Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel
View Poll Results: A poll
stay and try to work it out (for the kids)
33.33%
live as roomates with rules (for the kids)
6.67%
kick her out
40.00%
leave myself.
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

o.t. what to do

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008 | 07:12 PM
JimmyDiablo
|
Champion
Default o.t. what to do

Found out last night that my wife has been talking to some guy in San Diego. I called him and he informed me that she told him that she was divorced. I asked her she of course denied the whole thing at first ( 416 minutes in the past month of phone calls) She then said just a friend and he has a gf. I slept in Diablo last night as I did not want to lose it at home. I told her that we are through. what do you think I should do

Old 02-27-2008 | 07:25 PM
ds06
Professional
Default RE: o.t. what to do

wow man, that sucks. I think before you really make any decision, you need to sit down and seriously talk to her, not yell, just talk. Make a decision out of that conversation. But you can't just stay with someone you really can't get along with just so the kids have a mom and dad under one roof...ya know?

Old 02-27-2008 | 07:36 PM
JimmyDiablo
|
Champion

but you did not vote

Old 02-27-2008 | 07:59 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

im sorry jimmy but i wont vote either....that a whole different thing to give advice on this....
Im just trying to make thing clear...she only talk to him or she slept whit him?
before finding this out did u noticed something or all was perfect in the world?

everything is not so great in my world as everyone but i try to work out every situations to an happy ending for everyone...
life is all about sorting things out to make choice and live whit the result of thoses choices...
ask urself what U did to make her do that?
and what U can do to make things go smoothly any way u choose it to go...
Discuss whit her about that anyway it cant be worse than that jsut better...

and of course she wont tell the truth right away,mind that if u were her,would u anwser truthfully right away or try to make it out of it?
U surprised her and shes not prepared to that, let her think about that,the worst thing she can do is leaving and ur thinking about it anyway so let her some time to think about
her,you and ur kids...maybe even diablo can help

Old 02-27-2008 | 08:09 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

Yimmy

I do not understand how you could "leave yourself".

guess all of us guys just need to find a house, split the mortgage and make sure theres plenty of room for trucks to be worked on and parties by the pool

take old man Sharx "DF moon estates" and start a "DF earth colony"

Old 02-27-2008 | 08:11 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Jimmy, I wont vote either. But as a kid who had his parents divorce when he was a younger kid, I do have some advise for you. Talk to your kids. Find out what they want. Also if it just isn't working anymore, don't try and pass it off as perfect for the kids sake. It is cheesy as hell and paper thin, you can see right through it. I know I was somewhat happy when my parents divorced, less fighting, I was able to do more things, but the first year was the hardest. Thats why I say to talk to your kids about what they truly want. If things do turn for the worst, (I am sure you will do this), but do your hardest to make sure you see your kids on a regular basis. Oh, and, pay your child support

Old 02-27-2008 | 08:27 PM
JimmyDiablo
|
Champion

ORIGINAL: Kev_n_AZ

Yimmy

I do not understand how you could "leave yourself".

guess all of us guys just need to find a house, split the mortgage and make sure theres plenty of room for trucks to be worked on and parties by the pool

take old man Sharx "DF moon estates" and start a "DF earth colony"

I would leave so the kids are covered with a place to stay, I would help financially. I am off owrk in 1/2 hour and she and I are going to have a little talk.

Old 02-27-2008 | 08:30 PM
JimmyDiablo
|
Champion

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

Jimmy, I wont vote either. But as a kid who had his parents divorce when he was a younger kid, I do have some advise for you. Talk to your kids. Find out what they want. Also if it just isn't working anymore, don't try and pass it off as perfect for the kids sake. It is cheesy as hell and paper thin, you can see right through it. I know I was somewhat happy when my parents divorced, less fighting, I was able to do more things, but the first year was the hardest. Thats why I say to talk to your kids about what they truly want. If things do turn for the worst, (I am sure you will do this), but do your hardest to make sure you see your kids on a regular basis. Oh, and, pay your child support
My parents divorced when I was in the 2nd grade and it was not a nice one. I would not put my kids through a bad divorce. Anyone that knows me knows that my kids ar a major priority. I take my older boy with me anywhere I can if he wants to go. My younger son is still a little too young plus he is developmenttaly a little behind as he was a premie and had a 4th degree bleed in his brain. But we still play around.

Old 02-27-2008 | 08:57 PM
73Jim
Veteran

The only thing I can say is don't let your emotions drive you to a decision you are not 100% sure of. Sounds like it could just be some flirting, not that it is ok but a LONG way from cheating. If you’re a God fearing man, pray, if not don’t. I hope everything works out for you and your family.

Old 02-27-2008 | 09:10 PM
behindbars

Man if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any.

I didn't vote either. I think this is something you're gonna have to go alone. I was lucky enough to have 2 loving parents that got along great and are still married 35 years later. I'm goin on 7 years with my wife and can't imagine things without her. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Quick Reply: o.t. what to do