Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Keyless entry unlock/honk settings

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 09:15 PM
charzman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless entry unlock/honk settings

I dunno what I am doing wrong compared to what is in the manual (Yes, I read the manual. Don't throw stuff at me). But for the life of me, I cannot get the truck to change from factory default settings so it won't honk when I lock it using the keyless and so it will unlock all doors when I hit the unlock button instead of just the drivers door. I've tried the steps in the book but it just does not want to cooperate.

BTW 2007 Ram 2500, 5.9 QC 4x4

Old 05-17-2007, 09:43 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Default RE: Keyless entry unlock/honk settings

your not alone. I haven't bothered with it yet myself but, I've seen many posts about it. The trick seems to be trying is over and over. After the third or forth time it works.

It all else fails... you can have the dealer do it.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:41 PM
beachmstr

I got mine set to unlock all the doors but i couldn't get it to not honk when i locked the doors.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:55 PM
chukar
Rookie

Can't help on the honking when you lock, the lights on mine flash when locking (came like that). I did read the manual to turn off the stupid dinger for the seatbelt, but after 2 or 3 times I gave up and just leave the thing buckled and get in and out over the top of it.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:45 PM
minex
Veteran

For the record, I tried this last night. I have the exact same truck as charzman -- a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 5.9 CTD 4x4 SLT Big Horn.

After 20 attempts I gave up because I'm sure I was starting to annoy everyone in the neighborhood.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:53 PM
triton
Record Breaker

so much for the several times theory. It can be done cause I've read others posts that did it. Maybe the dealer will have better luck ?

Old 05-18-2007, 08:17 PM
chukar
Rookie

If it is an auto be careful at the dealer (personally I don't) but lots of others on here take it to the dealer for some easy fix, then it sounds like the trucks get possessed when in reverse with the door open hooking up to a trailer and such.

If I remember correctly, it is something that once done, cannot be undone.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:10 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the 06's it says to stand next to truck and hold unlock button down for about 10 secs then push the lock button or something to that effect. My lights flash but no honking. Also all doors unlock as well. Hope that helps

Old 05-19-2007, 05:29 PM
charzman

The backup-honk-door thing was stock with my truck. I didn't know anything about that until I was backing up my travel trailer at a campground at 2am. Needless to say it scared the ever lovin you know what out of me. Noisy enough to pass gas at night in a campground but the honking really pissed a few people off, I'm sure. I'll go out and mess with the keyless AGAIN and see if I can get this to work.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Charles Darwin
Rookie

ORIGINAL: chukar

Can't help on the honking when you lock, the lights on mine flash when locking (came like that). I did read the manual to turn off the stupid dinger for the seatbelt, but after 2 or 3 times I gave up and just leave the thing buckled and get in and out over the top of it.
Does the manual say how to do that? I never found that, but am for sure going to look further!
Can you post the method, in case I don't find it?
I've already turned off the honking when I lock the doors, but it took perhaps 5-10 tries until I succeded.

Quick Reply: Keyless entry unlock/honk settings