Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 4th Gen Ram Tech
Reload this Page >

5 Year Lifetime Powertrain Inspections

4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5 Year Lifetime Powertrain Inspections

Old 02-07-2019, 11:14 PM
BIGGS000
Rookie

I've hardly even visited this forum in years. I'm one of the ignorant people that did not get the 5 year inspection done. I fought hard against it, but lost in the end. I now have a lifetime Maxcare with no PT coverage. It's better than nothing, but when I bought this truck I was not big into reading everything and I moved a few times during those 5 years with the military. I never had a real great rapport with any one dealership (and met a few shady ones). Since those days I have built the habit to read everything I sign. The lost PT coverage debacle has reinforced that habit. Now into year 10, I'll be reminding my father to get his second inspection done. Let this be a reminder to anyone that somehow got through the first inspection but forgot the inspections are every 5 years for life. Please, figure out your 120 swing period and get your inspection taken care of this year (or last year for some of you).

Old 02-11-2019, 04:08 PM
capsfloyd
Captain

mine is a 2009 , just got my 2nd -5 year done . FCA did NOT send anything to me for a reminder .

Old 02-12-2019, 10:37 AM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by capsfloyd View Post
mine is a 2009 , just got my 2nd -5 year done . FCA did NOT send anything to me for a reminder .
Of course not. They want that warranty to expire.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5 Year Lifetime Powertrain Inspections

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: