Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

the new generation of jeeps

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:41 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default the new generation of jeeps

http://www.allpar.com/trucks/jeep/liberty-2008.html

heres the liberty.... honestly.. these things look like square shaped tirds..... to damn boxy.. what the hell is chrysler doing now.... from nice smooth surfaces to cars and trucks shapped after a 5 year old playing with cardboard boxes... soon the wheels are gonna be square...... yikes dude

Old 10-25-2006, 04:17 PM
JeepInfoCenter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the new generation of jeeps

Have you seen the 2007 Wrangler's and the 2007 Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door's? Do you like the 'Wind In Your Hair' kind of ride? The Wrangler has spent the last 65 years as the only true convertible 4x4—and it's just one reason why the Wrangler experience can't be matched. Taking the top off makes life a little more adventurous.

What are your thoughts on them?

Kelly S

Old 10-25-2006, 05:10 PM
stump_breaker
Captain

I think D/C needs to be very careful of anymore updates or changes of the Wrangler. They are getting real close to changing it too much and losing their TJ/LJ/CJ customer base. I think the 4 door is a good idea though.
How about beefing up the control arms, track bar, bushings and making it a little more tough so at 15k miles on a new Jeep I'm not developing death wobble and having to upgrade parts?
The mutiple piece hard top is a great idea. My one-piece on the Unlimited is a total b!tch to take off and on.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:03 AM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hate how the grill looks on the wrangler... its signature look was a straight up grill... a grill not at an angle... plus its too square.... i know im picky but i loved the wrangler's since i was 3.... my first wrangler was a jeep wrangler powerwheels... 2 years old.. yeeep i was hardcore

Old 10-27-2006, 06:36 PM
JeepInfoCenter

f0x672...lol...That's really cool A jeep wrangler powerwheel! That's great to hear!

Thanks guys for your feedback, it's fabulous and much appreciated. This kind of feedback helps DaimlerChrysler produce vehicles to your liking.

If there is more, or anyone else wants to add in, please do...I'll be around

Thanks again guys.

Kelly S

Old 10-30-2006, 02:20 PM
9612v

they need to be very careful with the changes, there coming out with a lot of other vehicles why change the wrangler. leave things alone if there isn't a problem. if its not broke don't fix it.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:01 PM
djk69

first off, i think the 07 wrangler unmilited is butt ugly. to me it looks like DC hacked up a liberty so that they can have a soft top and removable 4 doors. the two door is more traditional and isnt as hateful, but could use some refinements in the looks. secondly, what was DC thinking when the started putting independent front suspension on some "Jeep" models? real jeeps have solid front axles!

Old 11-01-2006, 06:23 PM
stump_breaker
Captain

And one other thing, give me back my 4.0 I-6 or an equivelant thereof. I like an engine that produces 80% of it's torque under 2000 rpm's!

Old 11-01-2006, 08:12 PM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 9612v

they need to be very careful with the changes, there coming out with a lot of other vehicles why change the wrangler. leave things alone if there isn't a problem. if its not broke don't fix it.
vechiles need updates, it actually turned out pretty well and a lot of the CJ,YJ, and TJ guys love the new JK. the only bad thing is the I6 getting the boot. It came out really nice and I give the designers two thumbs up.

Honestly Jeep needs to stop making FWD based vechiles, thats just stupid. Thats the big topic among Jeep guys, if it isnt wheelable or you cant make it wheelable, it shouldnt be a Jeep

And this talk about Jeep lossing there loyal customers.... not any time soon. There is NO other company out there that can offer a vechile like the Wrangler for that price.

Old 11-02-2006, 06:34 AM
ILLXJ
Rookie

ORIGINAL: f0x672

http://www.allpar.com/trucks/jeep/liberty-2008.html

heres the liberty.... honestly.. these things look like square shaped tirds..... to damn boxy.. what the hell is chrysler doing now.... from nice smooth surfaces to cars and trucks shapped after a 5 year old playing with cardboard boxes... soon the wheels are gonna be square...... yikes dude
Let's see. They got rid of the Cherokee for the Liberty. Now they are changing the Libby to look more like the Cherokee. Let's hope they pull thier heads out & bring out an updated version of the 4L. If they do that, a SAS isn't that hard & it will be what they should have built. JMO. JIM.

Quick Reply: the new generation of jeeps