3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

This is my last Ram, never again

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 05:26 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinkie
I'm sure you will, after sinking several thousand dollars into parts and labor.
Maybe and maybe not. Contrary to belief, many rides out there do get very high mileage with very little maintenance.

But even if someone does have to replace both the transmission and engine, that's still far less than a new $30k+ ride. Guys like me who rebuild their own and keep spare blocks or cores in the shop even minimize our down time to a single weekend.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect user name. Tell that to my all original 98 Ram 1500 with 171k hard earned miles. Just go buy a Toyota and learn what a real piece of crap is. That's a real-life troll there.

p.s. Read my sig-that's you Twinkster.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:12 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Keep it nice and polite. Everyone has opinions and it's the holidays.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:14 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think americans are just used to taking it up the @ss when it comes to consumer goods. We don't even realize when we're getting screwed over anymore. We're the Walmart generation.

American cars are not build to last. Nothing this country makes is built to last. At least, nothing that has been made in the past 20 years. That's why America is the largest importer in the world. If we're forced to buy junk, we might as well pay less for that junk and by it from the asians. Rather than let some crappy american company jack up the prices, treat their consumers like **** and screw us over.

Oh, by the way, my 1995 toyota t-100 with 255,000 miles on it still runs like a champ, 4 wheel drive, engine and tranny are all original. My 2008 Ram 1500 Hemi has been in and out of the shop at least 2 dozen times to replace all the junk parts on it.
Hope you've been enjoying the holidays!

Old 11-27-2012, 01:24 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Ive seen several with close to or just over 200K

CTDs get WAY over that easily.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:32 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I know for a fact that my old '98 Grand Cherokee, 4.0 I6 has just shy of 300k miles on it. I know the current owner. Although on the flip side, the 4.7 HO in my most recent Grand Cherokee drop a valve seat and imploded with only 102k on the clock.

FWIW, I have a good buddy who bought an '09 Yota Tundra who had the cam shaft literally break apart with around 11k miles on the engine. They ain't what they used to be either...

Old 11-27-2012, 10:04 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Hey, Toy****a Twinkster, how about the 19 million recalled Toyotas in the last 3 years? How about the Feds fining them for knowingly denying warranty claims and charging their boot-licking fanboys for the following and forcing them to recall: faulty oil pumps 02-08 2.0L and 2.5L resulting in engine failure; 02-05 2.0L faulty water pump resulting in engine failure(both of these added up to 5-6 million units-keep swallowing, it gets better); 08-10 Tacoma/Tundra leaf spring shackle failure resulting in lost axles at highway speeds and frame rust resulting in trucks breaking in half at only 3 years of service-750,000 units. How about the 88-91 power window/power door lock relay fires-I was a Toyota tech then, more than 30 people killed because the windows and doors could not be unlocked or opened once the relay caught fire under the dash. So, you show your total lack of automotive knowledge spewing that Toy****a ****-gobbling garbage.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:10 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

p.s. You want to be stroked for your Toys h i t a love and be around people as automotively as ignorant as you? Go to a Toys h i t a fanboy website since you and they share the same lack of knowledge and have only a religiously blind and fervent love for the MOST RECALLED COMPANY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. And I think you are a liar and haven't had 1/10 the problems you claim to have(if you own a Dodge at all) for the following: Lemon Law. All states got 'em and you still have the truck(purportedly). But them there "quality" Toyoters shur got them a soft dash, now don't they?

Old 11-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Even if I do have to spend some money on it, I'm still glad I'm not driving a ricer, and you talk just like the typical ricer, whose car or truck is perfect in every way, and never has ANY trouble out of it,is the fastest thing on four wheels, but in the end, it's still just a ricer Toyota, and you're just the typical, could care less about America ricer IMHO

Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

The most Federally forced recalled company in the world is Dodge? No. Chrysler? No. Plymouth? No. Jeep? No. Eagle(bad as the Renault cars were)? No? Hell, DeSoto? No. Fargo? No. Let's dig deeper; Ford? No. GM? No. Let's expand; Nissan? No. Suzuki? No. Mitsubishi? No. Subaru? No. FIAT? No. Rover? No. Renault? No. Citroen? No. Saab? No. Volvo? No. Yugo? No. The most recalled company in the history of the world is(drum roll, please) T O Y S H I T A. Now, with over 170k miles, my Ram is all original and still working its @$$ off-well, except for the a/c and ABS/speed sensor, I'll give you that. Now, let's logically look at your previous extrapolation: Toy****a=best because 1 truck from a line of trucks that sold poorly and lasted even less is a good one. Yeah, I think even you can see how ridiculous your contention is.