Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Just purchased new Dodge!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 09:46 PM
3maunaolu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased new Dodge!!

It finally happened. I purchased a long needed one ton truck. The process has been nearly a year thinking / debating / waiting. I originally was going to buy a Ford 350 SuperCab but after so many complaints about the engine (6.Oh no) I veered away and went with the Dodge (test drive helped too). Wondering if I got a good price (claims the dealer) as well: 3500 Quad HO CTD 6Spd, Trailer Tow, Lighting, Big Horn, Premium Cloth, Sliding Rear, Fold Flat Floor, Tow Mirrors - List was $40,350 including $500 "regional discount". Out the door at $30,766. Seems to be a good deal, do you think?

Now I'm debating the following any input or referrences to links are very welcome:
bed liner (Line-X v. Rhino) - I tried searching the forum but no luck
window tints - thoughts on tinting front passenger and maybe windshield
Larger tires - moving toward 305's as most probable to fit without any problems. anybody have pictures?
Flooring - I want to swap out carpet for vinyl or rubber or maybe Rhino Lining - anybody done this or know where I can order flooring?

any other "must have" mods?

Thanks for any and all comments. this is a great site and really helped me in finalising my decision to buy.

Old 03-13-2005, 09:48 PM
3maunaolu
Default RE: Just purchased new Dodge!!

Forgot to mention - 4x4 too.

Old 03-15-2005, 03:20 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

tint, the rear windows LIMO TINT 5% front 20-35%

do u like bass'y music? then get some nice subs in there, personaly i havnt looked into the 3500 q/c.. but i think they have more room under the rear seats. if not then id just suggest stay stock, or just replace the door components.

the line-x vrs rhino... there isnt much diff cept maby the price... both get the job done.

heres some links

http://www.usspeedonline.com/page/U/CTGY/Ram

I LOVE THIS bed cover, http://www.peragon.com/product_index.html

Old 03-16-2005, 04:36 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know about the bed liner. For the tint are the rear window colored glass as in do they already appear to be tinted? If not I would tint them but I don't know if I would go with 5% as thats what I went with on my old Ram50 when I replaced the rear window and it is a pain in the *** to see out of at night. Nearly impossible unless there are lights behind you and from the outside I like it but driving in a parking lot at night is a PITA so I don't know that I would go that dark again although I might. I would check your local laws for front tints and probably go as dark as I could. Some states you also can't tint your windshield at all other than the 6" strip at the top. For tires BFG Mud Terrains seem to last a long time on pavement and do pretty good off road also I don't know what type of tire you are really looking for though. If it was me I would probably change the rims and exhaust and maybe the stereo. If it isn't any better than my 01 Ram I would definately add a sub or two.

Old 03-16-2005, 04:38 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

ORIGINAL: |3|ackAc|D

tint, the rear windows LIMO TINT 5% front 20-35%

do u like bass'y music? then get some nice subs in there, personaly i havnt looked into the 3500 q/c.. but i think they have more room under the rear seats. if not then id just suggest stay stock, or just replace the door components.

the line-x vrs rhino... there isnt much diff cept maby the price... both get the job done.

heres some links

http://www.usspeedonline.com/page/U/CTGY/Ram

I LOVE THIS bed cover, http://www.peragon.com/product_index.html
From looking at your Car domain site looks like you and I run the same subs. Well close I run the dual voice coil 4ohms wired for 2ohms you said 2ohm so I assume yours is the dual voice coil 2 ohm ones. How do you like yours?

Old 03-16-2005, 02:31 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

yea i got the dual 2ohms because im going to be buyin a KX600.1 which pushes out 600 watts x 1 ch @ 2ohms and if i wire it correctly it be a perfect match. right now i have a 2 channel kx800.2 amp in there, which at 4 ohms it pushes out 200 watts, which is underpowering it, but thats alright THEY sound awsome. im just afraid of what will happend when i start delivering 300 to each @_@ lol

im going to be havin the audio shop make me a fiberglass box, prolly cost me like 200-350$ depending if i want ported or not. do we have the same box?

oh and i love these subs, i would of loved to of bought some L5's 10" or 12" but money is always an issue, picked these 2 subs up for 100$ on ebay, im extreamly lucky!

Old 03-16-2005, 04:20 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 164 Likes on 151 Posts

you got the 610 in 4x4? Report back when you find something you cant pull with it...although it might take a few years... 10K off the sticker is pretty common at dodge. Also, i think the axle should be D70(?) with 4.10's, you shouldn't have a problem wih bigger tires.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:02 PM
Drew
Professional

the axels are not DANA's, their AAM's

the only thing you have to watch out for are the ball joints. they are finding them to be going out after a while, but you do get good service out of them.

you'll love the diesel, but my question about the tranny is (since you said it's a 6 spd) where is reverse??? right and up, or left and ??? if it is up and on the right side of 5th gear, then you have the NV5600, a very good tranny. if it's in another location you have the GETRAG G56. it is what Dodge used many moons ago on their 2/3500 trucks, however switched over to the New Venture trannies and proved to be a good move.

BTW, you did get a good deal on that truck

some other sites that I go to about the cummins are turbo diesel register, best $35 a year Ive spent on my truck. diesel ram.com good info here too. and diesel truck resource.

enjoy your truck!!!

Old 03-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Grr287
Captain

Definitely tint the windows....that always adds a tuff look......and definitely go with a SPRAY ON bed liner. (the bed liner will be where your money is best spent.....they can go thru anything)

Old 03-18-2005, 03:55 AM
3maunaolu

Thanks for the thoughts.
Having a little run around with the dealer about delivery charges. They fouled/delayed some of the paperwork causing me to incur additional shipping charges which they are not willing to eat or share because they are "upside down" over $1200 - go figure.
As for tires, I have the BFG A/Ts on my current truck and love them; just not sure what size to put on the 3500 without any rubbing or mods.
Magnethead, what color is your truck? do you have any other pics?

thanks again,

Quick Reply: Just purchased new Dodge!!