Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

motor spins over easy,no compression

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 04:39 PM
gotalovedodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor spins over easy,no compression

i had to replace the plate for the crankshaft pasitioning sencer bcuz my power stearing belt broke and wraped around it shearing the pins.i put on new plate aline the timeing belt perfect(retimed the belt 5 to 6 times b4 i got it right)im positive the timeing belt is right checked it over and over.the motor spends over easy with no compression,scratched my head numerous times and checked everything i can think of.put air into number one cylinder,nothing,put air into cylinders 3 r 6 it spitts out the oil i dumbed into the other cylinders,looked closly at the piston tops with a scope appears to not have a hole on the pistons,plus no air comes out the dipstick hole,so i no its not a busted pisten.im at a lost here guys someone please help.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:07 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: motor spins over easy,no compression

When your timing belt got knocked off track, there is a very good chance your valves hit your pistons, thus causing no compression.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:16 PM
gotalovedodge

but the timeing belt never came off nor did it jump timeing?the powers stearing bely came off and wraped arond the crancshaft sencer

Old 02-15-2008, 10:30 PM
gotalovedodge

You must b right,bent valves.Bringing the car to my house tommorrow,althou its nice to use a lift my friends shop is to far away.Im first going to pull the intake to check the back valves,bcuz the front ones seem to b working perfectly.So hopefully the problem is in the back with a valve,bcuz id b pissed if its still the timeing.But u have to b right the belt must have jumped and bent some valves.Ive worked on lots of other cars but never a dodge stealth so theres a first time for everything.Any pointers anyone can give me on pulling the heads will b apprieciated,and if i remember right never worked on a dohc motor,but have been doing macanic work for 12 r so years.So if you no i way to make this easier any pointers only a stealth owner would know please tell me.thank you for ur time

Old 02-16-2008, 02:58 AM
thestealth
Champion

Short of a factory service manuel, nearly all of the information you might need is on Stealth316.com. I've read that it's just the intake valves that get hit when it jumps time.
http://www.stealth316.com/0-home.htm

Old 02-16-2008, 01:04 PM
gotalovedodge

Thanks for the site!!!About to get started tareing it down,wish me luck.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:57 AM
thestealth
Champion

Good luck!

Old 02-17-2008, 07:10 PM
gotalovedodge

Well took the heads off 12 bent intake valves.No exost valves bent.Pistons r fine exept for some pings,but no major damage.As far as i can see the valves seats look fine 2.And takeing it all apart wasnt as bad as i thought,so now ill start looking for valves,anyone have some used let me know.thanks for the good luck it worked a little.

Quick Reply: motor spins over easy,no compression