Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

BigRiver Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Aero Ram
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BigRiver Tranny

I took the truck up to SunCoast yesterday to get my TC, VB, Input Shaft, Flexplate done. well the $3200 quote I got, he forgot tax and labor so it came out to over $4000. Adding up what he was going to do to my tranny later on would be another $4000, so I was looking at $8000 area all said and done. Well I backed out, I got on ATS to price the set-up BigRiver has. Stage 4 ATS (which includes everything I was gonna get and a new tranny) for $5900 (parts only) and I'm gonna check around and see if I can find an ATS near me or find someone that will install it here. I'm pretty sure I'm doin the right thing here!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:44 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Default RE: BigRiver Tranny

ORIGINAL: Aero Ram

I took the truck up to SunCoast yesterday to get my TC, VB, Input Shaft, Flexplate done. well the $3200 quote I got, he forgot tax and labor so it came out to over $4000. Adding up what he was going to do to my tranny later on would be another $4000, so I was looking at $8000 area all said and done. Well I backed out, I got on ATS to price the set-up BigRiver has. Stage 4 ATS (which includes everything I was gonna get and a new tranny) for $5900 (parts only) and I'm gonna check around and see if I can find an ATS near me or find someone that will install it here. I'm pretty sure I'm doin the right thing here!
You gotta do what you're able to. That price is dead on thought. I have $7300 into mine. For the full metal jacket with any of the top trans builders... that's what it's gonna cost.

You have to keep in mind how much it's gonna cost you to send you trans to ATS and labor for doing to work. You need to ask ATS who in your area is qualified to build it for you.

IMHO.... I'd go to your neighbor Suncoast. If or when you ever have trouble.... they're right there. I've seen too many problems in logistics going with ATS. They are a good company though.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:53 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

I'm pretty sure I'm doin the right thing here!
Name:  greatideaanmation.gif
Views: 24
Size:  4.8 KB

Old 03-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Mayfair
Legend

BOTH prices quoted scare the crap outta me.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

BOTH prices quoted scare the crap outta me.
+1 bajillion!! [&:]

I would have been pissed if the guy quoted me $3200, then said "oops, looked like I forgot something here, so after you spent your time to come in here, expecting to pay the $3200 I told you, I will get you for another $800 cause' I can."

Old 03-26-2008, 12:04 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

my tranny rebuild ran $3800 bux... HD TC, kevlar band & heavy duty clutches. Works great, never a slip and never misses a beat. I think if your going to drag your truck, go for the gold... otherwise a good HD rebuild with a hd tc should do it.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Aero Ram
All Star

Does anyone know how much it would be to have an ATS Stage 4 set-up installed.I found a dealer in Meridian, MS which would be about a 4.5hour drive for me, do they have "mini dealers" or allow certain other shops to install their set-ups and still retain the warrenty?

(I tried to call but I woke up to late...)

BigRiver where you at and what did your run ya?

Old 03-26-2008, 07:48 PM
behindbars

BigRiver where you at and what did your run ya?
He's camping this week. He'll be back next week.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Aero Ram
All Star

Well shoot, I'm bout to go "campin" for 3-4 months myself and don't want the girl using the truck with the trans the way it is. Bet BigRiver is having a great time blowing black soot through the mountains without a worry in the world with his nice Stage 4 set-up, having not the slightest concern as to how my tranny is doin...

At least my boy Behind Bars took time outta starrin at the walls of his jail cell to tell me he was gone, thanks bud.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Twoforme2
Veteran

I dont know where you are located, I am guessing maybe GA??? Only because of your mention of FL and MS.

You might wanna check out Goerend...they have installers in places "kinda" in that area...FL, GA, NC, and TN
Look here
http://www.goerend.com/installers.php

Quick Reply: BigRiver Tranny