3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2wd lift spindles...what next..?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Brandon Anderson
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bgbluram2
I hope to order them this month sometime if I can. I hope that they are really making a redesign on the spindle so that it is a direct fit for the 06+ trucks and that they aren't just bs'ing us.
Exact same boat I'm In. Crossing my fingers.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:31 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star
Question

So I saw someone link to Fat Bob's Garage, and now I'm thinking 3" spindles once the kinks are worked out, and then 2" spacer and front shocks and probably an add-a-leaf in the rear...sound like I'm on the right track? Seems like that would put me +2" in the rear and still leveled up front? Any input is appreciated.

Last edited by Brandon Anderson; 03-16-2011 at 03:57 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 03-16-2011, 03:38 AM
BigTXRam
Professional

Brandon A. I did the the 2in spacers from Fat Bobs and procomp es9000s in the front and nothing to the rear and the front is still just shy of 3/4 in lower.

Matt, keep us updated when ya'll get it all worked out. Cause if it will work then I will eventually get them....once they got all the kinks worked out. Only problem REAL problem other then money I'm facing is the garage I park in for work, if I got an higher I wont be able to park in. Which doesnt break my heart too much, but I'd really rather not have to pay to park on the street.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:42 AM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by bgbluram2
I hope to order them this month sometime if I can. I hope that they are really making a redesign on the spindle so that it is a direct fit for the 06+ trucks and that they aren't just bs'ing us.
Me too man.

Last post ^^^ I have a 2.5 in level and a 1.25 block in the back and it's exactly 1" taller in the back letting me know the rear is 2.75" taller than the front (if the spacer lifts a true 2.5)

Old 03-16-2011, 04:08 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star
Question

Originally Posted by Matt99
Me too man.

Last post ^^^ I have a 2.5 in level and a 1.25 block in the back and it's exactly 1" taller in the back letting me know the rear is 2.75" taller than the front (if the spacer lifts a true 2.5)
I saw these lift blocks at Fat Bob's Garage, and I would rather use blocks than add-a-leaf, but the only blocks on the site state they are for 4x4. Is it confirmed that these will not fit on the 4x2 RAMs? If I can get the rear up 2" and the front up 5" with spindles, spacers and shocks, I should be sitting near-level front-to-back. 5" in the front will likely require brake lines though...any recommendations there?

Old 03-16-2011, 05:10 AM
Matt99
Champion

the blocks on 4x4 are the same as 2wd. no difference there

My brake lines are taunt with the 2.5" level. now with the spindles you would need a bit longer lines, and it just so happens that the bend in the connection of the lines to the caliper is made to where if the right and left lines are switched, it gives you about 3 inches longer. So thats your free fix

Old 03-16-2011, 05:32 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Originally Posted by Matt99
the blocks on 4x4 are the same as 2wd. no difference there

My brake lines are taunt with the 2.5" level. now with the spindles you would need a bit longer lines, and it just so happens that the bend in the connection of the lines to the caliper is made to where if the right and left lines are switched, it gives you about 3 inches longer. So thats your free fix
I figured the 4x2 and 4x4 rear suspension was about the same. Good to know.
So with the spindles and spacers, the line switch still works out? Awesome information.
Thanks a lot Matt, you're like a fountain of great info here By the middle of next month, I should be lifted right where I want to be!

Old 03-16-2011, 12:00 PM
BigTXRam
Professional

make sure to take lots of pics and post em!!

Old 03-16-2011, 12:44 PM
bgbluram2
All Star

Originally Posted by Brandon Anderson
So I saw someone link to Fat Bob's Garage, and now I'm thinking 3" spindles once the kinks are worked out, and then 2" spacer and front shocks and probably an add-a-leaf in the rear...sound like I'm on the right track? Seems like that would put me +2" in the rear and still leveled up front? Any input is appreciated.
Yeah I wouldn't recommend an add-a-leaf unless you tow a lot because it will make the back of the truck very stiff. I will just be using a 1" or 2" block. Blocks aren't a bad choice unless they are like a 5-6" block, that's when they get dangerous.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Matt99
Champion

dont forget about using 2nd gen drop shackles to lift the rear of our trucks 1.5-2in for $50

Quick Reply: 2wd lift spindles...what next..?