3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sirius still working after trial has expired.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 01:23 AM
THUNDERROAD06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius still working after trial has expired.

My 06 Ram cam from the factory with the 1 year trial subscription to Sirius. From listening to it on and off during the trial I found that I did not care too much for it and preferred XM because that’s what I have had for close to 4 years in our other cars. A year after the trial was started I got a letter in the mail from Sirius stating that my trial period was almost up and that to keep listening I would have to subscribe. Since I did not want the service I did not choose to purchase a subscription. Now the trial period has been expired for almost a year and the truck is still getting all the channels. I have put very little miles on it since I purchased it and the odometer reads 3542 miles. The truck has sat in the garage for weeks on end at some times and I believe that this may have something to do with it. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:48 AM
cpukramer
Captain
Default RE: Sirius still working after trial has expired.

I have been through tons of Sirius radios and they usually work for quite a while after the subscription expires. I upgraded to a new unit almost two years ago and the old one that I have still works. Although I think I've only turned it on a handful of times. I know that once the unit with the expired subscription is on for awhile and has a lot of time to communicate with the satellites it will eventually turn off. In the mean time just enjoy it! Why did you dislike Sirius by the way? ... I have had both Sirus and XM and I have to say that I prefer Sirius leaps and bounds ahead of XM as far a music goes. I am a classic rock / hair metal fan. Although I will say that I do miss the MLB. Oh well .. that's why they have two!

Old 07-05-2007, 11:20 AM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was about to say the same thing, I had one running for 5 months unti I switched to XM. It might still work, haven't checked.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:43 PM
cpukramer
Captain

not to change the subject but what kind of head unit do you have? ... I have been looking in to upgrading mine and I am jut afraid that if I go aftermarket then it will look bad. I really like the look of the stock deck. I don't know ... does it sound much better?

Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 PM
moparmuscle69

My Sirius should of expired about 6 months ago and it is also still working. I have not recieved anything in the mail so I am happy. If I ever get anything I will happily renew it as I believe it is the best. It is way better than XM. My favorite thing is sports and Sirius dominates sports. Although XM claims to have more games than Sirius it is somewhat untrue.It really is only due to circumstances since XM carries all the MLB games and well there are 162 games for each team. Sirius carries almost all the football games, college and pro, and basketball and everything else sports wise. While traveling accross the country this year in the middle of nowhere I only had XM and I was unfortunate because the SuperBowl was on and I could not get reception to listen to it at all on any station. I had to listen to espn radio doing updates of the game on XM, boy was that depressing. If I had my Sirius I would of listened to it all and would I would not of had that road rage incident.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:16 AM
cpukramer
Captain

I agree with your comments on the sports side, I definitly think that Sirius has more sports (not neccesarily more games) although I would gladly pay double if they would add baseball to Sirius!

Old 07-06-2007, 05:08 PM
THUNDERROAD06

My problem with it wasnt the sports or any of the talkchannelswhat so ever.I only listen to music channels and i did prefer the songs that were played on Sirius but the sound quality was just too bad for me to enjoy it. It actually frustrated me at times.Whereas with XM the songs that they played were maybenot as good but it sounded much better to me.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed a Pioneer BT9800 head unit with four 6" SX65 Boston Accoustic speakers. No amps, no Subs. I bought it all from Crutchfield yah---I know I paid more up front----but the insert fills out the factory space perfectly, and all the right plug adapters were there--y7atta, yatta yatta--and the sound is night and day difference better. In fact, I will be finishing it this weekend because I installed it on the 4th. I haven't figured out all the internals setups yet, but up front, I know I can listen to any genre of music going down the highway at 70 mph with the windows down, and it sounds great!! With the windows up---intensly better!!!

Old 07-07-2007, 09:54 AM
damquick1
Veteran

XM & SIRIUS are merging anyway so soon it will not matter

Old 07-07-2007, 03:30 PM
cpukramer
Captain

Nice I was looking at that headunit ... I have nothing against Crutchfield especially because their mounting kits are so good. That is the one thing I am afraid about is getting a DIN size radio but then the install kit makes it look terrible. I dunno I am still bouncing between a 4-channel amp and the factory headunit or just upgrading the headunit.

Quick Reply: Sirius still working after trial has expired.