Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 05:59 PM
gt4660
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OhioHemi03
I couldn't agree with you more Alpheus.(After reading a lot of your posts I can't believe I just said that)...I have had my SC for about a week in my 04 QC 4x4 Hemi and have loved it. It makes it feel like a new truck and there is no way I could go back to stock tunes and be happy now. It never fails that in business you hear about 90% of the complaints and only 10% of the happy customers. It's just the nature of the beast.
-Yes I completely made up the percentages

Just be glad there is someone letting you know that there is hope for things being fixed rather than being left completely in the dark. Most companies wouldn't go out of their way to keep you happy after you've bought the product.
Lmao, I concur. After reading all of the negative post by some of the people here I saw the trend. Lots of bitching and moaning. Lots of it is all about me syndrome.

After reading all of this mess I actually bought 2 SC programmers(3865 and 3875). One for the 08 Hemi and one for my 08 Jeep. Very happy with both. Much improved over stock on both.

Great products, I even had an issue with mine and it was resolved in a couple of days.
My .02, since it seems to be the same people beating the dead horse.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:04 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like i said before i dont have problems with sc. i know its a great product and does wonders on my truck!!! when you are told updates are coming in november and nothing is new still its just frustrating...its natural human nature to want more so i dont see a problem in what im saying. oh and you can go to other forums and read its just not the same people. many pages on it....

Old 05-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Alpheus
Banned

There are allot of promises that are broken. It happens. You have never ever broken a promise? And if you had I bet you have a real good excuse for it. There could have been 1 line of code that screwed everything up, who knows what happened. Do you actually think that the SC guys are calling big meetings every week sitting at a table and just brain storming on how they can screw over their customers. Do you actually think they have a perfected program just sitting on a shelf and they are holding it back just for fun? I very much doubt that. Just relax. I can go on and on about some real broken promises. "Read my lips no new taxes" Now that's something to bitch about...

Old 05-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
like i said before i dont have problems with sc. i know its a great product and does wonders on my truck!!! when you are told updates are coming in november and nothing is new still its just frustrating...its natural human nature to want more so i dont see a problem in what im saying. oh and you can go to other forums and read its just not the same people. many pages on it....
I agree, for the most part people don't have any major issues with the product. RH had some problems but they eventually took care of him. The problem lies in the fact that they have continued to tell us new options are coming, just wait a few weeks, months, whatever. Just today Tom posted on another forum (I copied it and put it at the bottom of this post) about the options and said that it would again be a few months. After hearing this same wait some more line for months I don't think that you can blame people to want a company to follow up on their promises. When this amount of time passes (6 months) it makes it seem like SC is just putting these promises out there to try to hold on to the customers they have as long as they can by telling them that the features they want are on their way. Personally, I believe that SC would have been much better off to not say anything at all about new features until they were ready for release. That could have alleviated a lot of upset customers who felt, and still feel, led on by the promises continually put out by SC.

We are working on the following CJD projects, in no particular order:
  • New Cummins engine programming
  • Pin 2 pushing out on the vehicle-side OBD-II connector on CJD products - writing a program that detects this to prevent incomplete programming due to missing connections.
  • Transmission options for Hemi trucks
  • Jeep calibrations for vehicles not in our database
  • 93 Octane tuning for Hemi products
  • Tire sizing for more vehicles
  • New 4.7L
  • New 5.7L
  • SRT 6.1L
  • Hemi throttle body relearn
  • Advanced options including fuel adjust, timing adjust, idle adjust, and fan modes
  • Special projects for performance parts manufacturers seeking our services
  • 2009 MY coverage
  • 2010 MY coverage
  • In house development tools to design next generation products
Some of these should be out in the next few months. Others may never make it to market unless we can get them 100% right. I can't promise you'll see these features in the near future, but they the Dodge team's primary focus. As I have mentioned in the past, our team operates in a triage environment - customer and field issues take priority over continuous improvement. If a field issue crops up, all other development projects are put on hold until the issue is resolved.

Tom Bennett
Division President
Superchips, Inc.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:35 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

man i agree with you teach. i read on dt that the 09s have already been pushed back again. theres a thread about it somewhere.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:40 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

"TOM" quote.... As I have mentioned in the past, our team operates in a triage environment - customer and field issues take priority over continuous improvement. If a field issue crops up, all other development projects are put on hold until the issue is resolved. end of quote....

IN OTHER WORDS stop calling in your problems so you can get your updates

Old 05-21-2009, 07:45 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpheus
I hate to disagree but my tuner does make the holy $h!t difference. I don't know why but the tuner adds more HP and torque to the 03 Hemi than it does to the 04 and up. (See for yourself) http://www.superchips.com/product_re...Dodge&x=44&y=5 Maybe that's why I notice it so much. The tuner does work and it has many functions on it that work great for data logging and monitoring the engine systems as well as an ODB II reader.

