2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 08:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Originally Posted by AppelH
I feel like a guy could make good money doing this lol. That is unless your a good citizen and do it out of the kindness of your heart. Or unless there is a law against it I guess.
Since folks are so sue happy these days, you are taking a gamble when you do it. I usually make the person getting pulled hook up their end of the strap/chain, and I warn them up front, that I will NOT be held responsible for damage to their vehicle. I made serious money one day back in the 90's after a serious storm, and a selection of stupid people. 600 bucks in three hours.

Today though, it was my neighbors, and I am new in the area, (little over a year), so, if they offered money, I would consider taking it, but, I most certainly didn't ASK for it.

Of course, now my one neighbor wants me to work on his tractor. THAT he offered money for.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:25 PM
BBartow
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just put 22 gallons in her.

The joy of being able to drive in the night with the windows down shirtless and not freeze to death. Welcome back Florida weather.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:31 PM
AppelH
Captain

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Since folks are so sue happy these days, you are taking a gamble when you do it. I usually make the person getting pulled hook up their end of the strap/chain, and I warn them up front, that I will NOT be held responsible for damage to their vehicle. I made serious money one day back in the 90's after a serious storm, and a selection of stupid people. 600 bucks in three hours.

Today though, it was my neighbors, and I am new in the area, (little over a year), so, if they offered money, I would consider taking it, but, I most certainly didn't ASK for it.

Of course, now my one neighbor wants me to work on his tractor. THAT he offered money for.
$600 bucks is a good haul.

On the subject of snow, how many of you gents put dedicated snow tires on you 4wd? I just ask because around here I don't ever see trucks or SUVs with snow tires, just all terrain or mud tires. Our little toyota has a good set of studless snow tires, and I would pick it over my AWD Durango until ground clearance becomes an issue. I can only imagine how good the rango would handle with true snow tires, it would be unstoppable lol

Old 01-27-2014, 08:59 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BBartow
Just put 22 gallons in her.

The joy of being able to drive in the night with the windows down shirtless and not freeze to death. Welcome back Florida weather.
Jealous!

Wind chill in the low negatives tonight through sometime tomorrow...

I think we're going to get a break in February, at least for a little bit...

Old 01-27-2014, 09:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

I run a mishmash of tires. Mudders in the back, (better than 50% worn.) AT's in the front. (almost new...) My biggest problem is open differentials front and rear. If I were going to be pulling folks out on a regular basis, I would be looking for some selectable diffs for both ends.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:05 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Drove it.... havent done much to it as of late. Need to pull the m1, and replace the end gaskets...

Old 01-28-2014, 01:49 AM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Drove it to work and back home after. Need to wash it at some point.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:56 AM
renardk764
Veteran

Replaced non existent dash with LMC full replacement, checked heater core and A/C (both had been changed by PO and were in excellent shape so now I have one of each stuck on a shelf for the future), received PaceSetter Long Tubes and Off Road Crossover, received Megaviper, received Deraille Trannsmission cooler. Hope weather cooperates this weekend so I can install the tranny and cooler. :-)

Old 01-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by renardk764
Replaced non existent dash with LMC full replacement, checked heater core and A/C (both had been changed by PO and were in excellent shape so now I have one of each stuck on a shelf for the future), received PaceSetter Long Tubes and Off Road Crossover, received Megaviper, received Deraille Trannsmission cooler. Hope weather cooperates this weekend so I can install the tranny and cooler. :-)
Does lmc still have the actual dash replacement? Not simply a cover? I thought they discontinued that.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Jigabop
Champion

LMC has both.

you can get a cover, or you can get the whole new dash.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?