1967 dodge d100 - DodgeForum.com

Notices

Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

1967 dodge d100

Old 01-16-2016, 09:20 PM
drummerdad

Default 1967 dodge d100

My wife and I recently bought my son his first vehicle, a 1967 dodge d100. He has always liked older trucks, and this one is kinda nice. Its a sweptline, with the little back window. The previous owner changed the front suspension clip to an 85 clip(his words, not mine. By looking at it, he either welded in the front suspension, or the changed the front half of the frame), and installed the 318/auto. He also installed a 71 grill, new-ish seats from...I dont even know what, and lowered the truck.

The good news is, it has the 318, and has started everytime we turned the key. We bought the truck to work on a little, and had no illusions of it being a show truck. We plan to fix a couple of things, make it a nice driver, then leave it alone. Aside from a few little issues, it appears to be quite dependable.

The bad news is, it has a mustang shifter, and ford ranger rims. And they lowered the rear by raising the suspension mounts, which puts them into the bed area. It appears to be safe, just ugly. And I have to get a good look at the front end. I dont know what has been done under the cab.

I will be looking for parts sources, especially any junk yards that have classic dodge trucks. Currently we need a back window, and some wheels. Eventually we will need a shifter, steering column, and a bench seat. Any direction or advice about parts sources will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:19 AM
Moparite
Record Breaker

Let's see some pics!
Old 02-05-2017, 03:07 PM
drummerdad

I know this is a year old, sorry. I had a computer snafu, and lost a bunch of links, and passwords. I stumbled back into this forum, by accident, when I went to register. Anyway...

This is my 07 charger rt/rt, and my sons 67 d100.

We have since gave his truck a major tune up, and had the radiator repaired. Next up is a rewire, front to back, and some better and safer lighting. Im scared someone will rearend him if we dont upgrade the tail lights. Everything else appears to be working ok. His wheels are the old wheels from my charger.
Also we are working on a plan to raise the rearend on his truck. The guy we bought it from built brackets to lower the rearend, but they intrude into the bed area. We are gonna remove them, and raise the rear. I think itll look better if the truck is raked, making the drip rail level with the ground. It looks like the nose is up, which we both hate.

My car has had new wheels (20x10 rear, and 20x8 fronts), coil overs from streetedge, and drilled and slotted rotors from R1, all installed last year. Next up is a custom exhaust, and hopefully a forged engine, upgraded transmission/rearend/driveshaft, and a supercharger. All in due time.