3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 02:20 PM
RebelRam04
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN

Ya know what I think... I think... who gives a flying F**K if your truck is faster. I can pull a house off it's foundation with my rig. I can run just about any trail you wanna throw at me and not even flinch. And after doing all that cool stuff that TRUCKS WERE DESIGNED TO DO I can still look good taking my fiance to dinner in it. OMG some 4x2 Titan with a punk kid behind the wheel smoked me at a light... BFD. Maybe if he asks nicely I won't park my Ram on his hood at the restaurant. Or then again I might, it will improve the looks.

Old 05-19-2005, 02:35 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: |3|ackAc|D

dude his titan is just a car with a lift kit.

The Titan is a good truck. It's got a dana 44 out back (with a cool diff cover), decent engine, tranny, etc. The Honda Ridgeline I wouldn't argue with you about, but the Titan and Tundra are very much real trucks.

Old 05-19-2005, 02:51 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

yea but think about it

dodge the company started as a Truck Company.. old power rams and stuff, but before that they made parts for Ford.. eek

Nissan, Honda.. psh.. they are wannabie's

Old 05-19-2005, 03:20 PM
moparturd
Banned

I'll give nissan credit cause it's due, but that titan isn't as quick as all stock Rams. QC, MAybe. RC, no.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:30 PM
guido7
Veteran

I think what we have here is a failur to communicate... he failed to mentioned that the hemi's wer all going the other way on the highway....again I say, bring your titan toy home to NC.... wanna see who spanks whom..........

One thing you did do Troll, is make me look for Titan owners that wanna get it on... hell Im old, but not dead yet.......

Viper is right, post your et's from the track, and we'll see who does what.......

Im runnin next thursday nite, weather permitting and will let you ALL know what I do.........

seeeeeee-yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....................GUIDO[sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 05-19-2005, 04:33 PM
nachoman

Hey that ****er lives in riverside, i shawl call up my uncle and let him beat him in his Turbo Geo Metro.

I got a HEMI. I live in Riveriside. Where you at hipnotik? [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 05-19-2005, 05:04 PM
moparturd
Banned

There ya go! Spank that titan.

BTW, Cool screen name.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-19-2005, 06:01 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: nachoman

Hey that ****er lives in riverside, i shawl call up my uncle and let him beat him in his Turbo Geo Metro.

I got a HEMI. I live in Riveriside. Where you at hipnotik? [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Muahahhaha noice

Old 05-19-2005, 06:44 PM
HEMI_OFF_ROAD
Professional

The Titan is a good truck. It's got a dana 44 out back (with a cool diff cover), decent engine, tranny, etc. The Honda Ridgeline I wouldn't argue with you about, but the Titan and Tundra are very much real trucks.
Has anyone here been informed that the Titan has a lame wussy dana 44? The whole new rear diff cover is on there because the rear end is overheating and Nissan is finally catching the clue that there truck has an underspecked rear end. The new diff cover for 05 has cooling fins and is now alluminum. The steel smooth 04 had major problems as well as 05, part of the problem is there f'ed up gear ratios and low amount of oil capacity. All of these people are finding large amounts of metal shavings in the rear end after changing oil after 500 miles and every time after that. Four wheeler magazines Titan had blown through 2 of the underspeced rear ends. They finally got pissed and put in a dana 60. You can read about this on there forums. Everyone of them claims to have a reliable truck but yet, they all have a long list of items that have gone wrong. MAjor problems with brake, rear ends, rattle, windows not sealed, cheesy plastic crap, lets just face it, the titan is a poorly made all wheel drive toyota camry. On top of all that tranny that in many cases is overheating when towing. You can find these complaints on the goverment highway safey website as well. As said before, so what if a titan can beat my hemi by 2/10ths of a second in the quarter mile, at least my truck will make to the end of the track. I test drove a titan 3 times before buying my dodge, they all ended in the service department. TITAN IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!! [sm=closed.gif] Oh and if the Tundra is such a real truck, then why cant there double cab even tow 7k lbs?

Old 05-19-2005, 06:48 PM
Hemi_Chris
Professional

Heh heh! Get 'im!

Maybe those other Hemi drivers he took on were either timid or didn't know their truck very well. Most people trust their tranny's to shift at the best times for acceleration, but rarely do they remember about the 1st and 2nd gear shifter positions PLUS o/d override, which is a MUST (to turn off) when racin'. Don't let that tranny slow ya down!

Quick Reply: DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN