Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: official specs for g8 released

Niiice

Old 10-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Importkiller1

with a base proce of 29k, i think it'll be a reasonable price
unforunately the word is that it won't come with a manual tranny.

what a shame

Old 10-11-2007, 08:06 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Importkiller1

with a base proce of 29k, i think it'll be a reasonable price
unforunately the word is that it won't come with a manual tranny.

what a shame
Wrong.

GM has already stated that the G8 will feature both a 6spd auto and manual transmission. There is however a delay on the 6spd manual. They wont be available at initial release...

Old 10-12-2007, 10:35 PM
thehemiman12345
All Star

i thinkthe new g8kinda looks like a VIII lancer cause of the split grille and a little like an acura tl also....

Old 10-13-2007, 09:59 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so the "official information" doesnt list a manual transmission and it lists the power as "355+"?

GM has tried so hard to hype this car...but its nothing more than a slightly lighter, and slightly more powerful opponent to the 5.7L sedans...theyre a day late and a dollar short. there are already debagded holdens around here, and im just not impressed...the GXP had better have the LS7 if they want to stand any real chance in the performance sedan market.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:25 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

I think its the manual trans thats the dagger to the lx cars. I'd buy a g8 over a 300 for that reason alone.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Importkiller1

well how come the manual wasn't offered when the car is released is my question. its quite bothersome to me

Old 10-15-2007, 08:23 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: SHAPman

I think its the manual trans thats the dagger to the lx cars. I'd buy a g8 over a 300 for that reason alone.
361hp/385ftlbs of torque with a manual tranny - I concur.....I'll take that over a 5spd slushbox anyday...

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

so the "official information" doesnt list a manual transmission and it lists the power as "355+"?

GM has tried so hard to hype this car...but its nothing more than a slightly lighter, and slightly more powerful opponent to the 5.7L sedans...theyre a day late and a dollar short. there are already debagded holdens around here, and im just not impressed...the GXP had better have the LS7 if they want to stand any real chance in the performance sedan market.

Gotta disagree here...

1.) The manual transmission, since day 1, has been slated to be released later then the release of the car. Pontiac has confirmed this on several articles since the release of this car.

2.) The LS series motors have been proven time and time and time again....the LS3 motor, which replaces the base motor in the Corvette and will also be offered in the Camaro, is a 430hp/424ftlbs of torque. I remember reading that the LS3 would debut in the G8, but since the LS2/L98 motor is being retired, it will most likely happen mid-model down the road. They did it with the LS1/LS2 in the GTO, so it would not surprise me here.

3. The new Blue Devil Corvette, or ZR1, whichever you want to call it, is getting an as yet not named LS block motor. The LS7 will become the mid model in the Corvette. The CTS-V Cadillac will receive a non-supercharged version of this new motor in 2008 with 525hp.

4. With the release of the G8, there is not any GXP model currently scheduled.....although there are rumors that a LS7 powered GXP model might be possible

ORIGINAL: Importkiller1

well how come the manual wasn't offered when the car is released is my question. its quite bothersome to me
Honestly, its just the way some cars are released. For example, most high end performance models like the Subaru WRX STi or the Lancer Evo's are not immediately released when the basic Subaru's and Lancer's are. These models are genuinely released a short time period later. The same thing is happening here.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:20 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im not sure what you dont agree with...?

youre just stating a bunch of speculated points. dont get me wrong, much of them could turn out to be true, but things like the LS7 becoming the mid level engine, is only hopeful right now. i read all of the rumors too, especially about vettes and the blue devil/ss/Z07 isnt going to take the place of the Z06...its most likely going to be a limited run supercar...with a price tag to match.

however, the LS7 in the G8 would make sense for their high end model...but thats why i said, theyre going to need something peppier than that motor to keep up with the srt8 vehicles, especially if these "6.5L" rumors are true.

Quick Reply: official specs for g8 released