Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

WTF was that....M3???

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 03:09 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF was that....M3???

Okay...so I was cruising the street where everyone cruises. So I pull up to a stoplight. I'm in the right lane....and as I approach the light I see a BMW. I'm like...whatever. So we're waiting and I hear him revving. So we're still waiting. We both see the light getting ready to change.....he's still revving. Light goes green.....I wait about a second and he doesn't go. So then I take off like normal and then hammer it. He takes off the line pretty good....he chirped his tires going into 2nd. When we quit at around 55-60 he had about a car and half on me. However had this not been about the busiest street in the state and not be infested with cops I would have revved mine and launched it hard from the stoplight and I would have most likely been closer. I got behind him at the next light and saw the M3 badge on the back....WTF?? Is this a real M3 that just didn't try....or is it an imposter?

Old 04-17-2005, 03:26 AM
OrochiDio1
Professional
Default RE: WTF was that....M3???

was it boxy or a new one with the grill in the front fenders and duel exhasut? and considering that a M3 is about 3 seconds faster im pretty sure if it was a m3 he wasnt trying. probly thought you where a srt? 3 second differance is like a srt-4 racing a 05 viper. BIG

Old 04-17-2005, 03:31 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

It was kind of boxy....no dual exhaust. It looked all stock. Yes...I'm sure he thought I was an SRT4. Yeah I know how fast they are....thats why I'm not sure if it actually was one or if he wasn't trying that hard. I know I didn't even redline first or 2nd....not to mention launch it hard. Too many damn cops to be racing on that street. Not that street racing is good anyways.[X(]

Old 04-17-2005, 01:03 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when i was a tech, i saw LOTS of M imposters...but then again, with a moderate amount of work, you can turn a 3 series into a M...cams and head...ecu...my dad has the M ecu and exhaust on his 5 series...and he found the cams, but for used M5 cams, it was 1700 bucks...[:-]

Old 04-18-2005, 12:43 AM
Vader
Champion

My guess is that he just had the Badge. I had an M3 and it was very quick. It was probably a 325.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1014/DDDC8991E0654C2CB2278B0431B205E9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-18-2005, 01:03 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Good call Vader....I've looked at BMW's site and the back end of the BMW I saw looks identical to a 325i. I was almost positive it wasn't an actual M3. Had I launched mine...we probably would have been pretty even...but when I don't rev mine hard from a stop I have to wait for my power to build. [X(]

Old 04-18-2005, 01:15 AM
Vader
Champion

Adding an M3 Badge to a 325 equals adding a Type R sticker to Honda

Old 04-18-2005, 01:18 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

LOL...Are those worth 50hp on BMWs?

Old 04-18-2005, 03:19 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There have been times when someone was messing with me and I don't know exactly what they were in, which I guess is a good thing because if I did get a good look to see what they were in must mean I wasn't the one winning. One was a little red two seater convertible that was an older car and I had only had my '99 Neon R/T for a very short time. He decided he wanted to play and the road was good to go so I went for it and I put him where he belonged, behind me. Beemer owners do seem to think they're Gods gift judging by the ones I see around here on the freeways, they're usually in the fast lane doing 20+MPH over.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:28 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i know i drive differently in the bimmer than in the RT, although the Rt put down better numbers at the track...come on! its a BMW!