Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Well Got one

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 02:45 AM
MidnightCharge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well Got one

Went to the dealership about 40 mins before closing to see what was new. They had a Midnight Blue Charger R/T just about fully loaded(not sure what's left). This is the place that we bought our Magnum R/T (the first one they had) from last year and so they knew we were serious. The wife fell in love with it so we asked lowest price, we haggled and now it is in our driveway. Going on a 500 mile trip tomorrow so will have some good break in time. I will get pics when I can. We have put about 40 miles on it so far and is a blast, I guess it is lighter than the Mag which causes it to seem to have more thrust and the rear will get squirrelly. We can't get the smiles off our faces. Can't wait to get up tomorrow and drive it.

Old 06-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Well Got one

Awesome man. I dunno, I saw a Midnight Blue Charger R/T on the 31st. I couldn't stop staring at it. I wanted it so bad. But that one was already sold. Congrats on the Charger. PICS ASAP! lol

Old 06-04-2005, 07:05 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

The Chargers are absolutely AWESOME. I would take one of those over a 300 any day of the week. Seems to have more "personality"

Old 06-04-2005, 11:36 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

while i am fine with the way the new charger looks, i am a big fan of the front end of the 300...i really like the big headlights..[8D]

Old 06-05-2005, 12:45 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

while i am fine with the way the new charger looks, i am a big fan of the front end of the 300...i really like the big headlights..[8D]
I will grant you that the 300 front end is very nice and a good looking car, I just like the mean bulging fenders rip your head off if you look at me wrong look to the Charger. Especially if its black.

Old 06-05-2005, 03:14 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

i am a big fan of the front end of the 300...i really like the big headlights..
Same here. The front end, head lights, rims, and side windows look excellent on the 300. Congrats on the Charger purchase!!

-Matt-

Old 06-05-2005, 03:36 AM
MidnightCharge
Rookie

Thanks for the responses, my wife and I like all 3 LX cars. The trip today was great, the ride is soft which good for a long drive. The power of course is great and makes dealing with traffic easier. So far absolutely no complaints and don't expect any. First mods will be tinting and air filter, will see after that. I have posted some pics in my gallery, https://dodgeforum.com/albumphoto.as...Type=3&apage=1

[IMG]local://upfiles/4412/DFFE62124E3644C485C7E73866D85197.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-05-2005, 06:06 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

I'm breaking the 10th commandment by coveting your goods.

Old 06-07-2005, 06:20 AM
Dave in LB
Professional

Congrats on the new ride.

I am a huge Charger Fan. We've had 3 "69s inthe Family since before I was born and one was my first car. I like the new Charger alright, but wished they'd done more of the show car from 2003 as the production vehicle. It looked more Charger like to me and the front facia was perfect. It looked as if the Charger had been in production for the last 40 years continuously. I hate saying this and man it hurts, but Ford did a better job on the new Mustang. the New Charger to me looks more like a Generation I Coronet?Charger than the Gen II B Body that I love so much.

Infernomag please take no offense to my comments as I truly think you got one wicked ride in a scorchingly cool color. My it bring you many thousands of miles of enjoyment!

Old 06-07-2005, 07:55 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dave in LB

It looked more Charger like to me and the front facia was perfect. It looked as if the Charger had been in production for the last 40 years continuously. I hate saying this and man it hurts, but Ford did a better job on the new Mustang.
The Mustang hasn't been interupted for more than 20 years, they had a lot more to work with