2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Dieselweasle
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loaded up the bed with the firewood I just took out on Friday, thinking no more snow, then it snowed yesterday!

Old 02-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems I need to "fix" my second mouse trap.

the first one that got a mouse is 2-0 now since I "fixed" it (I bent the trap lever to make it far more sensitive than it originally was)

and the other trap still is getting cleaned off without being set off so I will need to bend the lever on it as well...

2 mice down though.

oughta rename my truck to mousetrap

Old 02-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star

Put on the oil pan today, and tomorrow I put on the heads! I'll get some pics as well.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Dieselweasle
Professional

Experienced a no start issue. It would only turn on and run with the E-Brake on... Turns out when I wired up the tach, that the wire got caught in between the arm and switch? of the E-Brake and pinched it and cut the insulation of the signal wire of the tach. Turns out you can't let the coil ground out lol.

Can't fix stupid, but you can fix was stupid does

Old 02-13-2014, 11:46 PM
JRedRam
Amateur

I finally made time to install the front bumper valance and halfass installed the mossy oak dash cover. Hopefully this weekend I'll have more time but till then I do have an issue I'm hoping I can get answered here!

I bought a pair of LED turn signal bulbs, BUT, the blink rate is super fast. Does anyone have a quick fix for this?

Old 02-14-2014, 12:27 AM
AppelH
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRedRam
I finally made time to install the front bumper valance and halfass installed the mossy oak dash cover. Hopefully this weekend I'll have more time but till then I do have an issue I'm hoping I can get answered here!

I bought a pair of LED turn signal bulbs, BUT, the blink rate is super fast. Does anyone have a quick fix for this?
Last time this happened to me, one of my bulbs was loose and not making a good (or any) connection, which lowered the amount of electrical resistance to the blinker and made it blink faster. This was with stock lights though.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:08 AM
JRedRam
Amateur

Originally Posted by AppelH
Last time this happened to me, one of my bulbs was loose and not making a good (or any) connection, which lowered the amount of electrical resistance to the blinker and made it blink faster. This was with stock lights though.
So far my best solution seems to be the Tridon EP27 Flasher. I've found a lot of sites with people having had the same issue and successfully able to fix it with a tridon flasher. I really have no idea how the electrical works, but it's $15 at my local parts store.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:34 AM
P1NKST@FF
Professional

I think it comes from the fact that LEDs take less power to lite so the flasher doesn't get enough load to flash at the right rate or gets too much power... Something along those lines

Old 02-14-2014, 06:01 PM
Rescue35
Professional

Topped of the tranny fluid and fixed the TV cable for now. It drives just fine...she didn't want to back up though. Must have still had some air in the valvebody. She finaly decided backwards was ok.

Now the ABS and Break light are on. I have a new mirror and headlights for it, now to get them on.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Dieselweasle
Professional

Installed some new 6x9's in the front, new deck and tomorrow, going to look at some 51/4's for the rear. In two weeks, a 12" sub and amp. I'll continue to use the other port on the sub box for storage lol

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?