Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Seat Belt Extender

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2023 | 01:52 AM
Markin
|
Amateur
Default Seat Belt Extender

Hey guys,

So, I have a really odd problem. The front passenger belt is not working, and by not working I mean there does not seem to be enough length in the belt to be able to buckle it...but not enough with the seat empty. I opened up the plastic casing to see if it is that the reel is not unwinding totally, but it is. I have been playing about with the van for a while and I think it may have had an extender that I have removed and since misplaced. So at the moment I cannot take anybody as a front passenger. I have been looking around at universal seat belt extenders, but I am not sure if I trust their integrity or fit in case of an accident.

I have been looking on MOPAR sites and have found that this is an official extender for my 1994 Van, but it seems to be discontinued:-

I know it is a VERY LONG shot, but would anyone have one of these that they don´t use that they would be willing to sell me and ship to Spain? If not, can anyone recommend an aftermarket option that is safe?

I am also not even sure if that part would work because, mine is a Winnebago conversion van and I am pretty sure that many things on the van are specific to them.....and there´s no way Winnebago are keeping seatbelt parts in stock for a 30 year old van. At some point in the future I will need to probably change the rear bench selt belts aswell as the plastic casings of the latches are totally broken, but until then I am trying to get by with some quick fixes.

Thanks

Old 09-15-2023 | 08:06 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Oh. Spain..... No dodge dealers around? When I worked at the chevy dealer, all you had to do was ask, and we would GIVE them one.....

Old 09-15-2023 | 08:49 AM
Markin
|
Amateur

There are Dodge dealers around yes, but as the 1994 B250 was never sold officially in Europe then I doubt they would be able to source parts. But hey, I´m going to give it a go just in case. Thanks

Old 09-16-2023 | 07:45 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Worth a shot.

Old 09-18-2023 | 06:05 AM
Markin
|
Amateur

Well, it turns out there are no longer any official Dodge dealers in Spain hahahahahaha. As it seems all of the MOPAR parts sites are stating this item as unavailable, anybody know of reputable companies who make seat belt extenders that could work on my van? If not I can see me having to pay out big bucks for a complete new custom made seat belt here in Spain.

Old 09-18-2023 | 08:16 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Can you get a part number? If so, do a search on that number. Maybe someone has one layin' around.

Old 09-18-2023 | 08:17 AM
Markin
|
Amateur

It is Mopar Part Number 4402887

Old 09-19-2023 | 06:14 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

84 to 01.... Wow. No one seems to have stock...... I can't find 'em anywhere.....

Old 09-19-2023 | 06:21 AM
Markin
|
Amateur

Thanks for looking. I found one second hand in Arizona and am waiting on the quote with shipment.

I am however contemplating changing both front seat belts and the 3 rear seat belts on the bench seats. The front driver belt doesn´t retract very well, the front passenger belt I discovered this morning is not original as it has a different tongue size and shape, and doesn´t extend far enough to meet the receiver and doesn´t retract well. Then on the rear bench all 3 plastic housings from the receivers are either broken or missing, and the lap belt tongue part is rusted like hell. I am looking on the SeatBeltsPlus website in the US and they have conversion van belts that seem to fit my needs, but no international shipping. Goddam, I should have never bought this van. I have already spent over 1000 Euros in maintenance and air con repair since buying it less than a year ago, and now will have to add at least another 600 euros to that to get the seat belts sorted. Luckily I sold my 2018 Hyundai Tucson to have money for the up keep of the van.

Old 09-19-2023 | 12:00 PM
nibroc
Captain

sorry for your heartache

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Extender