Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2010 Caravan Phantom Locks

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010 | 01:12 PM
amgp
|
Default 2010 Caravan Phantom Locks

A couple of days ago, the power rear liftgate on my 2010 Grand Caravan SXT Crew opened up all by itself (nobody touched the remote). Then yesterday, all of the locks unlocked by themselves and the lights came on (again, nobody touched the remote). Both of these instances occurred when the car was turned off and parked.

I called the dealer and they said they've never heard of a problem like this before, and they wouldn't know how to fix it.

Has anybody heard of this problem happening?

Last edited by amgp; 11-17-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-18-2010 | 12:52 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

I would have the dealer ck for any stored codes in the door modules and see what was the cause of the doors to unlock or open.

Old 11-18-2010 | 06:15 PM
2010SXT4.0L
Rookie

New sequel to Paranormal Activity 1 and 2?

Just kidding ...weird problem.

Old 11-19-2010 | 11:18 PM
amgp
|

Thanks for the advice, Master Tech. I told the service agent at my dealer about what you said, and I made an appointment with them for Monday morning. I'll be sure to report back here what they find.

I hope they find something. The van has locked and unlocked its doors all by itself a few more times. I especially don't like it when the rear liftgate opens by itself. The van is not secure at all, and I can't keep anything inside of it for fear of thieves.

Old 11-26-2010 | 01:48 PM
amgp
|

I took the GC into the dealer. They checked the computer codes for the door modules, and there wasn't anything there. Under the advice of Chrysler, they reset the modules, and said that they couldn't do anything else.

Not exactly what I was hoping for. No vehicle should lock and unlock by itself, along with the power doors opening and closing by themselves. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any advice??

Old 11-26-2010 | 08:03 PM
gorsuchcaravan
Amateur

get ready for more phantom issues like this..just like ours with the radio changing stations, the adjustable pedals not working, and the stalling issue that we had this past summer and none of it left codes in the computer!!!! and just recently we had the traction control light come on for 3 hrs and it was sunny and dry out!!!

Old 11-26-2010 | 08:42 PM
lovvorn
Banned
Default Emergancy Flasher !!

Originally Posted by gorsuchcaravan
get ready for more phantom issues like this..just like ours with the radio changing stations, the adjustable pedals not working, and the stalling issue that we had this past summer and none of it left codes in the computer!!!! and just recently we had the traction control light come on for 3 hrs and it was sunny and dry out!!!
Hey, I had the same thing happen. After a lot of checking & the energ. flasher is tied to the computor some way ??? the traction control ,signal lights, cruise ,door locks exc. was full of phantoms @ times ?? It turned out to be the emerg. flasher switch !! new switch & the Phantom is dead !! Try pushing the emerg. sw. on & off about 10-20 times an see if the phantom goes away ?? My thoughts Duane

Old 11-27-2010 | 12:09 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech

Where was the remote while all this was happening? Was your van in the same location during all of the episodes.

Old 11-27-2010 | 03:17 AM
amgp
|

These episodes of phantom lock and power door operations have occurred at various locations; in our garage, in different parking lots, etc. Likewise, the remote was also in various locations at these times, on the kitchen counter, in a coat pocket, in a pants pocket, in a purse; all without anybody pushing any buttons.

Old 06-08-2015 | 12:05 PM
Asmallhorn63
Default 2010 dodge grand caravan sxt

Originally Posted by amgp
A couple of days ago, the power rear liftgate on my 2010 Grand Caravan SXT Crew opened up all by itself (nobody touched the remote). Then yesterday, all of the locks unlocked by themselves and the lights came on (again, nobody touched the remote). Both of these instances occurred when the car was turned off and parked.

I called the dealer and they said they've never heard of a problem like this before, and they wouldn't know how to fix it.

Has anybody heard of this problem happening?
getting same problem opens up during night. Went to bank today turned car off pulled key out hazard lights blinked then rear gate went up then down I had keys on seat dumbfounded

Quick Reply: 2010 Caravan Phantom Locks