4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

I just got raped on some shipping but im glad i got it

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Darek117
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just got raped on some shipping but im glad i got it

I bought a Sonnax 545RFE Line Booster for my truck from Circle D Specialties and i got the shaft on shipping i believe. lol They charged $27 to ship that little thing via ground shipping but im glad i bought it. I have herd good things about this product and cant wait to install it.

Old 12-18-2011, 02:33 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Say goodbye to the lifetime warranty on that transmission

Old 12-18-2011, 03:05 PM
jayman84
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does the bullydog not firm up the shifts? I know my superchips does and I would be afraid to make it too much firmer.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Nate769
All Star

Originally Posted by oldjeep
Say goodbye to the lifetime warranty on that transmission
If anything it helps the tranny not damages it...I asked my dealer when I put one on my 3rd gen and he said it would never make any difference to warranty. In fact they like to see them on because as I said it helps it more then it would damage it. HOWEVER he did state that it has to be a manufactured line booster, like sonnex (I don't know of anyone else). Some guys would just build their own using resistors and the dealers frown upon that, this is what will screw you warranty.

Darrek, let me know how it works on your truck. I did have one on my 3rd gen, I think it was a 60psi? Anyways it was amazing, yes you loose ride quality because you will feel your tranny shift. But when I was pulling and whatnot, it was incredible. The temp of my tranny was down, and it was just perfect. I have not heard of anyone with them on a 4th gen. Let me know how it goes.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:22 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by Nate769
If anything it helps the tranny not damages it...I asked my dealer when I put one on my 3rd gen and he said it would never make any difference to warranty. In fact they like to see them on because as I said it helps it more then it would damage it. HOWEVER he did state that it has to be a manufactured line booster, like sonnex (I don't know of anyone else). Some guys would just build their own using resistors and the dealers frown upon that, this is what will screw you warranty.
I'd get that in writing Fooling the sensors into jacking the line pressure up is definitly in violation of the warranty.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Nate769
All Star

Originally Posted by oldjeep
I'd get that in writing Fooling the sensors into jacking the line pressure up is definitly in violation of the warranty.
Oh believe me I did...with signature from the head guy at service...

It could be in "violation", but you will never get a problem that is in direct relation to that sensor. As far as what I have been told, unless the dealer can prove that what you did was in fact DIRECT relation to cause the problem, they cant NOT give you warranty. So "technically" it doesn't violate anything 99.9% of the time.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Darek117
Rookie

I got the truck used so idk if that lifetime transferred to me but either way ill install it because great preforming truck is my ultimate goal!

Old 12-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Darek117
Rookie

Originally Posted by jayman84
Does the bullydog not firm up the shifts? I know my superchips does and I would be afraid to make it too much firmer.
Great question but idk yet i am deployed to Kuwait so i haven't got to try it myself yet but from what i have read and talked to people about BD has no tranny tunes.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Nate769
All Star

Originally Posted by Darek117
Great question but idk yet i am deployed to Kuwait so i haven't got to try it myself yet but from what i have read and talked to people about BD has no tranny tunes.
bullydog will only change the WOT shift points. THAT I know of. Unless there is something in the prebuilt tune from bullydog there is nothing.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:25 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Darek117
I got the truck used so idk if that lifetime transferred to me but either way ill install it because great preforming truck is my ultimate goal!
Nope, the lifetime warranty is only good to the original owner and not transferable.

Quick Reply: I just got raped on some shipping but im glad i got it