day then didnt want to drop a tranny so i replaced it with this ...was i wrong?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates