3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need some advice guys...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:52 AM
JohnnysArt
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont forget the ladder before you start washing the beast.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:40 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

trust me xill we know when that truck is coming home we are on top of this tread like i was.....n/m trust me were on top of it....waiting unpatiently.....

Old 11-09-2009, 10:52 AM
EJM05
Record Breaker

is it cleaned yet!!! I want to see this beast. Let me know what you get for gas milage now.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:19 PM
cajun ram
Rookie

interco (super swamper) make a 40 in tire for 24s thats what i think im going with real soon. its the m16

Old 11-09-2009, 03:33 PM
xill
Captain

40s?? wow i didnt know anyone made 40s for 24s. you're gonna have to post some pics for sure! and i'm gonna have to keep an eye on those when it's time for new rubber (which at $600+ per tire i'm hoping will be at least a year or two from now)

Old 11-09-2009, 03:38 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Its afternoon now.... Any updates? Pics?

Old 11-09-2009, 03:48 PM
EJM05
Record Breaker

comon dude where are the pics? I need ideas for my truck

Old 11-09-2009, 03:58 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Xill. I am like you when it comes to being concerned about getting a flat and being able to lift it up. But even with my 7" lift I can get under there with a hydrualic jack and get the tires off and on. However, because the jack is so big i dont carry it round in town with me. I do carry it if i go out of town. But I also have my on-board compressor for my horns which has a 3gal tank and i also carry an air hose. As a backup to a backup, I also carry a bottle or green slime and fix-a-flat.

Go check out harbor frieght and they have some bottle jacks you might wannt see about. They have some that will reach up there.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:59 PM
xill
Captain

im pretty fukn bummed out right now. i didnt go pick it up today the side steps look terrible with the body lift. they sit way too low. so the shop is cutting out about 3" from the mounting brackets and rewelding & replating them so they sit where they're suppose to. this is what i get for listening to my wife and not just getting the power steps i wanted. blame her its all her fault! lol she thought the nerf bars looked better so i figured i'd try'em out for a while. sucks though, but good news is everything else is complete and ready to go, problem is i cant get into the damn truck without the steps so it's a must but would cost alot more to have someone else do it later just because i'm impatient. so i decided to give it a few more hours and just pick it up tomorrow.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:04 PM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Xill. I am like you when it comes to being concerned about getting a flat and being able to lift it up. But even with my 7" lift I can get under there with a hydrualic jack and get the tires off and on. However, because the jack is so big i dont carry it round in town with me. I do carry it if i go out of town. But I also have my on-board compressor for my horns which has a 3gal tank and i also carry an air hose. As a backup to a backup, I also carry a bottle or green slime and fix-a-flat.

Go check out harbor frieght and they have some bottle jacks you might wannt see about. They have some that will reach up there.
thanks man ill have to look at those. i figured all was lost when it came to a flat. now my only problem is having to carry a spare, and having to get the heavy *** tire up over my head and into the back of the truck if i need to. i should just bolt a mini crane to the bed and be my own tow truck lol. but i'll definately check out the bottle jacks thanks

Quick Reply: need some advice guys...