1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

SRT Turbo Checklist

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 11:40 PM
ZiggyNeon
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT Turbo Checklist

Ok here is a link to a spreadsheet i made with spuds list and i was wondering if anyone had any input on it or if i need to add anything to it for it to be complete

[IMG]local://upfiles/44109/2D7247C5E1F8496B81277649AD0A3CEA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-31-2006, 12:45 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SRT Turbo Checklist

You will need bigger injectors and a stronger clutch. Also make sure, your compression is good before you start. A turbo will find and expose small problems and make them big ones.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:51 AM
ZiggyNeon
Veteran

ok bigger injectors and a stronger clutch....hmmmm ill do a compression test someday this week if i got spare money...and das or anyone...can u point me to a good set of injectors and a good clutch...it is auto but im swappin it to mtx before i even buy one part for the turbo lol and since i dont need the k member cuz im just gonna get solid motor mounts...no need for that bobble strut then so thats one less thing and one step easier

so which injectors and what clutch (for atx and mtx)

Old 10-31-2006, 12:51 AM
FyreDaug
Veteran

If you have more than 15% variance anywhere on the compression chart, to not boost it, or itll be likely to blow within 1000km

Old 10-31-2006, 12:54 AM
das2123
Legend

I'd go with at least 24lb injectors and at the least get a PT clutch.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:57 AM
spudsterier
Legend

im getting the pt clutch for my car.....but im gonna be running the stock injectors too, since im only gonna be running low boost until the motor gets built, hopefully by spring, but i really wanna lift my rango....so i dont know whats gonna happen

Old 10-31-2006, 01:02 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i was just looking at that list, i never noticed thats about what im paying for all mine.....damn...

i changed from the vortec regulator to the aeromotive one.....
intercooler piping kit is gonna run about 120.00.....maybe...just dont get anything bigger then 2.5 inch pipe...
make sure to add that the walbro fuel pump your gonna need is an external inline pump(took me 3 tries to get that one right)
if you get a boost controller then get a good one....not a cheapo ebay one.....im gonna get a hallman pro rx for mine....but i have to get the 90.00 to spend on one first....the agp wastegate will work fine for now
hot and cold side pipes will not work on our neons, but it is good to get them so that you can have a good pipe running through the radiator support........you can find them on srtforums.com for abour 60.00...

if you end up needing any help then just let me know...i will give you all the help i can

Old 10-31-2006, 01:33 AM
spudsterier
Legend

there are a few things that are missing that might not seem major now, but when the time comes then will be....such as:
your fuel pump will have to modified for a return line
you will need the return line iteself to run from the regulator back to the tank
you will also need a T fitting that mounts between the block and the oil sending unit so that you will have your oil feed line
the oil pan will have to be modified for the oil return line
you will need vaccum lines to runf from the mainfold to the wastegate, one from the manifold to the stock BOV, and one from the manifold to the FPR
2.5 inch exhaust pipe would be a good investment....i didnt have it on my list because i alredy have the pipe from my last r/t
if you have it then the a/c pump will have to be removed so that you have enough room for the intercooler piping(if you need help knowing how to route the intercooler pipe just let me know)

the autometer gauges i ordered were the autometer pro comp ultra-lite.....since i wanted the srt boost gauge and thats what kind it is....and i only got the air fuel gauge to fill up the last spot in the gauge pod since i wanted a 3 gauge piller

if i think of more i will post it up

Old 10-31-2006, 01:45 AM
ZiggyNeon
Veteran

thanks for all the input this list is so my wife can decide on me spending that much on turboing the neon or getting a turbo'd car for under 2 grand and fixin it up
i.e. : she saw a 89 dayton (2.2 turbo ) with 125k on it, new tires, new brakes, new ac and only wants 1200 for it

edit: if...IF... i do sell the neon ill prolly list it locally for 1800 then put it on ebay with a super high reserve to see what i can get out of it

Old 10-31-2006, 01:47 AM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: ZiggyNeon
edit: if...IF... i do sell the neon ill prolly list it locally for 1800 then put it on ebay with a super high reserve to see what i can get out of it
You might get $1500 for it on eBay. Neons are cheap and plentiful on there.

Quick Reply: SRT Turbo Checklist