3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

This is my last Ram, never again

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

p.s. I got a free 1990 Camry from a friend because the tranny died. The car had 292k miles and the owner said, "It's all original. These things last forever". So I replaced the tranny and looked up the car's records at the local Toy****a dealer since it was sold new here and had spent its life here. It was on its second engine and my tranny made #3. That's just what was done at the dealer. This is the self-delusion that Toy****a fanboys have. No matter what happens, "its the best". Just don't come to a Dodge forum and expect to be unchallenged when shooting more manure than a sick steer. Toy****a fanboys can blow smoke up each others @$$ all day long and get applauded. That won't stand unchallenged here. Especially by me, a former Toy****a tech.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:59 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

The first customer to pay for JD Power to the highest bidder in the late 60's and received startup funding from said company was? Toy****a. And because a bunch of people are religiously enslaved to a car company and willingly pay more for it, does that make them any less stupid? Lastly, see how you totally deflected from how bad Toy****a engineering is and how many times they have made garbage cars and trucks and fell back on the fanboy talking points? You could not have demonstrated or proved what I have written is right any better. Thanks, big fella.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:02 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

p.p.s. Toy****a is what all of us mechanics at the Toy****a dealer called the crap we were working on and when we made fun of the idiots who payed 25-30% higher prices for their crap and crowed about Toy****a quality while sitting in our lobby waiting for their quality crap to be repaired again. Nice run-on sentence, huh?

Old 11-27-2012, 04:32 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Again, I ask why you deflect from them being the most recalled company in history. I don't care what you think. Did you know the Camry was still the "most dependable" sedan by JD Powers during the pw/pdl recalls and deaths? And that is because of people like you. People like you have made Toyota into their god. They, frankly, lie with the encouragement of JD Powers and it has become a self-perpetuating myth. Do what you want. I don't care. But as I said, don't expect a fanboys response on a Dodge forum, especially with people like me who know the truth.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:43 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 1995 Camry with 100k on it once. The transmission exploded.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:59 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

You are simply clueless. That is the SINGLE largest recalls, not total recalls. And that is such old information. I don't care. Please keep buying Toy****as. I hope you do buy a Tundra or Tacoma. You deserve what you get.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran

i just love the fact i have an actual frame under my seat...not toothpicks

Old 11-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran

oh and Twink, my dad had like a 93 chrysler new yorker, no one raved about that car...ever. he had 389k miles on the darn thing. replaced the plugs two times(both times the plugs came out they looked brand new) and tie rods once through the whole life of the car(bought it new) the only reason he got rid of it? we moved up north where we get 7+ feet of snow per year, so he got a 4x4. i bet that thing is still on the road. so your t100 is great, good for you, thats 1 out of how many they made....just like the new yorker, that was one really really good one out of how many? you can make mileage and reliability cases for every vehicle because some of them actually have good luck and semi-knowledgeable owners who do basic mainentance. just because one dodge truck you own has issues doesnt mean they all do.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:50 AM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't believe you guys are allowing a troll to rile you up..

Old 11-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by drewactual
I can't believe you guys are allowing a troll to rile you up..

I agree with you Drew. I seriously doubt Twinkie has a Ram or any other vehicle. When you have someone disagree with you when you present them facts, and all they come back with is It's still a piece of s--t just because it is, lets me know something is up with the guy immediately. I guess the only hope we have is for Hostess to truly go out of business and take this Twinkie cup cake with them