3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

totaled, pics coming

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool totaled, pics coming

well my time here is coming to an end. it was nice talking to everyone. good luck with your trucks. im getting something cheap and good on gas till i find the right truck again adn it will be a dodge but most likely a cummins

Old 01-16-2013, 01:12 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well you could at least tell us what happened?!

Too bad though, you're truck was nice

Old 01-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well I am assuming from your post that you are okay, and that's all that matters.

Now tell the story!

Old 01-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Izero
well I am assuming from your post that you are okay, and that's all that matters.

Now tell the story!
What he said!

Hope everyone involved was uninjured and everything works out alright in your favor, whatever happened...

Old 01-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Jareski
Veteran

Damn. Hope everything works out!

It must be a real downer to write off something that you put so much work into. I hope I never have to do that.

Now we need details!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran

yeah idk why i didnt write what happened haha. well here it is. i took my gf's car to work that day b/c i was low on gas and she gets like 30 mpg and didnt have to work. so i get to work and i just get done eating lunch and get a call from her crying and the truck horns going off and the door bells. all i really got was i was hit. so i leave work, get to the scene and i see a jeep liberty absolutely smashed to sh*t and im like "oh no thats not good". see her on the stretcher but shes ok just a precaution. look at the truck and the whole front right side is sitting on the ground. the tire is almost under the passenger door. the lady with the jeep ran a red light and didnt even slow down and smashed right inot her. there was a witness to the whole thing so insurance isnt coming outta my pocket thank God. so it pretty much sucks, but theyre giving me more than i owe on the truck so im not too bummed. my girls jaw is still really sore and she got two cracked back molars from the ordeal but overall shes ok. i guess the lady is ok too, but i havent seen/heard anything from her. i'll keep u up to date on what i get even though it'll be a beater and i gotta figure out how to upload pics again haha. cant wait to find a 2nd gen 24v cummins!!!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran

looks way better than it did. the tow truck couldnt get to any other part of the truck but the right front tire so they actually pulled it up from under the truck while putting it on the flatbed. it was sitting at a 30 degree angle on a snowbank facing the opposite lane of traffic.

2011 jeep liberty the lady ran the red light with....who do u think won this battle? HEMI all the way. all i can say is im glad i was driving her monte carlo that day, im not sure if she wouldve been so lucky to just be really sore after getting hit like this. i loved that truck and im glad it held up so well getting hit at 55 mph while going around 45-50.

Attached Thumbnails totaled, pics coming-truckwrecked_zps87472513.jpg  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran

oh and by the way, the truck was still running after the collision...BEAST MODE. she said the first thing she did was think about turning it off so it didnt overheat what a smart lil girl!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 PM
hemi4109
Veteran

Well glad she's more or less ok. Looks like your wheel took most of the hit so there's a lot of parts/linkage to absorb the force. A few teeth aren't bad all considering. I had a Ford focus try to park under my truck once and the amount of damage on a truck compared to a car is mind boggling.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:31 PM
ilducecorvo88
Professional

Glad your g/f's okay, brother! My sister got hit by a drunk teenager who ran a red light, her back hasn't been the same since...she hurts every day. Hope you get the truck you want!

Last edited by ilducecorvo88; 01-17-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Quick Reply: totaled, pics coming