I think people are hooking these up and expecting a huge kick in the *** as if they added a NO2 system or forced induction. I'm not trying to kiss any *** here but our Dodges are only a small percent of the vehicles that SC offers products for and it seems like the 3rd genners are doing the biggest percent of the bitchin. Don't put down the company for a couple of people that has had a bad experience. This product isn't made in Indonesia and the profits being sent over seas somewhere. This is one of the few and shrinking American companies that are left around that when you call them you get an actual person that answers the phone. Not a machine or a person in India that has 9 syllables in their name that if you had to pronounce it you would be left with a mouth full of phlegm, telling you his name is Steve. If you don't like it just move on and find one you like. You may be putting REAL highly skilled Americans out of work with all this negativity. This is a very sophisticated piece of electronics with millions of lines of code that has to be interpreted and manipulated to work with these vehicles. The car manufactures have teams of engineers all around the world and takes many,many YEARS to make the programs in today's autos. Ease up abit. Everyone is getting upset because they cant SEE the program on your screen that says PERFORMANCE TUNE when you know damn well there are allot of junk tuners out there that says the right thing on the screen but dosent do a damn thing other than that...

No disrespect just my opinion...

+1 I couldn't agree with you more.Just being an american company makes it worth any wait they may have.I love what it has done for my little 4.7.It may take awhile,but its worth the wait to me

Old 05-21-2009, 10:38 PM
skvmax4

I just got a progermmer for my 5.7 QC and I have it on tow setting , It really woke up the midrange.
So far very happy with it.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:38 AM
ArkHemi
Professional

I've had my 3815 now for about 2 weeks. I finally got a full tank of 93 Octane so I put the 91 performance tune in today and noticed a pretty good difference right away. So far I am very pleased but then again, I'm not waiting on some of the mods that these guys are. Basically all I wanted to do to my truck is exhaust, CAI and a tuner.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Here's an interesting read from Tom on another forum. Thought it would be good to post it on here to keep all of you guys in the loop. I have to say that I like that he is offering to keep us in the loop.

"It's late on the east coast so I apologize in advance if there are any typos in this post...

At this time it is 'out of the question' for the street-legal retail market because the California Air Resources Board (CARB) prohibits us from selling products containing these features. I asked the Dodge team to develop the advanced features as time permits so, if the regulatory climate changes, we can have the technology ready to deploy in a user-friendly manner. I assure you that we would love to deliver these features to our most advanced & passionate customers, but CARB has made it clear to Superchips that such actions violate their clean air standards. Before you say 'I don't live in California' keep in mind that the EPA uses CARB legislation for aftermarket parts so it's a 50-state issue. As CA goes, so goes the USA (kind of scary, but you just witnessed it with the new CAFE standards this week).

I certainly wasn't trying to tease you guys with features you can or can't have. I was merely trying to illustrate the scope of the projects our R&D teams encounter causing timing to change with resource demands. They have very full plates trying to create innovations for a broad list of customers. As I said, "others may never make it to market..." Advanced options may be one of the features left on the cutting room floor. Sorry if my posting caused any confusion or frustration.

On a related note we are making progress on the trans options. I believe we're a few weeks away from 'model year 2007 and up' alpha testing - early field testing. 2006 will follow. '04-05 will after that. Beta comes after alpha and then we'll release an update on the internet. Although Hemi Ram trucks look very similar, the engine & transmission controllers vary significantly every year causing us to literally re-invent the innovations for each model year. I wish it was a matter of 'cut and paste' but its more complicated. Barring and significant field issues related to CJD products, the Dodge team is focused on Hemi feature innovation for past model years.

Regarding performance parts manufacturers, I can't discuss specifics. Think big-displacement high-performance engines and/or forced induction systems. Again, I don't know if these will see 'light of day' due to technology limitations or business agreements but we're in the early development stages with some hard parts manufacturers.

I can't speak to the specific idle issue, but I'll have my CSR team investigate. Send me a PM with your name and contact info and we'll follow up with a trouble ticket.

Finally, I must ask a straightforward question to this forum audience. I'm open minded to any answers you throw my way... Are you guys interested in this advanced insight into the development process at Superchips including all the regulatory and internal resource challenges we face realizing that we sometimes fail to deliver to your expectations in a timely manner? I'm willing to share this future information with my most passionate customers like you even though it's tipping our hand to the competition. But, I ask in return that you give us some slack when we miss your expectations. We never intend to betray your trust. We're working hard to earn it every day, but we're human and we sometimes fall short.

HEMI options is a great example of unmet expectations. We dropped the ball on that project. We conducted the survey to see what to work on, but it turned into a bunch of misinformation and the perception of broken promises. I believe both sides share in the blame, but I could be wrong. The confusion led to frustration and anger... again on both sides. We delayed the project and disappointed our HEMI customers. We'll work harder to get things back on track. I'll continue sharing if you'll give me time to manage the Dodge team so all customers are treated fairly.

Here's a thought provoker: Knowledge is power and 'with great power comes great responsibility.' Therefore, knowledge must be used responsibly. When I share future product knowledge with the HEMI gang I ask that you respect that knowledge and be responsible with the information you're given. Use the knowledge to hold us accountable and help us steer our priorities but give us some understanding when we have to focus on customers without HEMI engines under their hood.

I know your patience is worn but give us a bit more, please. When your patience is wearing thin, PM me or Scott and we'll update you on the progress (we might even throw in some T-shirts, hats, koozies, or banners). I will continue to monitor these forums and use your insights to guide our innovation team.

Keep the postings coming.

Regards,

Tom Bennett
Division President
Superchips, Inc."

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates