2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joshpalmer27
Put a pair of cheap Wolo truck horns in ole Buford with a momentary push button to activate it (Doesn't sound too bad!). Wired a CB into the cab with a P.A. system under the hood, and mounted a pair of Light Force flood lights with another momentary push button. Busy but successful day!

While reading this post, a voice inside my head said, "You might be a redneck -- if..."

Old 06-24-2013, 11:41 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by abdodge1500
drove it to summer school to make up stuff for a test I failed, Then drove to another neighborhood to play basketball. one thing I've noticed since getting my license 4 months ago is that there are some bad drivers here in Florida.
I found that out while getting my permit. Almost got run off the road on my last drive with the driving school.
Originally Posted by redneck_ram
i started it and moved it around. old pump that died is still going strong...
Do what? Thought it was dead dead?
Originally Posted by VWandDodge
While reading this post, a voice inside my head said, "You might be a redneck -- if..."
Oh, come on! You know you want train horns on your Silver Bullet!

Old 06-25-2013, 05:01 AM
PrestonEidsmoe
Professional

Originally Posted by stewie01
I drove it to town.............twice....

I've got a really annoying vacuum leak/hiss, assuming it's a vac leak anyway, when I get on it. Gotta find it... Sounds like it's coming from the driver side of the engine compartment, but I dunno...

Sounds like it could be the vacuum off the cruise control or the brake booster? If it is loud, I would bet that grommet is leaking right in front of you on the firewall brake booster? You may get better advice from those who have seen threads from some of the local guys on here?

Good luck with it. Other vehicles it is not a big deal but, it may be on these trucks? Have to start a thread or piggy back on another thread about the same subject?

Again, I am new and just throwing out ideas. I have a lot of time to make up for so, the learning curve is steep.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:20 AM
1997DodgeRam
Professional

In last two days ran half a can of seafoam down the breakbooster, first time its ever been done to the truck and replaced my OE cat with a new magnaflow cat and realized not having good cutting tools I sure did it the hard way. On the bright side the bolts to the manifolds did come off easy with air now why I didn't pick of a cut off wheel I can't figure.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The cup holders from the 97 sold lightning quick on e-Bay Sunday night.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:17 AM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drove the ram to work again today and got a lil scare. I got on it to beat a red light when the trans decided to slip real bad in 2nd or 3rd. But it only did it once. I don't know if it was a fluke or something stating to give but it makes me a little nervous. After all I have had 4 trans rebuilt for me in the last year and really can't afford another.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Jigabop
Champion

time to convert to a manual...

Old 06-25-2013, 01:31 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, yes it is. Lemme have yours.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:32 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by Jigabop
time to convert to a manual...
*inb4timeforcummins*

TIME FOR A MUTHATRUCKIN CUMMINS.
Originally Posted by QuadCabLuv
Yes, yes it is. Lemme have yours.
Like that would ever happen.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QuadCabLuv
Drove the ram to work again today and got a lil scare. I got on it to beat a red light when the trans decided to slip real bad in 2nd or 3rd. But it only did it once. I don't know if it was a fluke or something stating to give but it makes me a little nervous. After all I have had 4 trans rebuilt for me in the last year and really can't afford another.
Best to do a band adjustment to be on the safe side. If it slipped after kicking down to 2nd, it's most likely a loose front band which isn't really hard to adjust.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?