3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:05 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 10:12 PM
Dodge-Ram2001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hid's smoking?

I just ordered an hid kit from xenonHIDs.com and got everything set up and ready to install and when I did I hit the lights and the bulbs started smoking? What would make them smoke? And is it something I done wrong or what? Because after a few seconds they seem to quit smoking...

Old 01-06-2018, 08:07 PM
Tat2me
Angry Still lost

i have read through a lot and may have missed the answer!! I installed a hid kit with relay and capasitors. When i start my 07 dodge ram and turn my lights on the lows flash like 5 times then go out.. the high beams work ok!! Unplugged kit and put stock bulbs in and still no low beams but highs work!! Really want my hids in but i am lost on getting my low beams to work!!

Old 01-06-2018, 09:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

HID bulbs in stock housings that weren't designed from them isn't a good idea. You will blind oncoming drivers.......

Old 01-29-2018, 06:43 PM
razor07
Default one side on the other off

For 2 years I have had the OPT7 LED kit with the resistor add on cable for my 07 Dodge Ram. A month ago I noticed that the right side was low beam while the Left one was out. When I hit the High switch, the right side is out and the left one is High. I have tried everything from buying new resistor kit to today buying JDM ASTAR G4 bulbs, still nothing. I have googled this issue and have not found a solution. Any ideas

Old 02-27-2018, 04:59 PM
RamedHemi
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you didn't put HID bulbs in the stock housing where else would you put them? LOL. Sorry but that makes no sense. I have had mine in for 10 years no issues with blinding anyone. The bulb has nothing to do with it its the lens that directs the light coming out. Just want to clarify for others considering HIDs.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:06 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by RamedHemi
If you didn't put HID bulbs in the stock housing where else would you put them? LOL. Sorry but that makes no sense. I have had mine in for 10 years no issues with blinding anyone. The bulb has nothing to do with it its the lens that directs the light coming out. Just want to clarify for others considering HIDs.
that is correct. And the lens is not designed for an HID bulb. It scatters the light.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:38 PM
DeaTHCreator024
Default H

Switch the bulbs in one of the head lights. Chances are you have the wrong bulb switched. Sounds as if you have a dimming led bulb in the marker light. If not then wireing is crossed. If the system works them it's a cross somewhere. From my experience. Hope this helps

Old 06-12-2018, 02:33 PM
ramalex

weedahoe i have a problem i have been running hids direct PNP in my fogs for years no problems so today i install DDM new full canbus kit for my headlight (according to them no harness or resistor needed ) well i turned on my lights and everything works but i have the dreaded light out light on .. will this damage my cluster computer or anything else if i leave it this way ?? if so what do i need to install to fix it ??

Old 06-12-2018, 02:36 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by ramalex
weedahoe i have a problem i have been running hids direct PNP in my fogs for years no problems so today i install DDM new full canbus kit for my headlight (according to them no harness or resistor needed ) well i turned on my lights and everything works but i have the dreaded light out light on .. will this damage my cluster computer or anything else if i leave it this way ?? if so what do i need to install to fix it ??
Weedahoe is no longer an active member on this forum.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:03 PM
ramalex

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Weedahoe is no longer an active member on this forum.
buzzkill can somewone help me out ??

Quick Reply: Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...