Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Say GOODBYE to Chrysler.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
They need to get with it quick. I for one, like my truck and will buy another when the time comes.
People have been brainwashed into thinking that the imports are so much better than the domestics and that just isn't the case anymore.
We also need to increase the tariffs on these imports to bring more money into the economy. Even the ones built here since the main Corporation is overseas.
These stupid little $9995 Kia's are putting a hurtin' on the US makers who can't or won't build a really cheap car and offer a 10yr/100K warranty on them.
A tariff is another form of protectionism. The Big Three need to learn or die. Ford appears to be the only one to have learned.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:36 PM
jankerson
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The main problem I have with the big 3 is the workers. If they aren't driving the products that they build then are they really good enough for the rest of us?

It should be mandatory (Job requirement) that if you work for the big 3 you have to drive the product you build. (That's from the CEO down to the lowest employee)

The way I look at it is that if the product isn't good enough for them to buy then it's not good enough for anyone else either.

Last edited by jankerson; 01-11-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:38 PM
kevin mccune
Amateur

I agree, if I'm grateful and like the company -I should support it" remember what Jimmy Dean said" Dance with the one that brung ya"-Kevin

Old 01-11-2009, 04:41 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks

Rather than tariffs on imports, the government should give tax breaks to those who buy vehicles built by big three. They are already doing it for people who buy hybrids. Also I was always under the impression that the employees of the big 3 drove products made by their company, because of the discounts they are given.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:13 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, when I lived in Illinois, I would drive past the Chrysler's Belvidere assembly plant (it made the Neon/SRT-4 and as of late, the Caliber/Compass/Patriot), and while there would be a lot of workers Chrysler vehicles, always had the other makers, too.

Just because you work for a company, does not mean you like their products. I know it's gotta be the same for all the car makers.
Actually, forcing a worker to buy a car made by Chrysler simply because they work for Chrysler is about the most retarded thing I've heard. For the CEO's and such, who are given cars to drive, ya, it wouldn't be good to see them 'putting around town in a differant brand.

Giving tax breaks to consumers for buying a "Detroit 3" car, I think, isn't a good idea either. The bailout - my pure, uncontaminated tax dollars - going to them should be more than good enough.
If they can't get back to profitability, they deserve to go under, plain and simple. If you don't want them to go under, stop talking about how "everyone else needs to buy their vehicles" and mail Chrysler a check for all your life savings, since it's obviously that important to you for them to survive. (This goes for all of the Detroit 3, not just Chrysler)

Old 01-11-2009, 05:42 PM
TedEbear
Rookie

Originally Posted by jankerson
The main problem I have with the big 3 is the workers. If they aren't driving the products that they build then are they really good enough for the rest of us?

It should be mandatory (Job requirement) that if you work for the big 3 you have to drive the product you build. (That's from the CEO down to the lowest employee)

The way I look at it is that if the product isn't good enough for them to buy then it's not good enough for anyone else either.
Obviously you have never been to Detroit. The last time I visited there the Big 3 vehicles GREATLY outnumbered the imports on the streets.

At the Chrysler facility where I worked for 25 years in the Midwest you could count on one hand the number of imports in the employee parking lot out of over 1,000 vehicles. The imports that you ran across were usually beat-up rust buckets.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:11 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

There are some here at our local Ford plants that drive other brands of cars/trucks. They have to park way out in the north 40 as a penalty for disloyalty.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:17 PM
SilverGhost1
All Star

My Dodge will be my LAST "Big 3" vehicle. And my issues are as follows; GM, Chrysler & Ford have mismanaged their companies into the ground. They have lived the lap of luxury flying corp jets and eating cavier. Hmmm, sound familiar? Lehman Brothers, Washington Mutual, etc. The same greed that has fed the wheels of the financial industry have fed the ******** of the Big 3. Further, the UAW is not willing to make concessions. They want to continue to get $70+ p/h and continue to pay their LAID OFF work force 90% of their salary. Why bother working? No, instead they would rather not receive a paycheck at all vs getting one, albeit less than they are getting now.

You don't see the auto workers in the south (Toyota, Hyundai, BMW & Mercedes, etc.) pissing and moaning about their $45+ p/h wage. Nope, they would rather make quality and be proud of their work rather than make mediocre vehicles and be greedy about what they make because they feel entitled.

No, I am fed up with the bull**** of Detroit and their assinine ways of doing business so they can make money and screw the automobile paying public.

I love my truck, but Iam done with their bull$hit.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverGhost1
My Dodge will be my LAST "Big 3" vehicle. And my issues are as follows; GM, Chrysler & Ford have mismanaged their companies into the ground. They have lived the lap of luxury flying corp jets and eating cavier. Hmmm, sound familiar? Lehman Brothers, Washington Mutual, etc. The same greed that has fed the wheels of the financial industry have fed the ******** of the Big 3. Further, the UAW is not willing to make concessions. They want to continue to get $70+ p/h and continue to pay their LAID OFF work force 90% of their salary. Why bother working? No, instead they would rather not receive a paycheck at all vs getting one, albeit less than they are getting now.

You don't see the auto workers in the south (Toyota, Hyundai, BMW & Mercedes, etc.) pissing and moaning about their $45+ p/h wage. Nope, they would rather make quality and be proud of their work rather than make mediocre vehicles and be greedy about what they make because they feel entitled.

No, I am fed up with the bull**** of Detroit and their asinine ways of doing business so they can make money and screw the automobile paying public.

Quoted for truth.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:12 PM
jankerson
Professional

Originally Posted by SilverGhost1

No, I am fed up with the bull**** of Detroit and their assinine ways of doing business so they can make money and screw the automobile paying public.

Yeah mine too.

Think I will be buying a BMW as my next car.

Quick Reply: Say GOODBYE to Chrysler.