3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need some advice guys...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 04:12 PM
EJM05
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh man that sucks. but better off getting everything right now than having a problem later.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:25 PM
RawRam2006
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, that sucks. But better you caught it now rather then later. I like the power step idea. That's gonna look clean.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

Hmm..Tomorrow isn't going to work for me, I need them today, K thanks...lol JK man, We have to wait for some of the best things in life, but at least it'll be done right and lookin great! I can't imagine not driving my truck for as long as you have, must be terrible. lol

Old 11-09-2009, 05:21 PM
xill
Captain

yea it pretty much sucks. today marks one week in the shop. i have my daily driver still, but my truck is by far my favorite i kind of prepared myself for these little delays so its not a huge setback or anything but i guess a week isnt that big of a deal considering all the work that's been going into it and all the custom fabricating and stuff. i'll be leaving at 7am 2morrow so i'll be right there when they open up in the morning tho

Old 11-09-2009, 06:22 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

are you getting any camera's installed for the front and back. Its gotta be tough parking that bad boy and not knowing how close you are to the vehicle in front of you.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:32 PM
xill
Captain

getting a color/night vision backup camera for the rear hooked to a 7" LCD rear view mirror, parking sensors front and back, and a brighter reverse lighting system the parking sensors will be installed soon as i get the roll pan and start on the body/paint mods because i want those color-matched to be hidden. thats the bad thing about having the truck away so long, since i can't enjoy driving it i enjoy shopping for it lol

Old 11-09-2009, 07:09 PM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker

Does your rear bumper have dents, Ill buy it off of you after you get the roll pan. Im in SOCAL as well.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:12 PM
RawRam2006
Veteran

Yup, i had to install a rear view camera when i had the back window blacked out. I went the cheap route though. Bought it at target for 70 bucks. It serves its purpose though.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:18 PM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by kx250frider617
Does your rear bumper have dents, Ill buy it off of you after you get the roll pan. Im in SOCAL as well.
it has one light vertical dent on the passenger side yeah. not in the corner just right in the middle of the flat area. i wouldve taken care of it already but i knew i was getting a roll pan the day i bought it so i havent even bothered messing with it. i think thats the only dent it has ill give it another check tomorrow

Old 11-09-2009, 08:32 PM
xill
Captain

just called to check in on the truck and it's definately a go for tomorrow. everything's done and the steps are about half-way done, so will be finished up early tomorrow. the truck's already aligned and everything's tip top. eric even drove it around town a lil bit and down the freeway for a while (hopefully he filled it back up lol). for those of you that have been asking about gas mileage and acceleration, you'll be surprised to know there's very little difference over stock according to eric. and for comparison he drove it last week before he started the work. he said there's subtle differences but the truck is no where even close to the rock i thought it would be. it accelerates just fine, stops just fine, corners with no problems, and takes hills like a champ. he said it definately feels heavier, but not slower. according to him, it feels "solid" like a tank, and purrs all the way down the freeway passing other vehicles with ease. the only big difference he noted was that when going uphill it kicks into lower gear sooner than it did before, and when braking you need slightly more stopping room but not by much. and judging from my overhead console my MPG dropped by about 4-5. so all in all the ride has been drastically improved with these additions. and this is with the stock 3.55s!! let's see what the 4.88s are gonna do it i cant wait til 2morrow work is slow so i'm so bored just waiting...

Quick Reply: need some advice guys...