Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Opinions truck on Ebay??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions truck on Ebay??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...em120225237234

I'm looking at this truck now and I'm really considering getting it. I mean 15k for that truck is right along blue book and I have a jeep I can sell for 5k easy so I mean 10k financed for a few years I can afford easily with my job now. and this thing looks sick. I can't find any stick shift CTD's near me. I want a 2nd gen 12 or 24v don't really care. It's hard to find a 12v in good shape tho. so what you guys think of this. would buying a truck on ebay be a terrible idea. I dunno what to think. I'm exhausting all options because I can't afford new. and there are only two CTD's with stick shifts within 100 miles of my zip and they are beat.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:26 PM
woligator
Record Breaker
Default RE: Opinions truck on Ebay??

look like a nice truck buddy!
ive boug beasty on ebay and im glad i did
as for mileage 148796miles it not that abd as this engine will e easily see 500'000

Old 02-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Ben D.
Champion

yea it is a good looking truck no doubt in that. with selling my jeep I can afford this np. I notice a few pieces of interior plastic is chipped. seat belt guide and the plastic side of drivers seat. it is pretty sick tho. How do you go about buying one off ebay wolli. I'm most worried about payment. like how do I pay them. lol I'm in pa they're in texas. I see shipping is 700 for it to be put on a car carrier and brought here. shipping would be the other thing? howd you take care of it all wolli.

I took a look at the engine bay pic and it looks really good. if the engine is clean it is usually a good way to tell if it was taken care of.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Watermelon
Captain

Ben, Unless you can go and see the truck in person, I personally would not buy it. There are plenty of 12valve and 24 valve trucks here in SC for sale. It is a whole lot closer than Texas. And also make sure it is not the dreaded 53" block. The truck does look nice but in person, out in the light looks tend to change. Go on Auto trader before you make your mind up. Good luck either way you go.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Ben D.
Champion

that's where i've been looking lol autotrader and only found two. I dunno watermelon that's exaclty what I was thinking but I need to think about it and i've got time. at truck like that won't sell ina day I have to think about it all.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:38 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

i hired a broker,it costem me 500 to take the truck in pennsylvania and to deliver it right to my door in quebec

Old 02-23-2008, 03:54 PM
G0tMudd
Veteran

dont laugh but that is 20 miles from my house. If u want send me a message i can get a vido recorder and head down there lol.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:02 PM
2007 SLT Hemi Power
Professional

ORIGINAL: Watermelon

Ben, Unless you can go and see the truck in person, I personally would not buy it. There are plenty of 12valve and 24 valve trucks here in SC for sale. It is a whole lot closer than Texas. And also make sure it is not the dreaded 53" block. The truck does look nice but in person, out in the light looks tend to change. Go on Auto trader before you make your mind up. Good luck either way you go.
yea, what he said...

Old 02-23-2008, 08:04 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

Ben, I more or less bought mine before I "saw" it. It was 800 miles away and I made a trip to pick it up after having only seen pictures (crappy pictures at that). When I got there, it became obvious that the dealer had "forgot to mention" a few spots of very minor body damage and completely shot front u-joints. Needless to say, I was pissed. The dealer gave me $1000 off the price of the truck for the shortcomings, but the thing about that was, I coulda said no. If you buy on eBay, you're obligating yourself to the purchase. Since GOtMudd is offering, I'd have him check into that one for you before you find yourself bashing your head into a wall.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:21 PM
6inarow
Professional

VERY SHARP RIG!! but then I AM kinda partial to black second gens! Have that fella take a look and go for a spin, It would make me feel a lot better about buying if it were me. Very nice, good luck!

Quick Reply: Opinions truck on Ebay??