Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2014 Grand Caravan runs down new Scion FRS

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Fabian4
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2014 Grand Caravan runs down new Scion FRS

So I just saw one of my coworkers leaving work in his new Scion FRS so I noticed he was on it when he saw me behind him in my 2014 Grand Caravan so I gunned it and stayed on his butt all the time in and out of traffic which is stupid but it wasn't that heavy traffic. I pull next to him he starts laughing at the minivan cause I'm driving the family van and I'm like laughing at him because I'm like thinking hey mother trucker your Scion FRS 200hp torqueless sportscar couldn't shake a freaking 283hp minivan!! Hahaha Just wait until I go back to work and rip on him because this guy hates on all American cars and talks a lot of smack about Domestic American vehicles! That's my little experience today! Lol����

Last edited by Fabian4; 11-02-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:27 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

Originally Posted by Fabian4
So I just saw one of my coworkers leaving work in his new Scion FRS so I noticed he was on it when he saw me behind him in my 2014 Grand Caravan so I gunned it and stayed on his butt all the time in and out of traffic which is stupid but it wasn't that heavy traffic. I pull next to him he starts laughing at the minivan cause I'm driving the family van and I'm like laughing at him because I'm like thinking hey mother trucker your Scion FRS 200hp torqueless sportscar couldn't shake a freaking 283hp minivan!! Hahaha Just wait until I go back to work and rip on him because this guy hates on all American cars and talks a lot of smack about Domestic American vehicles! That's my little experience today! Lol����
this all in fun but please take it to the track. someome going to get into serious injuries.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:54 AM
Fabian4
Amateur
Wink

Originally Posted by DodgeCaravan2010SXT
this all in fun but please take it to the track. someome going to get into serious injuries.
Yes I agree! But I'm pretty sure everyone that walks on this planet has floored their vehicle at one time or another against another vehicle no matter if it was for pleasure road rage or merging lol....

Old 11-04-2013, 01:27 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm. Can't say I've ever felt the need to do something that irresponsible.

Last edited by Cougar41; 11-04-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Lscman
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabian4
This street racing experience does not reflect the relative performance capabilities of a Scion vs Caravan. It only means the Scion driver was driving with a greater level of restraint, caution and concern about risk to the general public. If you ever participate in a high performance road track event, you will see experienced amateurs in gutless 150HP econoboxes outrunning Corvettes, Porsches and Ferrari's with world class suspensions and 4x more horsepower. This is especially true when non-participants (traffic) is used as slalom cones. Amateurs vary widely in skill while others may have a death wish or lack reasonable responsibility.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Fabian4
Amateur

Originally Posted by Cougar41
Hmm. Can't say I've ever felt the need to do something that irresponsible.
Well it wasn't that irresponsible or anything like you people claim to be or make it sound like it was street racing come on! It was someone I knew and we are both car enthusiasts and all I did was kinda pulled up to him quick laughing!

Old 11-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Fabian4
Amateur
Wink

Originally Posted by Lscman
This street racing experience does not reflect the relative performance capabilities of a Scion vs Caravan. It only means the Scion driver was driving with a greater level of restraint, caution and concern about risk to the general public. If you ever participate in a high performance road track event, you will see experienced amateurs in gutless 150HP econoboxes outrunning Corvettes, Porsches and Ferrari's with world class suspensions and 4x more horsepower. This is especially true when non-participants (traffic) is used as slalom cones. Amateurs vary widely in skill while others may have a death wish or lack reasonable responsibility.
Very true! It was just a little scuffle I got into! Lol no biggie! I was just pointing out that the new 2014 Grand Caravan with the Pentastar V6 is no slouch and for a practical family hauler and excellent giddy up it has for the price it's a winner!

Old 11-04-2013, 11:19 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

I know that sometimes we need the thrill of speed. Just be careful, because you don't know the other driver will do.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Fabian4
Amateur

Originally Posted by master tech
I know that sometimes we need the thrill of speed. Just be careful, because you don't know the other driver will do.
I totally agree with ya! When I was a kid in my teens and early 20s my buddies and I use to street race all the time then we stopped do to the danger and police it wasn't worth it so we started just going to local tracks which was exciting but now being married with kids don't really have time for track time and to prove what? Lol but when my kids get older I want to take them to the track it'll be fun!

Old 11-05-2013, 11:23 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

When your kids do get older, make sure you hide or lock up your keys. lol

Quick Reply: 2014 Grand Caravan runs down new Scion FRS