Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

Can you daily a 426 Hemi

  #1  
Old 05-17-2019, 05:05 PM
Mopar440
Mopar440 is offline
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Default Can you daily a 426 Hemi

Ok I was originally going to go with a 440 but Iíve been thinking about a 426 Hemi and would it be a good engine for long or normal street driving?
 
  #2  
Old 05-18-2019, 07:43 AM
HeyYou's Avatar
HeyYou
HeyYou is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clayton MI
Posts: 56,803
Default

Originally Posted by Mopar440 View Post
Ok I was originally going to go with a 440 but Iíve been thinking about a 426 Hemi and would it be a good engine for long or normal street driving?
Depends on how you build it. And how much you drive, and how much you wanna pay for gas. Of course, probably not much difference in fuel mileage between the hemi, and the 440.
 
  #3  
Old 05-18-2019, 08:45 AM
Moparite's Avatar
Moparite
Moparite is offline
Champion
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,011
Default

Hemi's where daily drivers back when they came out just like any other motor. You may want to elaborate on what your goals are with a said vehicle. This thread is for the 4 door thing with a "charger" name tag on it for the most part. If you have a real one like the 68-70's here may be a better place to post.
 
  #4  
Old 05-18-2019, 03:30 PM
Magnoom
Magnoom is offline
Amateur
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 34
Default

Originally Posted by Mopar440 View Post
Ok I was originally going to go with a 440 but Iíve been thinking about a 426 Hemi and would it be a good engine for long or normal street driving?
Anything can be daily driven if you're willing to pay for the gas and any idiosyncrasies the vehicle has. What vehicle?

Originally Posted by Moparite View Post
Hemi's where daily drivers back when they came out just like any other motor. You may want to elaborate on what your goals are with a said vehicle. This thread is for the 4 door thing with a "charger" name tag on it for the most part. If you have a real one like the 68-70's here may be a better place to post.
*were
And not really, they were rare even back then. So butthurt about the newer Chargers lol.
 
  #5  
Old 05-18-2019, 07:32 PM
Mopar440
Mopar440 is offline
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Magnoom View Post
Anything can be daily driven if you're willing to pay for the gas and any idiosyncrasies the vehicle has. What vehicle?



*were
And not really, they were rare even back then. So butthurt about the newer Chargers lol.
Its a 1968 Dodge Charger
 
  #6  
Old 05-19-2019, 08:02 AM
Moparite's Avatar
Moparite
Moparite is offline
Champion
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,011
Default

Its a 1968 Dodge Charger
Congratulations! I for one wouldn't be driving my 68 as a daily driver. I did back in the 80's when i got it. Especially living in the rust belt. And i would be worried about some idiot driving a Prius would hit it. The highlighted "here" in my post is a link, click on it.
 
  #7  
Old 05-19-2019, 09:32 PM
Magnoom
Magnoom is offline
Amateur
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 34
Default

Originally Posted by Mopar440 View Post
Its a 1968 Dodge Charger
So either a 440 or a 426 hemi in a '68 B body...unless you intend to restify this vehicle (do some modern upgrades), between the dated chassis and the engine that is measured in gallons per mile (or smiles per gallon lol) this is not really the hot ticket for a commuter/daily driver.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can you daily a 426 Hemi


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: