Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

srt-4 vs camaro Z28

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 01:47 PM
chud298
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: srt-4 vs camaro Z28

How much money did you lay down. Also see what he has. I know that it takes a lot less money for someone to build up a V8. You can put in 10,000 in performance but it would be equivilent to like 5000 in an 8 and I'm talking about the older camaros. If it's late 80's into 90's lay him out

Old 04-06-2005, 07:16 PM
MonmouthCtyLS7

ORIGINAL: OrochiDio1

LS1 will beat you with exhaust. sorry bro. read some of the chevy mags ls1 bone stock with stock corvette exhaust manifolds and 2 1/2 ehxsuaht made 406 hp to the flywheel. ls1 are very mean. i can barley beat my friends SS with SLP exshaust/throttle body and a K@N..
Dont know what magazine your reading but w/ those mods a LS1 will come nowhere near that power

ive seen a stage 2(ecu/injectors throttle body)LT1 with some 2 1/2 flows run 13.0 at like 120.
What are you talking about?...what exactly is a stage 2 LT1, ive owned/modded several and never heard of that. Injectors,throttle body and a tune might give the LT1 a tenth..somebody buy this guy a clue

Old 04-06-2005, 07:34 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think that it is along the same lines as "bigger subs and some type R decals will give my integra an extra 50hp"...

Old 04-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Grr287
Captain

406 hp to the flywheel, huh?? this is news to me cuz my dad has a 2000 corvette and its only rated at 350 hp.

get some different sources cuz the magazines aren't workin for ya.

Old 04-06-2005, 09:28 PM
moparmanjames
Veteran

Badstrat and Monmouth are correct, Iv'e been reading this post and laughing my *** off.
15 second and 121?? That is serious mph that a properly set up car would easily run in the 10's with.
I ran 11.8 at 115 in 3000ft air quality but my car should be in the mid 11's with that mph.
Iv'e seen low 12's at 120, but that was with a lot of tire spin.
Some of you really ought to get out to the track more often.

Old 04-07-2005, 03:42 AM
OrochiDio1
Professional

first of all the SS that ran a 15 stalled right of the line restarted then took off. second i was reading hot rod mag that did a whole article on the ls1. 3rd the car that did the 13.0 was owned by a old man and that what he said he had and he had some major wheel spin on some what looked like 60 series truck tires on the damn thing, he must have been lying but who cares it was like 5 years ago. as far as track goes i probly have more track expericane than most scince ive raced NASA/SCCA and been draging for years. as far as the ls1 goes from what i remeber in hot rod they used the SAE J-1349 wicth corects data to 60 degree air temp and 29.23hg borometric pressure so the results are greater than real world driving condtions. from what i remember they added the vette maifolds and ran 2 1/2 exshust and maybe have a differant cam spec or something im not sure i didnt really pay too close attention. but whatever you have a "11 sec car" so your the man and know more than me. to bad my datsun with 223whp ran a better time than that on 91 octane. before you comment on that its a 71 datsun 1200 that weighed 1800 with me in it. 60 foots where 1.8's and trap speed where 111-117 i ran a best of 11.7@ 113 that was about 4 years ago tho. i was the first to put a ka24de(91 240sx dohc motor, 50mm mikunis(thats over 1000cfm im sure your dodge doesnt even run that)ported head/custom grind cams (pulled up to 9k) in a 1200 but now i have a tube chassis and a sr20det in it i have a t3/t4 set up and makes 340rwhp @14.5psi with my new set up i havent ran it yet but im sure i can break 10's ive yet to ad the cams/greddy manifold/cam gears/.. but yea like you said i need to get a clue maybe some of my facts are off on the ls1 but then i really dont care. im glad you had a laugh.to bad we whernt talking about how fast your car is. it wasnt about your car it was about a race between him and the camaro. and scince you wanted to show off how fast your car is i thought i would too. whatever. cant wait to see what your gunna write about now. to bad im getting shot at all day here in iraq so i dont have more time to talk to you. id love to hear more about how fast your car is. oh wait this post wasnt about your times slips was it? oh well. i dont want to start argument with you. beacuse i like your car and thats a decent time. i just dont like the fact you came in here acting like i just made it up.

Old 04-07-2005, 06:05 AM
moparmanjames
Veteran

Look Orochi, if youv'e been around the track like you say you have you know that mph is laughable, as an example and to add credibility, I posted my own times that were typical for high to mid 11 second cars.
Others found flaws in your posts as well but since you singled me out, I welcome any challenge that you can bring. I build American V-8 engines as a hobby and to help my friends go fast on a low budget.
I'm not saying I have the baddest car in the world but at 3700 pounds with full exhaust and street tires at 3000ft it's not bad, Hell I also have a 70 Camaro with a 468 and a powerglide that runs 10.6's on pump gas but it's much lighter and has Canfield aluminum heads, the roadrunner only has home ported 516's, again this is here in the desert at altitude, not at sea level.
As for your perdicament in Iraq, quit whining, I was in Bagdad when you were in your Dad's bag! LOL not really, more like Bahrain in '91. Good Luck and come home in one piece so I can spank that Datsun ***. Later

Old 04-07-2005, 04:57 PM
moparmanjames
Veteran

Back to the original topic, 2005 Srt-4, you never know what the other guy has when you race.
He might be close to stock, or he might have a stroked 454 smallblock that he has made to look and sound stockish, plus if he runs nitrous, that could be ugly for you real quick.
I've lined up against guys that I was sure would kill me and I came out on top, but by the same token, I've been beat by a raggedy Firebird that sounded like a tractor and it ended up running low 11's.
My advice is to wait and see how he does against similar competition, watch out if he barely wins or loses, he could be baiting for more money. Just some advice from an old racer thats been around the block.

Old 04-07-2005, 05:23 PM
LS1s Love Skittles

ORIGINAL: Grr287

406 hp to the flywheel, huh?? this is news to me cuz my dad has a 2000 corvette and its only rated at 350 hp.

get some different sources cuz the magazines aren't workin for ya.
The Vette's get the same motor as the f-body's do. The only reason the f-body isn't rated at 350hp is b/c the Vette was. Hard to justify the extra $20k for the same amount of power.

My car put down 325rwhp with just some headers and a lid....going through an automagic with a gear. Similarly mod'ed LS1's put down 350rwhp through a manual.

Old 04-07-2005, 06:24 PM
OrochiDio1
Professional

well if you ever in the sonoma area come to sears point. my 1200 wont be done for another year maybe. need to cut the 9 inch down/add roll cage/ and a few other detals. 340whp sould put me into low 10's easy after the manifold/cam gears/cams i should be in the 370-80whp range easy on some more boost too bad my motor is only a 2.0 not a big block. 370 hp will put me in the 9's so get out that drag project your making to run the 1200,but indeed your times arnt bad for that car. as far as you in desert storm you where probly just a reservist but whatever. thanks for at least wishing me luck. this will make tour number 3 in the sand box. as for those times there are laughable i never said they where good i was just saying them as far as quirky times go i was amazed when i raced that ss when he put that mph down on a 15sec run. later that day he ran a low 12 around the same mph. as far as the old man goes it was a 95 T/A thats sound pretty much stock and thats what he told me so whatever back then i didnt care for the f-bodys with the Lt-1 im sure he had heads/manifold/ and some spray even. well got to get back to work another 12+ hour day in hell.

Quick Reply: srt-4 vs camaro Z28