3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Why should I get the Dodge?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 03:51 PM
2005cobrakiller
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why should I get the Dodge?

ask urself this...suppose one day your in your chevy or ford ( or maybe even toyota if you suck that bad)..... all the sudden a raped aped grey ram pulls up to you and challenges you he toys with you at first.....then smokes you and throws a fullsize large pizza on your windshield....sucks huh? buy a dodge and maybe ill eat a salad that day......later ~Mike

Old 02-08-2008, 04:49 PM
josh213corbs
Professional

Just me, but judging from the list of uses he could care less to race some dude who has a hot head on the road. Just a thought.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Zack1978
Professional

ORIGINAL: josh213corbs

Just me, but judging from the list of uses he could care less to race some dude who has a hot head on the road. Just a thought.
Yup, a truck is for work not going crazy fast! I have a 2000 Celica GT-S 6spd for the fun speed factor ( I know it's a chick car, but I like it!)

Zack

Old 02-08-2008, 05:43 PM
chongo
Veteran

I havent read all the posts - but I will add my thoughts - toyotas are good trucks, I have driven the new tacomas and tundras - they are nice trucks, the tundras have some power - but they (tundras) are ugly IMHO. I don't think you could go wrong with either, obviously I prefer my Dodge and I think you could get a Dodge cheaper than a tundra - dealers are holding pretty tight to MSRP around here.

and 2005cobrakiller - I am sure you convinced him to get a dodge afteryour dumbass comment.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:54 PM
RAM0447
Professional

I will never buy anything foreign. First car was a honda accord, good gas mileage, but I hate foriegn made cars. Be American, buy American. American made vehicles aren't the same **** like they were in the 80's 90's w.e. The dodge ram actually looks like a truck.....THE TUNDRA LOOKS LIKE IT WAS DESGINED BY A 5th GRADER WITH DOWN SYNDROME. I'm into appearance and of course a strong motor. I only have the 4.7 but it does the trick for me. Anyway, how much weight can our tail gates handle?? Anyone know? I was curious about that

Old 02-08-2008, 06:23 PM
JayH2112
Veteran

ORIGINAL: JD1500

I agree with pirata, your on a fanboy website, so that is what your gonna get.

Why do you need the 2500?

Jayh2112...Not being rude, but if you wanna pull the made in the USA card, more tundra's are made here in the states than Ram's
What I meant by foreign made was foreign owned. I have no problem with Toyota in the car market. But they should stay there.

I am NOT a Dodge fanyboy, in fact I have always been a Ford truck guy. But when it comes down to the Tundra vs the Ram, Ram anyday.

josh213corbs,

If you are getting mileage that bad then you either need to lay off the gas or wait for your truck to break in more. I get that with my 5.9L.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:39 PM
JD1500
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: JayH2112

What I meant by foreign made was foreign owned. I have no problem with Toyota in the car market. But they should stay there.

I am NOT a Dodge fanyboy, in fact I have always been a Ford truck guy. But when it comes down to the Tundra vs the Ram, Ram anyday.

josh213corbs,

If you are getting mileage that bad then you either need to lay off the gas or wait for your truck to break in more. I get that with my 5.9L.

Gotcha, i agree owned by the us is much better.
Not calling you a fanboy man, jsut saying if he posts this here, there all gonna be dodge. posts on tundra.com, and there all gonna be toyota.

Damn cobrakiller, on top of a totally useless, cocky statement. Thats a big claim to make in that truck. Tundra's are fast, there is no getting around that. My dads tundra is alot quicker than my little bro's rc hemi.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:14 PM
6 hemi ram
Professional

im gettin about 15 city and 18 highway out of my 06. the tailgates are stout, carried 3 trees that weighed a total of about 2500 lbs. hooked them to a semi and drove out from under them, one at a time. didnt even hurt the plastic on the top of thegate. also ive had 3000 lbs of concrete block in the bed and drove it 30 miles up and down hills and mountains with no prob. you knew they were there but the hemi had no problem. one last thing, across the street a cement mixer got stuck up to its axles in the mud. it was 3/4 full. this was one of those 2 rear axle w/ 2 helper axles. anyway the ram was able to not so much pull the truck out but more like yank it out. anyway she got her out. impressive i think. anyway, i got the ram cause to me it has the full package. serious looks, impressive power and torque, can haul mega weight (its payload is advertised at 1500 but the stiff suspension will haul much much more),and price was about 10k+ less than all the others similarly equipped. this is the best vehicle i have had since i sold my 1979 trans am (highly modified). ive had several other vehicles that were fun, nice, but the ram taked the cake hands down. as far as the squeeks and rattles, the ram has 12k on her and none of them at all.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:58 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Zack1978

Hey everyone,
I am dealing with the issue of a new truck for some time now. The end result is between the Tundra and Ram 2500 long bed 4x4. I am just so dammm confused as to what to do. First of all I have never owned an American car/truck and that alone makes me nervous in terms of long trem quality, etc. I am a person who tends to keep cars/trucks for as long as possible, so I want something that will still be good after 200,000 miles (like my 1995 Pathfinder).

I here horror stories about rattles, and little things with the domestic products, true ? Secondly I don't actually need the Ram, but I do like it; I am a teacher not a contractor, etc. I know that I could have the Ram for a cheaper price, but is it worth paying less up front, and more money in the long run? The Tundra is also a great truck. Please help me out.........

Zack
Conserve fuel, and get a vehicle that fit your needs...2500 is a little excessive, unless you plan to do any type of hauling/contractual work. Just my .02 worth.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:00 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ask cobrakiller if he ever really raced a cobra.

That will tell the story.

Quick Reply: Why should I get the Dodge?