Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 08:12 PM
nathanp
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)

I had ridden in my girlfriends Ram 2500 Cummins, and fell in love with it right then.
haha i woulda fallen in love with the girl as well. A girl drivin a cummins :P haha. I drive a truck cause i do lots of off-roading, farm so need a truck to go in the fields, down dirt roads, plus i am a huge sledder in winter, alot easier throwing a sled on the back of the truck then hauling a trailer around with a car, and last of all, i love big trucks, being bigger then everyone else on the road. Nothing is better then pulling up behind a little honda at a light and not being able to see the rear end of the car, must be scarry lookin in the mirror to see a big huge grill on their *** haha

Old 10-25-2006, 02:03 AM
04ram4x4

I just love trucks they look good go fast good for work and fun to play in the mud.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hauling, 4x4 ability, and towing. Those are my main reasons, and in that order as far as importance goes. A car just doesn't cut it for any of these options, and SUV's are limited in what they can haul (you wouldn't really want to ever put a ton of top soil in the back of an SUV for example).

Old 10-26-2006, 12:34 AM
4x4oli
Rookie

ORIGINAL: 1 cowboy

ORIGINAL: 4x4oli

How much is gas over there?
ORIGINAL: 1 cowboy

we dont have to many trucks here,we have plenty of your cars, and the american car scene is very big here, but i wanted a truck a Dodge truck, cos its big,beautifull,sounds frigin awesome, the gas prices are a bit scary, but we always hire a trucks when we are over your side of the pond,we play cowboys aswell so it all fits in nicely, if your in billy bobs end of nov,i,ll buy you a Bud,
about 8 bucks a gallon, so you see when we come to your side of the pond and do 4 thousand miles in 2 weeks, gas isnt a problem,,
[:-] That's INSANE!! Well I got a Ram cause it was a good trade, I had to unload a '97 A4 nicely modded, because I was tired of drivign a princess, and my buddy traded me his '00 Ram with 88 000 km (my A4 had 152 000 km). I just figured, even with the gas consumption it'd be a nice trade, plus I'd like to stick to pick ups for our winters, or at the lowest, a Subaru (which I've had in the past).

Old 10-29-2006, 11:40 AM
2007 SLT Hemi Power
Professional

because I am always hauling something and I like to sit above the traffic...if you have a house seems like you always need a truck to haul something. I just traded my F250 for my New 2007 and I really like the interior and love the way it looks outside. I had serious problems with the Ford a real moneypit. I never had any problems with my 93 dodge..so I came back..

Old 10-29-2006, 09:18 PM
calisurferdude

Let's see...after driving the 97 Geo Metro that my parents had, (too many close calls with F-350's hauling horse trailers in Colorado), I couldn't pass up the $800 that my brother wanted for the 96 that I now own...(I shoulda stuck with the Toyota that I have...my brother wasn't exactly mister keep it in good shape). And the fact that now when my Dodge is down I drive my girlfriend's 89 Grand Am (I feel little and not too safe in it *looks around nervously* ).

Old 11-04-2006, 03:29 PM
JarheadX
All Star

I used to have a 1983 Camaro w/ a built 350. Fast. Then I bought this truck off my dad and sold the camaro. If Iwas to have a car it would be a built 8cyl. No gas saver. Plus in a truck, you can have the most fun going 5mph over ****. Besides it makes me the boss of the road.

Old 11-04-2006, 03:47 PM
theSoup_33

Have always had a truck since my first vehicle, an 89' Nissan. Totalled that and have had Dodges ever since, two Dakotas (89 and 94). I mainly used my truck for work, I install all types of floor covering, but after the last Dakota which was a single cab, my family has grown (a 2 year old and one on the way) so a QC was the way to go. Its just a safer feeling being in a solid truck. The last Dakota I had was in a pretty decent 3 car accident, and although it was eventually totalled, it was the only car to drive away from the accident. Gotta love solid steel bumpers. lol

edit:I forgot the most important reason, 4 wheeling in the snow, which here in Mass. is a give in every year.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:34 PM
helmsa
Professional

ORIGINAL: sreitz

I wanted to get in touch with my inner redneck.
For me that says it all, except I really am a redneck...I started driving my dads trucks on the ranch when I was 10 or so...Soon after I started pulling our stock trailer around the ranch and backing them up myself. I've been hooked on trucks all of my life I guess. My first truck was a 1988 Ford Ranger with a flat bed on it (ranch truck), then a 1984 Toyota (off roading truck), then my wife's 1992 Toyota (commuter truck), now my truck. The specs are in my signature, but it is a family/fun truck for hauling horses, hay, camping gear.

When I went to school the parents helped me buy a car for "gas milage" (between the toyotas)...well they may get good gas milage, but you can't off road them...

Old 11-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Hrolfr

First car was a dodge D-50 (The baby pick-up)
Then moved into a dakota
Lost my mind and got a Durango (was sick of "friends" needing help moving)
Found my mind and got a 1500

Towing a small trailer for all my camping needs ( I do medieval re-enactment a 10ft x 20 ft 15ft tall tent will not fit in a car/truck nore will the wooden queen size bed modeled after a bed found at a viking dig site)

oh and I am a Tall and Fat guy that likes a lot of room!!

Quick Reply: WHY DID YOU BUY A TRUCK? (survey)