Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 02:07 AM
AK2500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no luck

I used the links and downloaded the drivers, then went to the trouble shooting area and did eveything that it said to do for a computer running windows vista and the computer and the DS Downloader still do not recognise that it is connected to the computer. All it says is no devise found when I conect with the included cord and run the downloader program. I am going to have to call Diablo as soon as I get a chance during business hours. I can see the possibilities with this tuner but not impressed wit the execution of the functions so far. I really do not want to try adjusting other peramiters until I have the stock tune stored off of the tuner just in case I need to start over at some point. Any advise to get this thing to communicate would be great.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:22 AM
crhemi
Default I had the same problem

Call tech support and they should give you a patch to to download.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:54 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by AK2500
I used the links and downloaded the drivers, then went to the trouble shooting area and did eveything that it said to do for a computer running windows vista and the computer and the DS Downloader still do not recognise that it is connected to the computer. All it says is no devise found when I conect with the included cord and run the downloader program. I am going to have to call Diablo as soon as I get a chance during business hours. I can see the possibilities with this tuner but not impressed wit the execution of the functions so far. I really do not want to try adjusting other peramiters until I have the stock tune stored off of the tuner just in case I need to start over at some point. Any advise to get this thing to communicate would be great.
I had the same problem when I first tried to update my programmer. I was using a USB cable from radio shaq though, not one from diablo. Anyway what ended up needing to happen was the device driver for the usb cable needed to be installed without it being connected to the diablo tuner. After I did that it read everything just fine. I wonder if that is what needs to happen with the cable you have

Old 10-17-2009, 05:18 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

THis is a very LONG post, so I did not read it all. BUt over in the 4th GEN section a member found someone that sold him a tune for the Diablo that eliminted TM. I would imagine he could so the same for the 3rd GEN, that is if you are willing to risk your drive train.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...lo-review.html

Old 10-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
THis is a very LONG post, so I did not read it all. BUt over in the 4th GEN section a member found someone that sold him a tune for the Diablo that eliminted TM. I would imagine he could so the same for the 3rd GEN, that is if you are willing to risk your drive train.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...lo-review.html
Interesting read. I wonder if that is possible for the 3rd gens? $75 for a custom tune is really the cheapest that I have seen.

Old 10-18-2009, 02:33 PM
motorhead426
All Star

Originally Posted by lxman1
I always update to the latest issue. Ya never know what goodies are hidden in them
I've read of Ram guys and LX guys having issues with upgrading to certain CROM files. But its not a regular thing that happens. I figure that until they come out with major upgrades, why fix something if its not broken. So just my $.02, but be weary of certain upgrades if your truck runs good as it is.

Old 10-18-2009, 02:41 PM
motorhead426
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Interesting read. I wonder if that is possible for the 3rd gens? $75 for a custom tune is really the cheapest that I have seen.
Wait a minute! 42 pages and you guys are just hearing about Mike Wilson? You guys need to spend more time on the DiabloSport Forums. I got a tune from Mike about 2 weeks ago. He's very fast. I personally didn't notice much from the new tune, because I'm still getting used to my new exhaust (which really woke the truck up). I still need him to try and get my EGR code turned off. He sent one file to me already, and it didn't help, so hopefully this week he'll get it sorted out. His price of $75 for NA motors is very reasonable. Especially if your having driveability issues. I'm also waiting for a tune that will turn the rear O2's off, because a week after I installed my highflow cats, I got a cat eff. code (P0420). I cleared it and it hasn't come back on.

Anyway, Mike is someone worth trying for a custom tune.

Old 10-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by motorhead426
Wait a minute! 42 pages and you guys are just hearing about Mike Wilson? You guys need to spend more time on the DiabloSport Forums. I got a tune from Mike about 2 weeks ago. He's very fast. I personally didn't notice much from the new tune, because I'm still getting used to my new exhaust (which really woke the truck up). I still need him to try and get my EGR code turned off. He sent one file to me already, and it didn't help, so hopefully this week he'll get it sorted out. His price of $75 for NA motors is very reasonable. Especially if your having driveability issues. I'm also waiting for a tune that will turn the rear O2's off, because a week after I installed my highflow cats, I got a cat eff. code (P0420). I cleared it and it hasn't come back on.

Anyway, Mike is someone worth trying for a custom tune.
Can you send him data log files, A/F ratios, stuff like that and have him write a custom tune or does he just do things like remove TM or turn off o2 sensors? If he is doing full custom performance tunes he is the best deal around.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:29 AM
motorhead426
All Star

I just emailed him and asked if he could get some more power from my DSP. I asked what all he needed from me and he responded fast with a list of fields to fill out. So you give him the list of mods you have, vehicle specifics, your stock file and your current file, along with a data log. Then he emails the new file to you so you can install it. Pretty simple... which reminds me, I need to contact him today...

Old 10-19-2009, 09:33 AM
motorhead426
All Star

sorry, this might help...

Mike Wilson:

mike.wilson@fleettuning.com

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews