Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:31 AM
NoLimitzR1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running Falken tires 275/60/20 tires its like a alllseason and street tire hybrid. Matter of fact dod great in the snow our first and my first for the truck. No complaints even a few Wot to see what the tires were capable of, and to get a feel what they took to break loose

Old 02-04-2012, 03:01 PM
houseoftoes
Professional

I found a U7137 on CL here and the guy is asking $200. I can not find what I need to look for to see it it is locked/unlocked. Is there a way to see this without having him plug it into a vehicle. The story is it was his friends for a jeep. He does not use it and now it is for sale. I am just trying not to get hosed on this one. Any help would be great!!

Old 02-04-2012, 03:38 PM
adventurer
Professional

Originally Posted by houseoftoes
I found a U7137 on CL here and the guy is asking $200. I can not find what I need to look for to see it it is locked/unlocked. Is there a way to see this without having him plug it into a vehicle. The story is it was his friends for a jeep. He does not use it and now it is for sale. I am just trying not to get hosed on this one. Any help would be great!!
you HAVE to plug it on the truck to know if its married(locked) to other vehicle or not. there is another way which is trying to update the tool to the latest crom which is 9r13(that's if its not updated) if its unlocked or un married it will accept the update, if its married (locked) it will ask u to un marry from the vehicle before accepting the update, BUT in both ways u have to have the tool with u.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:03 PM
houseoftoes
Professional

Thanks for the help. He plugged it into his car and I had him check for the latest tune and that is when the screen showed that it was not married. Good news for me.

update.....Plugged it into my truck and got the same message. It is running v9.11 so I need to get a usb/serial cable to update it other than that should be good to go.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:20 AM
adventurer
Professional

Originally Posted by houseoftoes
Thanks for the help. He plugged it into his car and I had him check for the latest tune and that is when the screen showed that it was not married. Good news for me.

update.....Plugged it into my truck and got the same message. It is running v9.11 so I need to get a usb/serial cable to update it other than that should be good to go.
Congratulations , update the tool and enjoy ....

Old 02-09-2012, 09:13 PM
T-Muns
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trans issue after Diablo tune

Just picked up a DSP U7137 since I will eventually need a custom tune. I went out and returned my superchips to stock tune. Plugged in the DSP and it said I needed a calibration update. Downloaded the updated and then went back out and installed the update (took about 10 mins).

Then I installed the 93 performance tune. Gassed it and 1st gear was cool. At 2nd gear, it peaked at 4500 rpms and wouldn't go any higher or shift. What the hell? Any ideas? No CEL and 1st gear had no problems winding up.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:24 AM
adventurer
Professional

Originally Posted by T-Muns
Just picked up a DSP U7137 since I will eventually need a custom tune. I went out and returned my superchips to stock tune. Plugged in the DSP and it said I needed a calibration update. Downloaded the updated and then went back out and installed the update (took about 10 mins).

Then I installed the 93 performance tune. Gassed it and 1st gear was cool. At 2nd gear, it peaked at 4500 rpms and wouldn't go any higher or shift. What the hell? Any ideas? No CEL and 1st gear had no problems winding up.
return the truck to stock (un marry it from the tool ) then update the tool to the latest crom v9r13 via diablo sport downloader after that install the 91 perf. tune and try it

Old 02-10-2012, 09:29 AM
T-Muns
Veteran

Originally Posted by adventurer
return the truck to stock (un marry it from the tool ) then update the tool to the latest crom v9r13 via diablo sport downloader after that install the 91 perf. tune and try it
The tuner already has v9r13 installed. Should I just try going to stock then 91 tune?

Old 02-10-2012, 09:32 AM
adventurer
Professional

Originally Posted by T-Muns
The tuner already has v9r13 installed. Should I just try going to stock then 91 tune?
Yes try that then after installing the 91 tune reset the pcm and try the truck

Old 02-10-2012, 01:15 PM
T-Muns
Veteran

Originally Posted by adventurer
Yes try that then after installing the 91 tune reset the pcm and try the truck
Returned to stock then installed 91 tune and reset pcm - no change. Still stops the throttle at 4500 in second gear.

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews