Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 07:51 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mpk1980
how come you use the 91 tune with 93 octane? why not the 93 tune?
I'll throw my 2 cents in here. Octane rating doesn't matter as long as the engine isn't getting detonation (knock). I often got unacceptable knock running 93 octane on the 93 tune. So would run 93 octane on the 91 tune. It just depends on how good the gas is and not have engine knock. On the hemi when detonation is detected the PCM starts retarding the timing. This will be very apparent at WOT. If you are going to use a turner for max performance I would recommend having gauges to monitor the engine and A/F mixture and not just rely on the knock sensors to protect the engine. Good luck....

Old 10-14-2010, 12:51 AM
mpk1980
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
I'll throw my 2 cents in here. Octane rating doesn't matter as long as the engine isn't getting detonation (knock). I often got unacceptable knock running 93 octane on the 93 tune. So would run 93 octane on the 91 tune. It just depends on how good the gas is and not have engine knock. On the hemi when detonation is detected the PCM starts retarding the timing. This will be very apparent at WOT. If you are going to use a turner for max performance I would recommend having gauges to monitor the engine and A/F mixture and not just rely on the knock sensors to protect the engine. Good luck....
ahh..ok...so...its just a safer bet to run 93 with the 91 tune....unless i want to start data logging and making sure things are knocking and stuff....thanks for the infol

Old 10-14-2010, 02:25 PM
mpk1980

one more question.....how can you tell if the tire calibration took on the predator?? i set it, hit ok or apply or whatever it was.....its said ok...but when i went back into it...it was blank again......is there a way to check it or do i just have to take the tuners word for it?? hehe

Old 10-14-2010, 08:44 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

one more question.....how can you tell if the tire calibration took on the predator?? i set it, hit ok or apply or whatever it was.....its said ok...but when i went back into it...it was blank again......is there a way to check it or do i just have to take the tuners word for it?? hehe
It should show the last setting when you go back to look at it. Make sure you save your settings. I'm not a fan of DSP and my complaint was whenever I used the "Quick Tune" feature the truck would have a ABS warning light come on. Diablo was unable to assist me with this problem and I would have to take it to the dealer and have it reset. Now the dealer says they can't do a update on my PCM because it is locked. Diablo of course says they are not responsible. Dealer says the PCM is locked. I'm stuck in the middle. Plus the DSP cannot adjust the rev limiter or speed restricter on a 03. So I have a DSP that throws warning lights, which I won't load again and a SC3865 I can't load because of a locked PCM. It is not always as easy as advertised. Good luck...

Old 10-15-2010, 08:50 AM
mpk1980
Default tire calibration predator

ok....i just went ahead and re-installed the 87 tune, but this time i did "modify performance tune" and went ahead and did MDS off...which i dont think 2005 has MDS anyways...but wont hurt...and then i changed the tire size in that menu, and then installed the tune. I dont know what it said before cause i didnt check, but when i go to the "check last written tune" it says "87 perf tune modfied" or something like that and it says "perf transmission tune +quick adjust" which im guessing means that it has the tire calibration in it. I messed around some more and it still says "not set" in all the parameters for the calibration so either its just not taking it or...there is no way to really tell except for the "perf transmission tune +quick adjust"

Old 10-15-2010, 08:47 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

i haven't fooled with the DSP for a while but what I remember is there are two ways to adjust tire size. 1. Quick tune. 2. Pick your tune and then modify the tune which includes tire size. When finish adjusting your parameters, make sur you save the tune. Maybe someone currently running a DSP will pitch in?

Old 10-18-2010, 09:57 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Any of you guys ever have any issues downloading the original backup file or last tune written file? I need to pull them off the dsp so I can send them in to my tuner to get a custom tune written and everytime I try I get a "FAILED to download" message. Just need to know what to do to fix this so I can get the files sent off after I get home from work this afternoon

Old 10-18-2010, 10:00 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

ok....i just went ahead and re-installed the 87 tune, but this time i did "modify performance tune" and went ahead and did MDS off...which i dont think 2005 has MDS anyways...but wont hurt...and then i changed the tire size in that menu, and then installed the tune. I dont know what it said before cause i didnt check, but when i go to the "check last written tune" it says "87 perf tune modfied" or something like that and it says "perf transmission tune +quick adjust" which im guessing means that it has the tire calibration in it. I messed around some more and it still says "not set" in all the parameters for the calibration so either its just not taking it or...there is no way to really tell except for the "perf transmission tune +quick adjust"
When you did the tire adjustment did the truck "ding" at you after you set it and hit ok? The tire size should have been under the engine file too not the transmission file, did you make any adjustments to the trans?

Old 10-18-2010, 10:25 PM
glass3222
Captain

Originally Posted by truckin151
Any of you guys ever have any issues downloading the original backup file or last tune written file? I need to pull them off the dsp so I can send them in to my tuner to get a custom tune written and everytime I try I get a "FAILED to download" message. Just need to know what to do to fix this so I can get the files sent off after I get home from work this afternoon
I have never had this problem....did you get it figured out?

Old 10-19-2010, 04:33 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Ive never had that issue either. What version of DSdownloader are you using?

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews