3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 01:50 AM
guido7
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN

Horatio, simply put, Nachoman says it best.... I am envious LOL..... if you dislike the Hemi, just sit back and let us rant, WE, and I include ALL of US, LOVE OUR HEMI'S....and as said before, thats why we're here... to praise our toys.....
Im prob. the oldest guy here (58) and have had all the american brands, and out of all of them dodge's ruled supreme, overall.....

Have driven all the foreigns before I bought my hemi, new and used, up to 35K, and found I liked this truck the best....

by the way I had a 360, dodge (66) old police car from missouri, and it ran great......with push button on the dash, too friggin cool, Torqueflight tranny.......then went to Vietnam, and slod it...wish I had it now....but life nas changes so here I am with my hemi....

Simply put, enjoy your love for toyota and nissan, but go to their sites and rant, its better for all of us....
Your a nice guy, but we dont wanna hear all the BS....
best of luck man...........GUIDO

Old 05-21-2005, 02:30 AM
salomonskier
Veteran

It is true that Toyota has more HP in there 4.7 but when you think about it that is there top of the line engine. My DODGE would kick any of those god dam Nissan or Toyota p*ssy trucks any day.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14108/0488E8A1C0F0403B8BC721C1C56D42B2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14108/DB025CA897F44E658B71686756883531.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2005, 03:13 AM
RebelRam04
Rookie

ORIGINAL: horatio102

RebelRam - maybe you should do some more research, perhaps look at Dodge's website. You'll see that their numbers are the same as the ones from Toyota's website. Who's retarded? Not Toyota.
First off you didn't "prove me wrong" with your cut and paste in the previous post because I posted the Auto tranny numbers, second... um RETARD. The numbers I posted ARE from the Dodge website. Cut and Pasted. So don't go shooting your mouth off because you are too retarded to realize that the Ram is a better truck. And as far as the Hemi debate is concerned I don't own a Hemi. I own a 4.7L Magnum and a 5.9L Magnum. My Rams have been an '02 Quad Cab 5.9L SLT 4x4, an '04 RC 4.7L ST 4x4, and an '01 QC 5.9L SPORT OFFROAD 4x4. I also owned an '01 Dakota 4.7L SPORT 4x2. Hmmm, let's see.... that makes 4 Dodge trucks in 3 years. One (the Dakota) I traded for a bigger truck (the '02 Ram), one (the '02 Ram) was totaled by a Semi, and it should be noted that I was unharmed in that wreck... great truck, and two I still own - the '04 and the '01. I think if someone else made a product worth owning I MIGHT be compelled to purchase it, but alas, noone does. Interesting that Toyota keeps sending me $50-$70 test drive offers in order to try to sway me towards their trucks, but um NO. If you want a economic car, buy foreign, if you want a truck, buy a dog name it clue and get a Ram. Enough Said.

Old 05-21-2005, 03:29 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am NOT altering the numbers. Go ahead and look at the brochure all you want, I got those numbers DIRECTLY from Dodge's website. Perhaps Dodge downgraded the standard towing for 2005, or perhaps you're not reading it correctly. I'm telling you what the standard towing is, NOT the maximum towing.

What's my point? My point is that in standard trim the Tundra isn't as much of a weenie as people seem to think compared to a bone stock Ram.

Here, if you don't believe me, go to dodge's website and find it for yourself.
http://www.dodge.com/ram_1500/capability.html and click on 'towing guide' and then select a 4.7L regular cab 6-speed manual 4x4 short bed. See what you get.

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

I don't even know why your pulling me into this, but you are altering the numbers. I've got the 04 Ram brochure in front of me and the 4.7L doesn't tow less than 7100# in a 1500 model.

?????? WTF is your point again. I keep losing it in all the BS.

Old 05-21-2005, 03:33 AM
horatio102
Champion

Funny, because I was comparing trucks with no options. The standard tranny in a Ram is a 6-speed, the auto is an option. So yes, I did prove you wrong. I don't care how many Dodge's you've owned. Good for you. You still said Toyota's website was wrong and retarded, but I posted the same numbers from Dodge's website. It seems that you cannot admit when you're wrong, and this is a perfect case of you being wrong.

ORIGINAL: RebelRam04

ORIGINAL: horatio102

RebelRam - maybe you should do some more research, perhaps look at Dodge's website. You'll see that their numbers are the same as the ones from Toyota's website. Who's retarded? Not Toyota.
First off you didn't "prove me wrong" with your cut and paste in the previous post because I posted the Auto tranny numbers, second... um RETARD. The numbers I posted ARE from the Dodge website. Cut and Pasted. So don't go shooting your mouth off because you are too retarded to realize that the Ram is a better truck. And as far as the Hemi debate is concerned I don't own a Hemi. I own a 4.7L Magnum and a 5.9L Magnum. My Rams have been an '02 Quad Cab 5.9L SLT 4x4, an '04 RC 4.7L ST 4x4, and an '01 QC 5.9L SPORT OFFROAD 4x4. I also owned an '01 Dakota 4.7L SPORT 4x2. Hmmm, let's see.... that makes 4 Dodge trucks in 3 years. One (the Dakota) I traded for a bigger truck (the '02 Ram), one (the '02 Ram) was totaled by a Semi, and it should be noted that I was unharmed in that wreck... great truck, and two I still own - the '04 and the '01. I think if someone else made a product worth owning I MIGHT be compelled to purchase it, but alas, noone does. Interesting that Toyota keeps sending me $50-$70 test drive offers in order to try to sway me towards their trucks, but um NO. If you want a economic car, buy foreign, if you want a truck, buy a dog name it clue and get a Ram. Enough Said.

Old 05-21-2005, 03:37 AM
horatio102
Champion

I'm not the one ranting, I'm just stating facts and saying that they're not as bad as people here think they are, and that Dodge's aren't without flaw. I'm an auto enthusiast, and a realist. What's the top brand in 2005 for initial quality? Lexus. Fewer than 90 problems per 100 cars, which when you think about it isn't all that great. Dodge did pretty well, but it wasn't that good.

I'm going to let you guys rant though, I've got places to go now. Have a good evening and (everyone else, Guido here seems to be even keeled) don't let your blood pressure get too high.

ORIGINAL: guido7

Horatio, simply put, Nachoman says it best.... I am envious LOL..... if you dislike the Hemi, just sit back and let us rant, WE, and I include ALL of US, LOVE OUR HEMI'S....and as said before, thats why we're here... to praise our toys.....
Im prob. the oldest guy here (58) and have had all the american brands, and out of all of them dodge's ruled supreme, overall.....

Have driven all the foreigns before I bought my hemi, new and used, up to 35K, and found I liked this truck the best....

by the way I had a 360, dodge (66) old police car from missouri, and it ran great......with push button on the dash, too friggin cool, Torqueflight tranny.......then went to Vietnam, and slod it...wish I had it now....but life nas changes so here I am with my hemi....

Simply put, enjoy your love for toyota and nissan, but go to their sites and rant, its better for all of us....
Your a nice guy, but we dont wanna hear all the BS....
best of luck man...........GUIDO

Old 05-21-2005, 04:23 AM
HEMI_OFF_ROAD
Professional

You know Horatio, you may have a hard on for the Toyota and Nissan, and, I guess if you prefer crap, then well, those two have alot of it. I own a Toyota Sienna and my Dodge ram has already beet the Toyota Sienna in fewer problems. The sienna is a 04 and has already been in the shop twice for all day warranty repairs of broken crap and on top of that has had multiple recalls. I hesitated on buying another Toyota becasue my brotjher in law was a mechanical engineer (Quality assurance) for Toyota and would tell me off all the long amount of problems that they had, and how toyota would just try to push it under the rug as if it didnt exist. I was also concerned about buying another toyota sice we had a Toyota camry. Wow, if that wasnt the worls biggest POS car. Hell, how can my dad have an F-150 with 60k and go without a problem and my wifes camry be in the shop for many problems. All this from the so called reliable auto maker. What a joke. I cant tell you about the crap that Toyota is making, and even at that NIssan makes Toyota look good. You know something funny, I have been a ford guyall my life and this is my first Dodge, so telling you that Toyata and Nissan are building little boy trucks, I am not telling you this from a hard headed Dodge guy. I am telling you this from a REAL truck enthusiast point of view that your rice burning, grocery getting, POS, overpriced, overrated, underbuilt, BUTT UGLY, flower shop delivery vehicles are nothing more than roadkill stuck between the treads of my Goodyear Wrangler AT's. You call yourself a Auto Enthusiast, but I dont know how much of an Auto Enthusiast you can be when your on Dodge forum site trying to boost your ego because secretively you were at a stoplight in a Toyota Tundra feeling bad because you cant tow anything more than a cargo traler, when all of a sudden some punk as# kid pulled up in a Dodge Ram and smoked your rice burnin as# so hard. If your looking for a pep talk, I am sure that somewhere there is a Hyndai forum site for you. They might like to hear about your Tundra and Titan stories, but then again they might scare you because I hear the tow rating on the Santa FE is creeping up with the Tundra.

PS: I dont give a rats as# about what your base model comparison is, I care about what MY TRUCK can do. IF your happy using your truck to deliver pizzas, well, then, I like pepperoni and olive. I am not goingf to sit here and tell you that the HEMI=God B.S., because you know what, its not and next year there will probably be truck making 10 more HP(probably will be the HEMI), and people will look at whats out now and say, I cant believe it only has 345 HP. I am simply trying to explain that Toyata and Nissan are not making real trucks and that the Big 3 are and have been making real trucks for real men. I am also trying to tell you in a not so gentle way that if your going to try and sell us on these speedbumps, then go somewhere else. I am not the only one here telling you to get lost. Take the advice, its free and will make you a smarter person.

What's my point? My point is that in standard trim the Tundra isn't as much of a weenie as people seem to think compared to a bone stock Ram.

Old 05-21-2005, 05:26 AM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

YAY!

Old 05-21-2005, 06:38 AM
horatio102
Champion

So tell me where I said I owned a Toyota. Or a Nissan. I own a Dodge, a Ford, and a VW. The VW is short lived as it's a POS and I'm looking at all options for replacing it. I owned a 99 grand cherokee, new, and in its first year it went into the shop no less than 20 times. Toyota 4runners have a reputation for being a lot more reliable than that, but you know I don't care. I'm considering another grand cherokee because I like them better. I'm also considering dakotas with the 5.9, rams with the 5.9, tundras, crown vics, ls400s, s60's, 3 or 5 series, etc. I haven't decided yet. If I don't keep my truck I'll get a newer truck, probably a 2nd gen ram. if I do keep my truck I might get something comfy for freeway driving. You can bet that if I get a new Ram this will be the first place to hear about it though.

And it's unfortunate that you got a couple of crappy toyotas, generally they're at the top of the quality/reliability list, but even lexus has a 90% problem rate so very few have no problems whatsoever. My girlfriend's parents have a tundra and they've owned a couple of camry's without any problems. Actually nobody I know has really complained about their toyota being in the shop constantly.

ORIGINAL: HEMI_OFF_ROAD

You know Horatio, you may have a hard on for the Toyota and Nissan, and, I guess if you prefer crap, then well, those two have alot of it. I own a Toyota Sienna and my Dodge ram has already beet the Toyota Sienna in fewer problems. The sienna is a 04 and has already been in the shop twice for all day warranty repairs of broken crap and on top of that has had multiple recalls. I hesitated on buying another Toyota becasue my brotjher in law was a mechanical engineer (Quality assurance) for Toyota and would tell me off all the long amount of problems that they had, and how toyota would just try to push it under the rug as if it didnt exist. I was also concerned about buying another toyota sice we had a Toyota camry. Wow, if that wasnt the worls biggest POS car. Hell, how can my dad have an F-150 with 60k and go without a problem and my wifes camry be in the shop for many problems. All this from the so called reliable auto maker. What a joke. I cant tell you about the crap that Toyota is making, and even at that NIssan makes Toyota look good. You know something funny, I have been a ford guyall my life and this is my first Dodge, so telling you that Toyata and Nissan are building little boy trucks, I am not telling you this from a hard headed Dodge guy. I am telling you this from a REAL truck enthusiast point of view that your rice burning, grocery getting, POS, overpriced, overrated, underbuilt, BUTT UGLY, flower shop delivery vehicles are nothing more than roadkill stuck between the treads of my Goodyear Wrangler AT's. You call yourself a Auto Enthusiast, but I dont know how much of an Auto Enthusiast you can be when your on Dodge forum site trying to boost your ego because secretively you were at a stoplight in a Toyota Tundra feeling bad because you cant tow anything more than a cargo traler, when all of a sudden some punk as# kid pulled up in a Dodge Ram and smoked your rice burnin as# so hard. If your looking for a pep talk, I am sure that somewhere there is a Hyndai forum site for you. They might like to hear about your Tundra and Titan stories, but then again they might scare you because I hear the tow rating on the Santa FE is creeping up with the Tundra.

PS: I dont give a rats as# about what your base model comparison is, I care about what MY TRUCK can do. IF your happy using your truck to deliver pizzas, well, then, I like pepperoni and olive. I am not goingf to sit here and tell you that the HEMI=God B.S., because you know what, its not and next year there will probably be truck making 10 more HP(probably will be the HEMI), and people will look at whats out now and say, I cant believe it only has 345 HP. I am simply trying to explain that Toyata and Nissan are not making real trucks and that the Big 3 are and have been making real trucks for real men. I am also trying to tell you in a not so gentle way that if your going to try and sell us on these speedbumps, then go somewhere else. I am not the only one here telling you to get lost. Take the advice, its free and will make you a smarter person.

Old 05-21-2005, 06:42 AM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

i like waiting for my truck to get its oil changed, it takes baout 30 min max, and i get free coffe and dohnuts if im early enough ;D

mmm dohnuts [sm=gobble.gif]

Quick Reply: DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN