Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Just a couple of pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2024, 09:46 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Just a couple of pics

I took some pictures the other day to send Dr.Arts Hotrod Rehab as he was tuning my ecu. Found out about him from UTG and then I saw him tune the ecu for Tony's jeep. Light bulb went off and sent my ecu off to him for the tune. He used one of the pictures for the thumb nail for the video of him doing the tune with HP tuners.

Doing alot of work under the hood so I have to get that all done before I can drive it.

I love the bees I put in the corners just like my T/A Challenger I had

Old 08-10-2024, 10:12 PM
Los_Control
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool stuff, UTG is fun to follow. Still waiting to see how his jeep does at the track .... should be out soon. IIRC, DR Art rebuilt that ECU just to get it to run.
Nice van, I always liked vans for work vehicles and road trips

Old 08-11-2024, 10:51 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

Nice rims!

Old 08-11-2024, 11:39 AM
jeffersonracing
Professional

Originally Posted by Los_Control
Cool stuff, UTG is fun to follow. Still waiting to see how his jeep does at the track .... should be out soon. IIRC, DR Art rebuilt that ECU just to get it to run.
Nice van, I always liked vans for work vehicles and road trips
I wish Tony would follow through on stuff better. I was really interested in the Jeep and it seems he just dropped it. Dr. Art tuned the Jeep ecu and that's when it really perked up and hit the 9's.

Always had vans. Used them to haul motorcycles to races. Started with a Chevy, then a Ford, and finally got a Dodge. Best looking of the bunch.

The following users liked this post:
Los_Control (08-12-2024)
Old 08-11-2024, 11:41 AM
jeffersonracing
Professional

Originally Posted by alloro
Nice rims!
Thanks. Took 2 sets to get the flat center caps and decent wheels.

Old 08-12-2024, 04:52 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional

Thought I would include a picture of one of the things I did under the hood. To start off I installed a Scan Gauge 2 to monitor things and I saw coolant temps hotter than they should have been. I knew the transmission cooler had been leaking for a good long while before I bought it and the oil had coated the radiator and ac condenser. I had also purchased a March 3 piece set of under driven pulleys so thought I will kill 2 birds with one stone as it were. I killed a few more than expected. The mounting plates on the radiator only had 1 of the 4 points attached to the tanks and 1/3 of the surface of the radiator was completely blocked by the build up of dirt and such on the oil. The tranny cooler was also completely blocked. Can't believe it wasn't running alot warmer than it was. Also found why the dipstick tube was zip tied to one of the ac lines. the bracket had been broken off and would just loosely spin in the hole. Got that welded up and installed with sealant where it enters the block. Much better.
Started with the pulleys and immediately saw the water pump wasn't going to accept the March pulley as the March pulley is intended to bolt onto the wp and mine had a press on pulley. I didn't know they had 2 different water pumps for these motors, but I got the right one on the way and it looks like the bolt on pump is kind of rare. Its a good thing I got a new pump as the impeller on the original was rubbing on the housing and had worn it down some. The pulleys were over 4 pounds lighter than the steel pulleys so that's an added bonus as well as the looks.
The other project was trying to figure out how to mount my Flex a lite dual fan setup on this Dodge. Was easy peasy on the Ford, but took some thinking and fabrication on the Dodge, but I think I have it licked if I can get it in there. It won't fit attached to the radiator like the Ford and in general the radiator/ fan setup has been a pain.
I also took the ac blower out to see what I might find in there and was pleased that there wasn't a bunch of trash in there. Cleaned the squirrel cage and blew out the motor. Also had one of the tranny cooler lines repaired with new hose and crimping. The actual cooler took alot of work to get clean, but finally did and new hose and clamps and I hope the leak or leaks are taken care of. Here's the pic of the pulleys.

Was going to get the PS pulley while I was here, but they weren't available right now. It would be nice if I can install it with everything else in place. Guess I can always remove the pump if I have to.

Last edited by jeffersonracing; 08-12-2024 at 09:29 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional

Took a pic of the fan that is going on the van. Wouldn't go in attached and wouldn't go in with the brackets bolted in place. Still have some wiring to figure out and run, but shouldn't be too big a deal. There is alot more room now to get to things in front of the engine. Going to like the accessability

The following users liked this post:
Los_Control (Today)
Old Today, 11:39 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,318 Likes on 3,063 Posts

What is that fan from originally???

Old Today, 11:50 AM
jeffersonracing
Professional

It's a Flex a lite 295. Not sure how long it's been on the Ford, but the rubber flaps had cracked and deteriorated pretty bad and they wanted a ridiculous amount for new ones so I got some rubber here in town and cut them out. The sealing strip had come apart at the joint in a large portion of the piece and they didn't even offer that so I shoe goo'd it in place and it worked very well. Not near as pretty, but.

Old Today, 01:02 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,318 Likes on 3,063 Posts

I like the design.

Quick Reply: Just a couple of pics