3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

OEM style fog light kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:51 PM
TheAlbinoRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM style fog light kit?

Anyone know where i can find a dodge fog light kit for a 06 1500 ST. that doesn't have them org. installed?

Old 07-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Rojhan
Veteran

Keep in mind that since the truck wasn't built with fogs, you'll likely need to get the computer reprogrammed in order to be able to use the OEM fogs. Also, the headlamp switch will need to be replaced with one that supports fog lights as well.

I got mine on ebay from mopar4less. The kit included the lights and headlamp switch (and he was upfront about needing the programming).

Old 07-24-2009, 12:13 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Look under the driverside bump and see if you're pre-wired for the fogs. There's two different kits you can get from the dealer....one for pre-wired trucks (comes with fogs, brackets, y-harness and new factory light switch) and one for non-wired trucks (fogs, brackets, different harness and a aftermarket style switch).

Old 07-24-2009, 06:42 AM
fk1022
All Star

the dealer here charges $50 to reprogram the computer so the lights will work

Old 07-24-2009, 08:46 AM
VP64
Captain

i just bought some big round clear fog lights from kregans autopart store and used the original holder that they put in ur bumper. i cut up the lines on the holder and used the fog light bracket it came with and screwed it on onto the holder and put everything back inplace. they look pretty much oem. i have a toggle switch to turn them on but u can also tap into ur parking light's positive cable and addon an extra relay that way u can use ur factory headlight swtich

Old 07-24-2009, 11:43 AM
R1mark

i also got mine off of ebay w/headlight switch but mine didn't need to be programed plus mine do stay on with the high beams

Old 07-24-2009, 12:33 PM
fk1022
All Star

glad yours worked out of the box

Old 07-24-2009, 12:59 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

The kit includes the switch etc.....and yes, the dealer will have to program the computer to tell it that there is fog lights. My dealer did not charge me though, and the fogs stay on with the highbeams.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:16 PM
R1mark

i would hook everything up and see if it works before i would run to the dealer. it may also help to disconnect the battery when installing the fogs. if the wiring is there i would like to think that it should work out of the box like mine did, but maybe i just got lucky.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Docwhitley
Rookie
Default Sorry to have this bumped

GREAT NEWS!!!

I was riding down the street tonight and my dash started to fash bright then dull.... Hmmmm what could it be... Thought for a minute reached down touched the headlight switch... Bang first shot! So time for a repair, BUT REPAIR MEANS MOD!!!! YEAH!!!! I GET MY FOG LIGHTS!!!! And I do not need to argue with the wife about how she thinks I wont die with out them .

So I search and here is what I want to do... While changing the switch I want to add the fog lights in the bumper and/or Lights behind the grill.

Questions I have are ... How will I know if it is pre-wired for head lights? I am doing this because the head lights are horrible at night... Do you recommend behind the grill or factory position for those that have them... and last but not least... I do not want to drill into the frame so do you know of a bracket that will allow me to mount the lights behind the grill or should I try to fabricate one?

Quick Reply: OEM style fog light kit?