3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Id like to lift my truck a little more... need advise

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:14 AM
vikingdiesel
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Id like to lift my truck a little more... need advise

My current setup is the 2" Bilstein 5100 leveling shock and those rear monroe shocks that raises the truck 1.5". I know the 06+ have the IFS and when you go above 2", there issues. I dont necessarily need a 6" lift, id actually be fine with another 2", so a total of 4" in the front or maybe 4.5" and ill just put a 2" block in the rear. a few questions:

1. Can i use a 2 or 2.5" spacer on top of my 2" leveling shock?
2. I found this "completer" package from HBS, is this what i need in order run higher than 2" and not have that issue everyone is talking about?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Ram-2-5-Leveling-Lift-Kit-Completer-Package-/110843369937?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Make%3ADodge|Model%3ARam+1500&hash=item19cec 799d1&vxp=mtr

Old 03-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Arctodus
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta say Viking, I have always liked the profile of your truck, I think it looks perfect. I personally would not put one lift on top of another. I have the HBS with the completer kit although I tried to use the sway bar extension brackets and found that not using it was better. I did use the disconnects and new bushings though.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:42 AM
vikingdiesel
Veteran

I getting rid of the wheels since I cant deal with the wobble from the spacers, I bought a nice set of Moto Metal 951's with 35.5" tires (used), even though my intention is to not use those 35.5" tires but instead just use my current 33.5" tires, im so tempted to put them on but I wouldnt mind another 2" in the front, what do you think I should do? So you have that complete package that I posted a link and the 2.5" lift, right? How is it? Any wobble?

Old 03-22-2012, 07:17 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You can't "stack" level kits, you think you have wobble now??? The only ways to go higher would be to remove what you have and buy a proper suspension lift kit OR keep what you have now and add a body lift.

BTW: who advised you NOT to get those wheel spacers? Hmmm... LOL...

Old 03-22-2012, 09:26 AM
vikingdiesel
Veteran

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
You can't "stack" level kits, you think you have wobble now??? The only ways to go higher would be to remove what you have and buy a proper suspension lift kit OR keep what you have now and add a body lift.

BTW: who advised you NOT to get those wheel spacers? Hmmm... LOL...
lol... I know.... I cant believe a proper lift kit is so expensive for these trucks, over $1k that I dont want to spend, unless I can get a good deal on a slightly used kit. So..... whats the completer kit all about? Up to 2.5" lift? So pretty much add .5", which isnt really worth it? So another words, I either have to stay with what I have or get one of these:

http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/G...view=256694621

Old 03-22-2012, 02:05 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

No, you can leave in what you have now and add 3" of body lift for around $400 (assuming you install it).

The reason why suspension lifts are so high on IFS trucks compared to SFA trucks is because there is no solid axle to build off of, so it requires a sub-frame (in better more expensive kits) or a crossmember (in cheaper kits) to build off of.

More parts = more cost...

Old 03-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Rio94gt
Professional

Hmmmm. I didn't even know HBS offered a "completer kit". I have a 2" kit from HBS but I'm ditching it for a set of Bilstein 5100s. Wonder if I should get that kit anyways.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Arctodus
Captain

There is no wobble with the completer kit, but there wouldn't be wobble without it either. It just offers stronger component parts for the sway bar that's it. When it comes to your suspension Viking, don't cheap out, its like buying a pair of shoes at payless that you plan on running a marathon in. You wouldn't do that to yourself, so why do it to your truck?

Old 03-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Rio94gt
Professional

From what I can see I think that kit only covers SFA trucks and torsion bar trucks. No IFS so that's out for me.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Arctodus
Captain

Torsion bars are IFS.

Quick Reply: Id like to lift my truck a little more... need advise