Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Say GOODBYE to Chrysler.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you guys have any idea how much more expensive things are when they are dealer installed? The way to go is to make it more simple to build. That way it can be done cheaper, and more timely. The 09 sebring is a good example. Go to chrysler.com and build one. The only model for a sedan is now a limited. But now its only 23k. Last year a limited started out at about 25-26. the more we buy of something the cheaper we can get them.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:10 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

shap, you know where the discussion of "cars need to be cheaper" is going to go...

Old 01-09-2009, 03:14 PM
mcdcwilliams
Record Breaker

i don't think chrysler is done people! c'mon! chrysler has always been on the ropes. always been the smallest, and always pulled through, and not only pulling through, but CRUSHING it along the way. Remember when the hemi got banned from nascar?
chrysler will be just fine. trust me. would i lie to you? how can I lie, i'm wearing a tie.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Rumble

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
If the big three were to combine forces and fight against the imports, it would make all the difference. I am not suggesting that they combine into a chit company like AMC, but they should lay off the competition between themselves. I also think that even though Ford is doing good money wise, by them not taking part in the bailout will hurt them in the long run.

They can't "combine forces" because of anti-trust laws but it would be cool if they could. Like a few classes of the same option for each of the companies then sell them at a price they can all agree on. But that could hurt the company who has the most for operating cost

Old 01-10-2009, 03:03 PM
TedEbear
Rookie

Originally Posted by silvermach2002
Chrysler sales were down 53% last quarter. And Toyota sold more Camery's than Chrysler sold cars in 2008. It's sad, but I don't think they will be around much longer.l
I don't know if they are doomed. Many people said that about them in the late 70s. However, I don't see any drastic changes they are making to turn the ship around in the near future.

I worked for Chrysler for 25 years. Last November I took a buyout offer rather than an indefinite layoff. My little voice told me it was the best thing to do while Chrysler still had the money to hand out for those of us willing to sign off all those years with the company in exchange for a 6-figure check. When I stepped back and looked at what was going on internally it seemed that they were just finger-pointing at each other as to who is to blame for where they're at instead of addressing the problem and fixing it.

It sucks after spending one-quarter of a century with a company and having to start all over somewhere else but that's how it is. I was lucky enough to secure a job with a different company in my similar line of work rather quickly. I guess I can forget about retiring in 5 more year though.

No matter what happens with Chrysler I will never, ever buy an import car.

mygig

Old 01-10-2009, 05:41 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It sucks. But, ya gotta put out what the consumers want when they want it.
Othewise, you loose.
Again, doesn't matter that they are now maybe putting out reliable, efficent vehicles. The 80s and 90s are stuck in peoples heads.
You loose peoples trust very quick, and gain it back very slow.
They screwed up. Their paying the price. Hopefully if they pull through this, they won't get retarded again. If they loose, I really have no regrets for the company (the blue-collar workers- heck yea!).

The only reason I support a bailout is because this effects so much more than just GM, Ford and Chrysler.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:35 PM
jdcovert
Veteran

Originally Posted by dodgerules86
It sucks. But, ya gotta put out what the consumers want when they want it.
Othewise, you loose.
Ya, thats a big reason why the big three are in such poor shape. But they still haven't learned a thing, just watch.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:13 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

They need to get with it quick. I for one, like my truck and will buy another when the time comes.
People have been brainwashed into thinking that the imports are so much better than the domestics and that just isn't the case anymore.
We also need to increase the tariffs on these imports to bring more money into the economy. Even the ones built here since the main Corporation is overseas.
These stupid little $9995 Kia's are putting a hurtin' on the US makers who can't or won't build a really cheap car and offer a 10yr/100K warranty on them.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:27 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
These stupid little $9995 Kia's are putting a hurtin' on the US makers who can't or won't build a really cheap car and offer a 10yr/100K warranty on them.
*cough* You mean, the cars Americans are buying and can afford to buy?
I have nothing against them as long as they are made in the US. I mean, I'm not gonna buy a Kia, but more power to those that trust 'em.

Let's not get into the "well, the companies are based in Asia" debate, because than, under that exact same logic, anyone owning a 1998-2007 Chrysler product is guilty of buying an import as well. DaimlerChrysler was based in Stuttgart, Germany.

I know the next argument is that "well, they had offices in North America, right there in Detriot." Well, ya know what, Honda and Toyota have offices right there in Torrance, CA.
Next stupid argument...

Old 01-11-2009, 02:45 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

It's no debate, just a difference in opinion. We allowed them to grow over here and take over the market. They were totally imported when they first started and they have since moved in and taken over the neighborhood. Not cool.
We also need to get rid of the NAFTA crap and bring those jobs back to the USA!!

Quick Reply: Say GOODBYE to Chrysler.