3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

please, help me choose some wheels!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 02:28 PM
suzuki750
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please, help me choose some wheels!!

please, help me choose some wheels!!-001.jpg

please, help me choose some wheels!!-002.jpgtossin around the idea of some new wheels lately, but just can't decide what would look best. I'm thinkin black wheels, but can't decide if i should go all black wheels or black with chrome/silver accents. Would like to totally black out the truck, but that would be a lot of work and $$. Was thinkin about these wheels and think they would look goodhttp://www.jegs.com/i/Mickey+Thompson/672/1129481/10002/-1

What do u guys think, any others u could recommend that would look good on my truck?

Old 07-30-2011, 02:48 PM
suzuki750
Rookie

sorry the link i posted didn't work. Anyways the 2 i'm lookin at are the dick cepek dc-2 and kmc rockstar black. I think the black rockstars would look sick on my truck, but would it look weird with the little amount of chrome i have

Old 07-31-2011, 12:34 AM
hemihawkeye

not sure i'll be much help, but i guess i'll be the first to say it. rockstars are pretty played out. i live in a pretty small town and probably see 1 to 2 new trucks a day with them. don't get me wrong they are obviuosly a nice lookin rim, but it seems like they're everywhere. plus i would never tell someone not to get something if they like it. especially since rims and tires are such a personal preference. as far as the dc 2's i have a friend who has them and once he got them put on he hated the way they look. sorry if it feels like im bashing your 2 choices. not trying to, but like i said it's TOTALLY personal preference. whatever you feel go with it. i looked for a year before i finally pulled the trigger on wheels and tires. its a lot of money to spend if you're not sure... on a more positive note i think the rockstars would look fine with the little amount of chrome that you have. they do look sweet on black trucks.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:46 AM
BigTXRam
Professional

Agreed on the rockstars HemiHawk but I got the DC2's and I freaking love them...I dont know what your friend was thinking. They were cheap and look great... and freaking easy to clean.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:40 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, every 16 year old around here with a mommy who has a credit card has Rockstars.

The DC2s along with most Mickey Thompson wheels are generally considered about the strongest aluminum wheel in strength to weight ratio out there, and none of them are expensive at all compared to all the "bling" wheels on the market...

Old 07-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Cannibal_D

I have the XD monsters which I love, XD makes other nice rims.How about Ballistic? or BMF? and RBP? to name a few.http://www.pacwheel.com/wheels.php?v...0&q=90...these have the same look as rockstars.

Last edited by Cannibal_D; 07-31-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:21 PM
hemihawkeye

Originally Posted by BigTXRam
Agreed on the rockstars HemiHawk but I got the DC2's and I freaking love them...I dont know what your friend was thinking. They were cheap and look great... and freaking easy to clean.
glad you like them. sounds like they are great rims for ya. not trying to bash anyones choice of rims. everyone has their own taste.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:31 AM
BigTXRam
Professional

Originally Posted by hemihawkeye
glad you like them. sounds like they are great rims for ya. not trying to bash anyones choice of rims. everyone has their own taste.
I know, sorry if I came off defensive.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:45 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a set of SRT10 rims. I seen them on a 2007 Durango and they looked bad ***.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:54 PM
hiusmell
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my two favorites for black rims are. what I have http://image.fourwheeler.com/f/16449...rque_wheel.jpg
and my others is fuel hostage http://www.customwheelsdirect.com/ht...stage_Machined I like them in full black but you said maybe a little silver. I don't think I've seen anyone on here with either one of those. Except me of course.
I also like the rockstars but as hammer said too many people have them

Quick Reply: please, help me choose some wheels!!